5,598,779 Members 34,196 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Alternate CSS Theme for XDA Devs Forum (Blue, Grey, more!)

Tip us?

NotATreoFan
Old
Moderator Committee Developer Committee Working for the Weekend
Thanks Meter 4216
Wow! The blue theme really does look good! I modified mine to fit the 1920x1080p display of my laptop.

I actually don't mind the disappearing text on the top bar because now I know when I'm hovering over a link.

Contact the Moderator Committee with any questions or concerns regarding forum moderation.

Please MENTION me if you require semi-prompt assistance. I may not see posts for several hours.

Twitter | Portal | Forum Moderator List

twopumpchump
Old
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 353

DONATE TO ME
im liking the blue theme too just a few images off color but im sure you will figure that out soon. im using it with the new vbulletin plugin for firefox which has a menu bar on the bottom so the disappearing links at the top dont bother me either. thanks for doing this, its nice to have a change of scenery every now and then.
Skyrocket Rom Thread

Skyrocket Radio Thread

if you like my work and wanna buy me a beer....you can do it HERE

OndraSter
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 277

DONATE TO ME
How to get this working in Opera (hope nobody sent it yet):

Open the code in post #1, copy the all source code except the mozilla stuff (@namespace and @-moz-document)

Now, open eg notepad, put there all the text and save it as eg C:\xda.css
Now in Opera, open xda forums -> right click -> Edit local preferences -> Display (Graphics??) and there will be select for User CSS. Select the C:\xda.css -> click OK -> reload page and voila
Lumia 920 + 800 - Official WP AppHub developer

PINCH TO ZOOM ON ANY WINMO DEVICE! | Start Menu Back Gesture | LockScreenPatcher | Move the keyboard to the bottom
====
[CPR & PLG Resolution Convertors] | [Right Click Recmod and Reverse] | [REG/RGU Cleaner] | [Hacking ConnectionSetupDB files]
====
Do you like my work? Buy me beer.
Have you bricked your phone? I can reflash bootloader and radio when you can't anymore! PM me!

OndraSter
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 277

DONATE TO ME
If you're talking about the themes...

There goes mine, black-gray-whatever, it isn't finished (I must get look the same index and listing pages), but the base is fine and doesn't hurt eyes in night

http://userstyles.org/styles/24118
Lumia 920 + 800 - Official WP AppHub developer

PINCH TO ZOOM ON ANY WINMO DEVICE! | Start Menu Back Gesture | LockScreenPatcher | Move the keyboard to the bottom
====
[CPR & PLG Resolution Convertors] | [Right Click Recmod and Reverse] | [REG/RGU Cleaner] | [Hacking ConnectionSetupDB files]
====
Do you like my work? Buy me beer.
Have you bricked your phone? I can reflash bootloader and radio when you can't anymore! PM me!

twopumpchump
Old
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 353

DONATE TO ME
yeah here is mine, its black, blue, grey still have some tweaking to do but if anybody wants to try it...

http://userstyles.org/styles/24120
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	after_xda.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	267114  
Skyrocket Rom Thread

Skyrocket Radio Thread

if you like my work and wanna buy me a beer....you can do it HERE

cmzeunges
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Just wanted to say thanks... it's rad, and it's easy... like my dates used to be..

quicksite
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Location: PHONE HISTORY: HTC Glacier ... Desire ... Hero ... TmoWING ... TmoMDA
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokdesigns View Post
Good idea, I'd personally go with more subdued colors. I'd recommend http://kuler.adobe.com to find a complementary combination of blues.

Here's one I like:
Jeez, I can't believe I am only now seeing this for the first time today -- January 12, 2010 ! -- 7 months later. God, if only i'd known before. What a welcome sight!

khaytsus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1011
Looks like maybe I should be bumping this thread every so often! Glad people are enjoying it. I know I immediately install UserStyles and the Blue theme when I jump on a computer which doesn't have it, that Yellow just kills me.
AT&T LG G2 - 4.3, AOKP
Samsung Note i717 - 4.2.2, Unofficial AOKP
Nexus 7 Wifi 2012 - 4.4.2, Stock Rooted (m-kernel)
Try my Alternative XDA CSS Themes (including 2010!)

--
http://theblackmoor.net
http://unlimitedphoto.com

orb3000
Old
(Last edited by orb3000; 14th January 2010 at 07:10 PM.)
XDA News Writer / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3010
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by OndraSter View Post
How to get this working in Opera (hope nobody sent it yet):

Open the code in post #1, copy the all source code except the mozilla stuff (@namespace and @-moz-document)

Now, open eg notepad, put there all the text and save it as eg C:\xda.css
Now in Opera, open xda forums -> right click -> Edit local preferences -> Display (Graphics??) and there will be select for User CSS. Select the C:\xda.css -> click OK -> reload page and voila
Wow!!! blue looks nice
Thanks a lot!!!
I was waiting for this to use it on Opera!!
orb

HTC One Max - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognises that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

galaxys
Old
Thanks Meter 462
Always did like Blue!
LGNexus5 <LGNexus4sold <HTCSensationsold <HTCNexus1sold <HTCHermessold <LG5250sold <MotorolaStarTacvault.
The XDA Cheerleaders hope your devices are winners! Happy Flashing!

Galaxys Enterprises: Fashion is a Passion - Life in the Cardio Fast Lane - High Energy Techno Mix - Reach for the Universe!