Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,557 Members 52,916 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] The Dude's Cupcake1.3RC2 [AOSP + ADP1.5] [2009-06-19]

Tip us?

i9zero
Old
(Last edited by i9zero; 20th April 2009 at 07:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Holy crap... I just installed it. I can say for sure that Korea and Japanese works for Local, so I assume that it'll work all 72 locals.

PDFViewer Does not work.

brianb7590
Old
Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeOfLife View Post
You're talking about the hardware keyboard autocorrect? Yeah, I'm looking into that. This is a lil tougher than the G leak, because I'm having to add everything in by hand.

@big nu, I'm unemployed, and addicted to learning. as long as I don't see stupid giant fonts with crazy colors in my threads I'll keep working.

@rsfaze, the transitions are from the latest AOSP, and surprisingly enough...the same as the HTC build. Not gonna change it either..too integrated.

@yatyas, yeah the camera is a driver issue the apk's fine...I'm working on it, but trying to let things simmer for a bit so I can gather up some issues and release and update later today.

Actually I haven't even tried the hardware keyboard lol. The VK doesn't autosuggest words, well except for "Android" if you type "am". but it does, however, do the auto punctuation (e.g. "dont" > "don't")
LG G2 (D801)

erics9382
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i love the build super fast and very stable one thing i did notice is that when i try to watch youtube videos in high quality it gives me an error message can not play video anyone else getting error?

big nu
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
You're talking about the hardware keyboard autocorrect? Yeah, I'm looking into that. This is a lil tougher than the G leak, because I'm having to add everything in by hand.

@big nu, I'm unemployed, and addicted to learning. as long as I don't see stupid giant fonts with crazy colors in my threads I'll keep working.

@rsfaze, the transitions are from the latest AOSP, and surprisingly enough...the same as the HTC build. Not gonna change it either..too integrated.

@yatyas, yeah the camera is a driver issue the apk's fine...I'm working on it, but trying to let things simmer for a bit so I can gather up some issues and release and update later today.
problem solved. . .
Device: hammerhead
ROM: Jimmy
Radio: Crack
Kernel: Corn!

Karolis
Old
Thanks Meter 13
My experience so far is that pretty much everything works "as advertised" (Market, phone, etc.) except:

- video recorder often crashes and when it doesn't, it records a really crappy quality video (mine is set to the highest);
- GPS does not seem to work;
- superuser looks like it's working but in reality it inhibits root-enabled apps from working, thus I could not test wifi tether;
- I didn't see two VKs as stated in first post;

Over all this build still needs a good polish before it can be used on a day-to-day basis.

On the side note my WiFi is not working with this build either Since it's not working with Haykuro's 5.0.2Hr3 can it be that it's messed-up on my end? If so, how could I test it / see some logs?

metasage
Old
(Last edited by metasage; 20th April 2009 at 07:52 PM.) Reason: typo!
Thanks Meter 3
The most important issue for me in haykuro's builds was the extra sensitive mic picking up background noises. It's hard to hold a conversation on G or H.

Dude,
is there any way to fix this? several people have noticed this but someone has yet to respond

Here is the issue on Haykuro's page:
http://code.google.com/p/sapphire-po...s/detail?id=89

manup456
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 366

DONATE TO ME
This is bad a$$ great work bro.

hussein.j
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
I'll be here all day cause, well, I don't have a real job right now
Ah, you're a full time ROM Chef at the moment!

I'm going to lurk here for a little while until you get a few little loose ends tied up and happy for a solid 1.0 and you'll get a few bucks from me for sure. Good luck finding a job and all that.

Respect - Hussein, UK

TemporalShadows
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by metasage View Post
The most important issue for me in haykuro's builds was the extra sensitive mic picking up background noises. It's hard to hold a conversation on G or H.

Dude,
is there any way to fix this? several people have noticed this but someone has yet to respond

Here is the issue on Haykuro's page:
http://code.google.com/p/sapphire-po...s/detail?id=89
Actually, I was going to ask if this works OK in the new build. That's the #1 thing preventing me from moving from JF's RC33 to these newer builds. I was going to test it but I don't have time to flash it this afternoon. I was trying to figure out how the mic sensitivity is determined, but haven't had much success yet. My first guess is that it's determined by the values in "AudioPara4.csv", but replacing it with the JF RC33 version had no effect that I could see. In Windows Mobile it controls speaker volume and other volume related settings, so I figured since it was present it might be worth noting/tweaking, but no luck so far. Anyone else got any ideas?

As for everyone asking about exchange sync - when I used it on haykuro's H build, my notifications worked perfectly. You can also try the Moxier Mail pre-release though, it works just as well, and it's free for now. Just until the built-in exchange gets figured out.

I'd love to help with development, but work keeps me so busy that I haven't been able to get started.

TheDudeOfLife
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
my bad about the pdf viewer. That's getting fixed right.......now

Thanks guys for all the kind words and such. Admittedly I didn't spend a lot of time testing this one, so I will be trying to get these easy ones worked out asap.

I have no idea how the mic performs...nor would I know where to start with making it better.

Ok...pffffff..i'll be back in a bit. gonna try and get .6 ready

I'm thinking about making 2 versions, wipe and no wipe. But if you have looping issues, i'm gonna refer you straight to the wipe edition.

Since I got all this room I want to include some JFisims into it. That's gonna be closer to 1.0

Tags
cupcake, thedude
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe