POLL: Which Cupcake ROM is your favorite?

Which Cupcake ROM is your favorite?

• Haykuro's latest 1HrX

Votes: 127 19.5%
  • TheDude's latest AOSP

Votes: 126 19.4%
  • JesusFreke's 1.5

Votes: 337 51.8%
  • TwistedUmbrella' Hybrid

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 58 8.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Ravok

Feb 2, 2008
I've been toying aroud with moving over to Haykuro's 1.5Hr3 too but for now im happy with JFs 1.50 and ill stick with it in the meantime

Either way my hats off to all the 1.5 Devs out there churning this stuff out for us :D:D:D:D

I was having some weird issues last night after first flashing to JF's, ended up running through Haykuro and TheDude's builds as well. Then figured out the problem was me. (lol) So I went back to Jf's as it felt faster and "cleaner". Now if I could just get apps2sd working right (can't mess with it now as I'm at work and was dead tired last night after I got it working) tonight I'll be set. :)

lazaro17

Jan 10, 2009
Miami, FL
i too tried jf 1.5 (big fan of his work since rc33). I ended up going back to haykuro 1.5hr3. I noticed things were snappier for me on haykuros too. Also I felt like it was more bare bones that jf's. I have no use for spare parts. And I like the option of downloading terminal separately if i want it.

big ups to both developers. i would suggest to try both and make you're pick on personal preference.

Sheldonjace

Mar 20, 2009
Springfield, MO
I am currently running JF's 1.5 build. Previously running the 1.5Hr3 build.

I made the switch because of how much I loved JF's RC33 and after switching I noticed a dramatic increase in performance and stability. Although I loved the 1.5Hr3 build it did seem a bit laggy. This sort of feedback doesn't really help though because when looking through all these posts every other user says the same thing but vice versa about switching builds.

At this time I'm guessing its personal preference. I did like Haykuru's large amount of Locale settings especially with the ability to switch between the android keyboard and the HTC keyboard which was nice. I also like the "Spare Parts" that JF included and the nice SuperUser application as well. The ability to change and update the window animation speeds and transition speeds was really nice with JF's build.

I've yet to try TheDude's builds but I think I may try some themes on JF's build before I make any switches just yet.

All in All I'm sure they all are great and I'll like them better when I figure out this Apps2sd business. I keep messing up somewhere in the midst of trying to follow the bread crumbs of tutorials spread out everywhere and always missing one crucial step.

PROPS TO ALL THE DEVS FOR THEIR BUILDS!

skaflyer

Apr 9, 2009
I haven't been able to find a definitive answer on this yet... which of the builds include the built-in Exchange support? I am running 5.0.2Hr5-A2SD and loving the Exchange support without having to purchase an app! Do any of the other build include this?

Jun 15, 2007
I am currently running JF's 1.5 build. Previously running the 1.5Hr3 build.

I made the switch because of how much I loved JF's RC33 and after switching I noticed a dramatic increase in performance and stability. Although I loved the 1.5Hr3 build it did seem a bit laggy. This sort of feedback doesn't really help though because when looking through all these posts every other user says the same thing but vice versa about switching builds.

At this time I'm guessing its personal preference. I did like Haykuru's large amount of Locale settings especially with the ability to switch between the android keyboard and the HTC keyboard which was nice. I also like the "Spare Parts" that JF included and the nice SuperUser application as well. The ability to change and update the window animation speeds and transition speeds was really nice with JF's build.

I've yet to try TheDude's builds but I think I may try some themes on JF's build before I make any switches just yet.

All in All I'm sure they all are great and I'll like them better when I figure out this Apps2sd business. I keep messing up somewhere in the midst of trying to follow the bread crumbs of tutorials spread out everywhere and always missing one crucial step.

PROPS TO ALL THE DEVS FOR THEIR BUILDS!

I can't speak for the others but my tutorial has all the necessary steps laid out except actually partitioning the sd card. If that's what you mean by that one step then it makes sense that no1 else tells how to do it, you're either using windows in which case there's pretty much paragon which seems to screw up more often than not or you're using ubuntu or OSX in which case you can just use gparted(ubuntu) and I believe OSX has a built in partition editor that supports ext2 but can't say for sure.

shaneaus

Nov 27, 2007
Austin, Texas
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but the modded G1 forums are embroiled in ecstatic chaos at the moment. :eek:

Best post to date!

I like them all and appreciate all of the devs for their hard work!

I'm currently running the Dude's build... But, who knows?!? Maybe, I'll run JF's tomorrow....Hmmm, or Haykuro's the day after?!?!

They are all good and I thank them for allowing us all to experience the 1.5 build so long before they official release..

OH, CRAP! That's right! The official OTA non-ADP release hasn't even came out yet for.... like 95% of the users!!!

Sheldonjace

Mar 20, 2009
Springfield, MO
I can't speak for the others but my tutorial has all the necessary steps laid out except actually partitioning the sd card. If that's what you mean by that one step then it makes sense that no1 else tells how to do it, you're either using windows in which case there's pretty much paragon which seems to screw up more often than not or you're using ubuntu or OSX in which case you can just use gparted(ubuntu) and I believe OSX has a built in partition editor that supports ext2 but can't say for sure.

Well I have followed your tutorial before and it is nicely laid out. You are correct I am using Vista and attempting to use Paragon. I thought I correctly partitioned the SD card but I chose this option to make the "Ext2" partition "logical" which I don't know if thats what messed the whole process or not. Also when it came down to the whole "Busybox" situation I couldn't find the real definite steps on doing that either. I need to poor a weekend in to doing it as I keep on trying after work and give up when I need to sleep.

I'm sure this is the wrong thread to be posting all of this in so please all other people ignore our posts and Maximus just PM me if you have any further responses or tips. Thanks bud.

Anyways after seeing what Haykuru's next build will include for updates he's gonna have some pretty SWEET stuff! Check out his blog everyone!

dragon4000

Nov 17, 2007
Inglewood
I have used the dudes and so far so good. I lost a bet with my bro and i was forced to give it away...:mad:
But i will be getting myself another one, this time i'll get the white version and will try either jf or haykuros. Cant wait till friday for my baby to come!!:D:D lol

grenness

Dec 19, 2008
Oslo
How do I tell which image I'm running?

When the HTC cupcake image was officially released, I went for an upgrade from JF Holiday to Haykuro - backed up sms/mms with MyBackup, and wiped before install (also installed the radio image).
Then, as JF released his image, I just made another backup just in case, then let JFupdater do the install without wiping. Went without any problems (as far as I can tell).
So I'm using JF right now, but keep an eye out for Haykuros constant development...

But a quick question: can I tell from some setting/signature in my phone software exactly which image I am currently running?
Is there an explanation somewhere on the net telling me how to identify the ROM image?

~Christopher

May 25, 2007
I've only run haykuro adp1.5hr3 build and jf's build.. they both work fine.. I wasn't able to get apps2sd working on jf's build like I could with haykuros.. but jf's has yet to lock up on me needing a reboot like haykuros SOMETIMES did.. so that edge goes to the jf build..

giantcrazy

Sep 29, 2007
I didn't vote, as I don't think it's fair unless you've tried more than one of the above builds.

I'm running Haykuro's ADP 1.5hr3. So far, it's been pretty good. Much more stable and faster than the 1.1 branch of the firmware, even better than expected. I'm looking forward to the T-Mo version of the firmware to see if they've cleaned it up or optimized it any further.

I had run The Dude's Cupcake 0.8 and it was also pretty good. I'm sure that JF's 1.5 build is good stuff as well.

In short, these guys have all done an awesome job. It's great that we have so many to chose from, and so many looking out for us.

odomandr

Dec 28, 2008
threads like this should be giving the pros and cons of each so we can sit down and compare them. we all have different "needs" and "wants" so saying that one is better is not legit. oh well i tried the magic 1.5 yesterday and then went to JF 1.5 both are very nice. i dont miss IM or amazon what so ever. so its great for me.

lazaro17

Jan 10, 2009
Miami, FL
differences

haykuro has mentioned he is coming with an update soon 1.5Hr4

taken from haykuro's blog:

Well after some personally granted vacation time, i’ve decided to release an update.

I realized many people still prefer my builds over JF’s and i’d like to explain quickly the differences between mine and his.

- == same
+ == new in mine

ADP1.5Hr3 / JF1.5
- Root
-/+ Superuser app*
- WifiTether Support
+ Over/Under clocked for better performance / battery life.
+ HTC VK (HTC_CIME), as well as the traditional cupcake keyboard (Latin IME)
+ Wide range of default APN’s.
-/+ Based on ADP1.5**

* = The Superuser app available in JF1.5, at the moment, is newer than the one in my builds. My upcoming release will include the newer Superuser app as well.

** = Another reason i will update, is that there was a new OTA update released shortly after i released my ADP1.5Hr3. The OTA is only slightly newer.

Upcoming features in ADP1.5Hr4:
+ Newer SuperUser app
+ HTC E-Mail client. (Exchange support should work.. more info on this feature as i progress)
+ Based on newer firmware.

i9zero

Mar 17, 2009
Honestly... if you can tell the difference of stability and speed between JF and H builds, fantastic.

For me, my favorite build is the 5.0.2 H build due to lot of the features that ADP and G build lacks. For stability, any ADP is fine. I tried all of ADP builds. I for one found out that they each builds are just as fast and just as stable. I am using the dude's build currently to be lazy as someone had posted somewhere. I wanted the PDFViewer the lazy way along with the weather widget.

[OT] You can always install the key.apk from few of the posts to install the H build vk. The H build vk is great due to having lot of options, but I would rather have it to use the screen vibrate, rather than the entire device vibrate for the feedback like the G/ADP vk.

When ADP 1.5H R4 is released, I will switch again for the exchange support. However, I'm sure I'll keep switching because there already is a German OTA that's floating around, which I'm sure will spark newer builds based on it.

zombierockstar

Mar 23, 2008
Boise, Idaho
Google Pixel 4a
I've tried all of the current 1.5 ROMs out...but I've been leaning towards The Dudes for awhile as I really like was he's doing! All the devs rock though! We're fortunate to have The Dude, Haykuro and JF rocking this stuff!

chidave09

Jan 28, 2009
Racine
if you want the dude's pdf viewer and jf build, install dude first, backup all your apps with this line:

cp -r /data/app /sdcard/app

then install jf build and install the app from the sd card