Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,545 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Radio and GPS Issues

Tip us?

snoopy4life09
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Radio and GPS Issues

I recently flashed to nX1i v1.04 and installed iGo 8. Everything was working beautifully but I wanted to try out itje's Touch-IT X1-P.UC. After I flashed I went through the motions setting up the connection and reinstalled iGo. After I ran iGo I realized I was not connecting to any satellites. The satellites were showing up but there was no connection being made. I ensured that I had updated quickgps but it did nothing. I tried also using the gps function in google maps but it could not find any satellites. The baud rate in iGo was set to auto and the com at 4.

I checked my radio version and I had Radio 1.11.25.76. I thought that maybe if I changed my radio it might help. I tried flashing blackstone and raphael both modified for the X1 and after the utility said congratulations, the phone reset but in device information i was still at 1.11.25.76. I tried reflashing spl and then flashing the radios but still the same issue. I did however flash down to 1.10.25.18 and back up to 1.11.25.76 with no problem.

The underlying issue here is the GPS. I really need the gps up and running as it is my only gps! Anybody have any ideas?

Fulgore69
Old
Thanks Meter 0
About the radio update the number didn't change because your phone must be security locked...But if you use official xperia radios it does change the number...
And about the gps issues you shouldt try other rom i recommend you i prefer stock roms there have not such kind of issues or maybe light ones, i use one that i myself have take all videos and get more memory....
Trust me try other roms
Or use a tool call GPStool from HTC...
And make hot and cold start....

snoopy4life09
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulgore69 View Post
About the radio update the number didn't change because your phone must be security locked...But if you use official xperia radios it does change the number...
And about the gps issues you shouldt try other rom i recommend you i prefer stock roms there have not such kind of issues or maybe light ones, i use one that i myself have take all videos and get more memory....
Trust me try other roms
Or use a tool call GPStool from HTC...
And make hot and cold start....
Thanks for the help Fulgore69! I tried flashing back to stock but no luck. Is the rom you are using available on xda? I have no idea where to go from here

THJahar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Have you confirmed that your Regional settings and your timezone are correct?
These can affect the ability of the GPS to work.
-----------------------------------
Dell Streak
ROM:
Coming soon!
ESSENTIAL APPS:
Google Navigator, FBReader, ES File Explorer, Barcode Scanner, Bonsai Blast

snoopy4life09
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by THJahar View Post
Have you confirmed that your Regional settings and your timezone are correct?
These can affect the ability of the GPS to work.
Yes, the regional settings and time zone are set correctly

tjex
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I get that sometimes as well, it could be cloud cover etc. Try it again in about 5 to 10 minutes and see if you're still having the same problem.

snoopy4life09
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjex View Post
I get that sometimes as well, it could be cloud cover etc. Try it again in about 5 to 10 minutes and see if you're still having the same problem.
I have tried it several times today on clear skies just standing still outside, no dice

Fulgore69
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy4life09 View Post
I have tried it several times today on clear skies just standing still outside, no dice
Try this tool here you go
Uploaded to my account by me:

http://www.4shared.com/file/10073763...t_004g_SE.html

And password of rar: Ferdinand Fullgraff