FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Chinese IME for HTC s620 wm6 ROM

157 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By sagementor, Senior Member on 29th October 2007, 03:59 AM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
I flashed my C720W with S620 and Roger's English ROM which built in with XT9. I manage to install Chinese font to view webpages and messages with Chinese. However I did not find a good way to input Chinese. All I need is a STROKE IME for Traditional Chinese.

1) I cannot found Xt9 Chinese
2) I tried to extract some files from the asia ROM for Keytouch IME, but failed to manage the registry setting and cannot make it work.
3) I tried to install CE-Star Smartphone 2.8, it does not work!!
4) I tried to install Plum IME (PlumSIP5_SP1), I can type Chinese with the number keys, but the key mapping is not for my QWERT keyboard.

Anyone have a solution?

29th October 2007, 03:20 PM |#2  
Nanjing
Thanks Meter: 0

More
CE-Sta smartphone 2.8 is the only choice.
30th October 2007, 09:31 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong

More
seu2002,

which ce-star version? i installed the trial from splife.com. i see the chinese letter "centre" on the bar, but i don't know how to change the ime.
31st October 2007, 03:17 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong

More
I cannot switch to Chinese IME in CE-star. When I press FN-SPACE, it still pops up the XT9 IME menu. There is no option for a Chinese IME.
31st October 2007, 09:23 AM |#5  
Nanjing

More
the newest version, that it 2.8R3a.
hold Fn when u press space to change between system T9 and CE-Star,
hold(long press) Fn to call the menu.

anything u don't understand, u can reply or PM me glad to find someone here who use chinese
31st October 2007, 12:51 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong

More
when i press Fn+Space, it pops up the usual XT9 menu (small as the one before i install CE-star). the menu shows

1 XT9 English
2 ABC
3 Language ->
-> 1 French
-> 2 English
4 About XT9

I am using Roger's ROM.
1st November 2007, 02:44 AM |#7  
Nanjing

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagementor

when i press Fn+Space, it pops up the usual XT9 menu (small as the one before i install CE-star). the menu shows

1 XT9 English
2 ABC
3 Language ->
-> 1 French
-> 2 English
4 About XT9

I am using Roger's ROM.

I'v no idea which version do u use, I recommend u test the latest version of ce-star which u can find on their website http://www.mobem.com

good luck
1st November 2007, 04:34 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong

More
i cold-booted my phone, and installed the version downloaded from http://www.mobem.com. now i can read and type chinese. i think the chinese pack i was using is not compatiable with ce-star. anyway...

but now i have another problem. the ce-star works well after i freshly installed it. after a few restart, it creates a problem. i cannot read any SMS and email, the screen turns blank, and i cannot even type a new message. i am pretty sure it is caused by ce-star. my phone goes back to normal after i uninstall the ce-star. there is a post in another forum talking about the same problem.

http://www.pumb.org/viewthread.php?t...e=52#pid453639

have you got this experience? how did you solve it?

thank you!
1st November 2007, 07:29 AM |#9  
Nanjing

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagementor

i cold-booted my phone, and installed the version downloaded from http://www.mobem.com. now i can read and type chinese. i think the chinese pack i was using is not compatiable with ce-star. anyway...

but now i have another problem. the ce-star works well after i freshly installed it. after a few restart, it creates a problem. i cannot read any SMS and email, the screen turns blank, and i cannot even type a new message. i am pretty sure it is caused by ce-star. my phone goes back to normal after i uninstall the ce-star. there is a post in another forum talking about the same problem.

http://www.pumb.org/viewthread.php?t...e=52#pid453639

have you got this experience? how did you solve it?

thank you!

Frankly speaking, ce-star is not that perfect, it has some annoying bugs

According to my experience, if u run some new soft or go to some menu that u haven't been to before, catastrophe may occur, which means ur device just freeze. Acctually, u needn't uninstall it, just reboot, if there is no response, just pull out battery and boot. Don't worry, it's OK. It'll be fine after u done this for some times

btw, I feel angry for paying $25 for that ****!!!
If I could buy a new device, I definitely will choose a PPC released in asia so as to get rid of that **** forever!!!
2nd November 2007, 02:07 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong

More
actually my phone was bought in HK with a Chinese ROM, I just wanted to upgraded it to WM6.

for the CE-Star, I solved the problem by removing the DynaNls.lnk from \windows\startup" folder, then manually run the CE-Star program.
2nd November 2007, 04:06 PM |#11  
Nanjing

More
Hi,mate. My phone is also come from HK with CSL 1010 brand
I have tried ur method before, it cannot get rid of the freeze bug. Just wait, it will happen some days later
Maybe tomorrow, who knows
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread