Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 48,454 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which Cupcake ROM is your favorite?
Haykuro's latest 1HrX 126 19.30%
TheDude's latest AOSP 126 19.30%
JesusFreke's 1.5 340 52.07%
TwistedUmbrella' Hybrid 3 0.46%
Other 58 8.88%
Voters: 653. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Which Cupcake ROM is your favorite?

Tip us?

vettejock99
Old
(Last edited by vettejock99; 14th May 2009 at 03:09 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default POLL: Which Cupcake ROM is your favorite?

Okay, so I've seen almost a dozen threads asking for comparisons, and maybe someone will do a table at some point, but I don't think one exists now. Anyway, many of the threads on this topic have been locked because they "degenerate into name calling" and "demotivate the devs if their ROM isn't the best". While both of those outcomes are bad, I think there is value in having some quick idea of who is running what and why, and while some of us may vote one way today and another tomorrow the poll feature appears to be the only way to quickly gauge the breakdown and to catch the large moves that will occur over time as some developers slow down on release schedules and others keep moving forward.

So I have never posted a poll in all my years in forums, but hopefully this will work out. Vote for your favorite, and then tell us why. Give EVERY dev the respect they are due, and emphasize what you like about your favorite ROM and what opportunities you've identified to improve it and possibly some of the others you don't run at the moment. This philosophy is why I made the question about that which is your favorite, not which is "best", which seems to be the word that starts the arguments.

vj99

bigballa
Old
Thanks Meter 84
im still on 5.0.2G only because of the google calendar widget
i tried putting the google calendar onto the adp builds and it would keep force closing processes.gapps and it was breaking the whole rom
ive looked over the forum
if anyone knows how to get the google calendar widget onto the adp rom please let me know

thanks you

ps
thank you to everyone
Current Devices:.
HTC One M8 & Google Nexus 7
Bootloader Unlocked | TWRP

Previous Devices:.
Nexus 5 | HTC One M7 | Nexus 4 | Galaxy SIII | HTC One X | Galaxy Note | Galaxy Nexus | Transformer Prime TF201 | Galaxy SII Skyrocket | iPhone 4S | HTC Vivid | Inspire 4G | Bold 9000 | Infuse 4G | Atrix 4G | Atrix | HTC Surround | iPhone 3GS | iPhone 2G | HTC HD2 | HTC G2 | Nexus One | MyTouch 4G | MyTouch Slide | Touch Pro2 | MyTouch | T-Mobile G1

fdisk81
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am currently running JesusFreke's 1.5 just to try it out; but I honestly find no difference between his build and Haykuro's 1.5Hr3 (Performance may be smoother/faster but it might be my imagination); however I have to give Haykuro his props because I was on Cupcake for a month before today's release thanks to him!

johnnylicious
Old
Thanks Meter 4
good job on this thread,

hope everyone keeps on topic and hope noobs don't make another thread about which cupcake build is better etc.

Im currently running JesusFreke 1.5 like many of us are, performance and speed no real different like fdisk81 said, both seem very stable and quick no lags what so ever.
Only thing i miss from Haykuro ADP 1.5 is the ability to install the HTC VK and use it together with the google VK along with the HTC widgets but its fine.

we'll probably be able to port them over also.

Overrall, all the builds are almost similar in looks and performance, its really basic on perference.

HTC Magic (MyTouch 3G)
Manup's ECLAIR (v1.3)
Donate if you want.
Follow me on Twitter....

4treyu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Still on Haykuro's 5.02G here until JesusFreke gets more locales for his ADP 1.5.

Crazeybt1
Old
(Last edited by Crazeybt1; 3rd May 2009 at 08:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I usually don't do this but i had the Dude's and recently switched to JF's but i'm really missing the PDF reader .. anyone know how i can get it stand alone...i think they're both pretty good

Ersdal
Old
Thanks Meter 1
There are alot of PDF readers available on the market. Many are free and quite decent.

Thedudes' is great though. I haven't updated to JF yet, but I will as soon as there are more locales available.

bleomycin
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I keep ending up back with thedude's, no issues so far with a2sd, and the pdf reader is a must have for me.

Crazeybt1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ersdal View Post
There are alot of PDF readers available on the market. Many are free and quite decent.

Thedudes' is great though. I haven't updated to JF yet, but I will as soon as there are more locales available.
Thanks for the advice.. i did take a look at the market and tried what was free because i didn't want to pay for a possible dissapointment to find that the one included in the dude's build is pretty flawless and quick I think i might just end up switching back to his build..i'm gonna miss the speed of JF's build but oh well i'll be back

Dimath
Old
Thanks Meter 1
For me it's a lack of explanation in most of the builds. JF's build has a detailed changelog togeather with the build and that's the main reason I chouse that one.