Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,940 Members 46,550 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Keyboard

Tip us?

mx4life
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Keyboard

I know the TP2 has a slide-out full QWERTY keyboard.
But I was wondering is it also possible to type something on the TP2 if the keyboard isn't slide out? So if it has an on-screen keyboard?

Thanks in Advance!

orb3000
Old
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3031
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx4life View Post
I know the TP2 has a slide-out full QWERTY keyboard.
But I was wondering is it also possible to type something on the TP2 if the keyboard isn't slide out? So if it has an on-screen keyboard?

Thanks in Advance!
Welcome to the forum
Yes it will include on screen keyboard for sure
But if you prefer a non sliding keyboard you have Diamond 2...
orb

HTC One M8 - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

mx4life
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by orb3000 View Post
Welcome to the forum
Yes it will include on screen keyboard for sure
But if you prefer a non sliding keyboard you have Diamond 2...
Thanks, been reading things here for a while, just never really had something to post about

I'm prefering the TP2's design over the TD2's design. And I rather have the dual mic and speakers than a slighty better camera.
I was just wonderin if it would have a slide out keyboard and a on-screen one.

Poke_N_PDA
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Also, it's nice since it will finally have a big enough screen to use a finger touch keyboard with. The old 2.8 inch screens just weren't wide enough.
John 14:6

Link278
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Thanks, been reading things here for a while, just never really had something to post about

I'm prefering the TP2's design over the TD2's design. And I rather have the dual mic and speakers than a slighty better camera.
I was just wonderin if it would have a slide out keyboard and a on-screen one.
Yeah I think the touch pro 2 is a lot better too but the thing is that the diamond 2 has a better camera than the touch pro 2 so yeah you will actually have a worse camera if you for the touch pro 2 than if you go for the diamond 2 but the screen is bigger on the touch pro 2 so yeah that works for me.
Rhodium and Topaz M2D theme here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=521466
(My first 2 themes)

My First App (feedback PLEASE) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...04#post3499204

I became a senior member in 86 days lol

fortunz
Old
Thanks Meter 104
The landscape keyboard is a big part of my buying decision, but I don't expect it to completely replace an onscreen keyboard. If I'm typing in a short web address, document name or a password, I may not bother to slide out the keyboard if the softboard is easy to launch and goes away quickly.

mx4life
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunz View Post
The landscape keyboard is a big part of my buying decision, but I don't expect it to completely replace an onscreen keyboard. If I'm typing in a short web address, document name or a password, I may not bother to slide out the keyboard if the softboard is easy to launch and goes away quickly.
Exactly the reason why I wanted to know if it had an onscreen keyboard!
Or when you are in the club, and want a galls phone number

poppinpengawen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just hope the onscreen KB won't be like the one on the kaiser/tilt/tytn 2. yknow, the way the onscreen KB keeps popping up if you use if even once? that annoys me lol
Device: Motorola Atrix 4G ROOTED running ADEO v0.2

cocoaju
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Exactly the reason why I wanted to know if it had an onscreen keyboard!
Or when you are in the club, and want a galls phone number
A brilliant reason for having an on-screen keyboard. I like that!

gmanfuzing
Old
Thanks Meter 6
lol this is a odd thread , the touch pro 1 had an onscreen keyboard , why wouldn't number 2 lol , also , why would it be hard to type if you switch to the compact qwerty on the touch pro one lol i find it quite easy