Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

SD card not shown

19th April 2009, 02:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 0

164 posts
More
Hi, since I upgraded my SPL to 1.54/1.56, i've tried installing both Dutty WM6.1 v2.9 and Mira WM6.5 v8.1 but neither of them seems to like my storage card, i have to do soft reset for it to recognise the card, but after a while the card will disappear again...
any1 got the same problem or know how to fix it please?
Thanks
19th April 2009, 02:41 AM   |  #2  
Retired Moderator
Flag Woodstock, GA
Thanks Meter: 99

1,986 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurluver

Hi, since I upgraded my SPL to 1.54/1.56, i've tried installing both Dutty WM6.1 v2.9 and Mira WM6.5 v8.1 but neither of them seems to like my storage card, i have to do soft reset for it to recognise the card, but after a while the card will disappear again...
any1 got the same problem or know how to fix it please?
Thanks

I've seen one other user with the same issue. What type / brand of SD card are you using? Trying to narrow down what is causing this... he had the same issue with same rom(s).
19th April 2009, 09:13 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hanoi

164 posts
More
its the SanDisk 8GB SDHC one - one that came by default with Orange UK contract.
Btw, I did upgrade to the offcial 1.54/56 ROM before upgrading to the 2 ROMs above.
19th April 2009, 09:35 AM   |  #4  
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter: 5

2,270 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

its the SanDisk 8GB SDHC one - one that came by default with Orange UK contract.
Btw, I did upgrade to the offcial 1.54/56 ROM before upgrading to the 2 ROMs above.

Maybe it's got to do with the power management policies the Chef applied. Try to use schaps' Advanced Config 3.3 to disable SD Card Power Management and see if it helps.

Also, some caches and DMA could be the culprits but first let's see about power management.
19th April 2009, 11:24 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hanoi

164 posts
More
The Power Management is disabled.
Also, 1 thing I particularly noticed is when I open Windows Media player, attempt to update my library on storage card, it can find all my music files, but when it attempt to add the music to the library, it doesnt. and then the sd card disappear from File Explorer, WMP libary option.
19th April 2009, 12:57 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 61

1,002 posts
More
Backup your sd card to your PC, and reformat it. Had the same problem, fixed with a format
19th April 2009, 01:46 PM   |  #7  

29 posts
More
Angry
Quote:

I have the same SanDisk8GB SDHC one - default card which came with the phone. Same thing happned. It has become very slow to access, and practically useless, the phone cannot detect the card. If put into the computer with the adapter then also it is the same computer cannot read it or sometimes takes too long, cannot format. this happened after the 1.54/56 rom.
Last edited by incobra; 19th April 2009 at 01:50 PM. Reason: want to add stuff
19th April 2009, 02:18 PM   |  #8  
Flag Le Mans
Thanks Meter: 4

273 posts
Happened to me also with some custom ROM.
I used my warranty to exchange the SD card.
My advice : backup your SD card when you can, from time to time.
19th April 2009, 05:03 PM   |  #9  

9 posts
Same Thing
Same thing happenned to my card. Same default card that came with the phone. But I have SPL 1.14 which I have had for a while now. I just flashed to a Miri ROM and it started happenning. I will try reformatting to see if it helps.
19th April 2009, 05:48 PM   |  #10  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 3

312 posts
did you remove the sd-card when you flashed?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread