Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 38,985 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

battery charging with JF ADP 1.5

Tip us?

bryon13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm running jf1.5 with the latest radio, and everything seems fine here. In fact, since the update, my battery life has almost doubled. I run my phone wide-open (gps, wifi, 100% brightness, 3g, probably 10-15 background apps) because I like to be able to utilize the full potential of my phone. Before 1.5, I had to carry a sewcond battery with me to make it through the day, but since the update, I haven't had to change the battery unless I spend a LOT of time surfing/gaming/etc. I don't pretend to know how my battery works, but I know that a lot of power-tools utilize battery "conditioning" to keep them in peak condition. They charge super fast for a quick-charge that will make the battery usable quickly, but then it slows down to prevent overheating (not good for batteries) and to prevent damage and shorter life-cycle. Is it possible that the cupcake devs worked some things like that into the build? (Not jf, or dude, or haykuro, but the cupcake devs) The #1 complaint abbout the g1 was battery life, so I would imagine they considered that while they were coding, and worked it into the system? I'm in favor of anything that makes my battery charge last longer w/out crippling my phone, and makes the battery itself last longer.

-b

foltz61
Old
Thanks Meter 19
My battery is draing quickly also with JF 1.5 and the newest radio. I have verything off and the backlight all the way down with light use and only got 5 hours today.

Tob3z
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I was using 5.02G with whatever radio 1.43 had and I am now using JF 1.5 with the newest radio and the battery life is much worse. I have everything turned off and it's lasting less than 24 hours without any use. I think it's the build rather than the radio so might try going back to 5.02G and seeing if I'm right.

Vision77
Old
Thanks Meter 19
With Hero my battery dies super fast when on calls, watching Youtube and using some of the widgets. I guess I will be getting an extended battery soon
GS2 Rooted/various roms/awaiting CM9 & MIUI
T-Mo G2X (rooted/MIUI)
T-Mo Vibrant (Given to the girlfriend)
Bionix 1.3.
NEXUS ONE (lost/stolen)
Black G1 (retired)

Unlocked iPhone 3G JB'd 3.1.2 (given to my lil cousin)
Htc Tytn(Retired)

Knowing is not enough, we must apply.
Willing is not enough, we must do. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thanks to all of the devs, modders, etc, who are willing to share their knowledge so that others may learn and apply it.

wootroot
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision77 View Post
With Hero my battery dies super fast when on calls, watching Youtube and using some of the widgets. I guess I will be getting an extended battery soon
thats what inspired me to get my 2200mah and my external 1700mah portable charget, 3900mah gets me through a days play on the g1 lol, but im still thinking of moving up to a 2600 mag giving me a total of 4300mah in power plus my oem 1150 as a spare, ill just add a peice of ruber to make it fit with the bigger back, *does math* 5450mah of battery power
Ban ALL the good roms!

cooledi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
anyone notice as well that, b4 cupcake 1.5, the max voltage @42xx mV

now maximum is only @415x mV

I guessed it has changed that way it does charging...
Tags
1.5, battery, charge, jf1.5