Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,536 Members 53,012 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SKN] Tsowen Taskbar Collection

Tip us?

tsowen
Old
(Last edited by tsowen; 12th May 2009 at 04:35 AM.)
Recognized Themer / Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
Default [SKN] Tsowen Taskbar Collection

Since I had so many request here is a one stop shop for all my work and taskbars for everyone. This is still under constructions and I will get all the files uploaded as soon as possible .
For those wishing to make a donation you can find the link in my signature. All donations are appreciated and goes towards software that I use to do all of this.

Still trying to get a few more files uploaded

tsowentaskbar

For a modified version of Carnero's Icons (thanks dai_shan for the files) please see attachment below tsowentaskbar.cab. This version I kept all the Darklord Notification Icons. You will have to install the sdkcert first, my cab and then nuePowerDriverCDMADiamond-100-v1.0-cab.cab updated 12/14/08

1. Combination of Darklord69 and Carnero's GSM Task Bar.
2. Contains Darklord69's Notification and Battery Icons.
3. Includes all the fixes found along the way.

tsowentaskbar 2

For those who want the CAB for the original task bar we download the file tsowentaskbar2.cab you will have to install the sdkcerts, my cab and then the nuePowerDriverCDMADiamond-100-v1.0-cab.cab If you just want the DLL's download the zip file called dll's.zip updated 12/14/08

1. This was the first set of icons that we worked on.
2. It has the updated HTCVolumeControl and all the other fixes we found along the way.
3. Original Notification Icons and does not include any of the Carnero's looking icons such as the Alarm Notification, Wi-FI and others (see Brock1909 and HTCLeener's post 4 & 5 for versions of this icon)

tsowentaskbar3V1.4 (latest version)

My last addition is a combination of the previous one with the new voicemail icon, bluetooth stero, sms and notify icon.
Cab can be found below. For just the dll files and bluetooth icons download the zip file New dll's. Updated 12/22/08

Contains all the icons shown in the picture.

Version History
1. tsowentaskbar3
- Added Darklord69 battery icon, added Wi-Fi icon set, added alarm notification icon, corrected registry entry for battery %
2. tsowentaskbar3v1.1
- Added multi-notification icon, bluetooth stero icon and new voicemail icon
3. tsowentaskbar3v1.2
- Added SMS Notification Icon
4. Contains all the Fixes along the way.
5. Added Active Sync Icons.
6. Added Windows Live Messanger Icon
7. Added MMS Icon
8. Added GPS Icon
9. Thanks to gtp at XDA corrected phcanOverbmp.dll with battery %
Attached Files
File Type: zip tsowentaskbar.zip - [Click for QR Code] (721.8 KB, 10107 views)
File Type: cab tsowentaskbar2.cab - [Click for QR Code] (957.6 KB, 8118 views)
File Type: zip tsowentaskbar3v1[1].4.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.20 MB, 12935 views)

to XDA

“The quieter you become, the more you can hear.”
The Following User Says Thank You to tsowen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tsowen
Old
(Last edited by tsowen; 11th May 2009 at 09:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
TASKBAR 4 (Modified Version of Crazylilboy's set with HawaiianPunchMan's Battery and some added icons from mysfelf)

Here is the cab for everyone with everything included as always follow these steps:
1. Install the sdkcerts
2. My cab
3. nuepowerdriver (CDMA Only)

Note: My intent is to take Crazylilboys and hawaiianpunchman's sets and make a kick butt set. Also as HTCLeener has said we all will add icons as needed for the missing ones so stay tuned.

With that being said, Enjoy and thanks to all for the efforts and files. Special thanks to Crazylilboys, Brock1909 and HTCLeener for the awsome icons!

Also all the dll's are signed and located on Crazylilboys dll's.zip for those who want just the files.

All should be working now correctly

**Updated added tsowentaskbar4v1.1 which has the vibrate speaker icon**
**Updated added tsowentaskbar4v1.2 which has the Black EV/1X icons**
**Updated added tsowentaskbar4v1.3 which has the stero headset bmp **
**Updated added tsowentaskbar4v1.4 which has HTCLeener Option 1 Signal bar, Blue Start Orb and Orange EV/1X icons**
** Updated added tsowentaskbar4v1.5 which has corrected Start Vista Orb and added new email notification **
**Updated tsowentaskbar4v1.6 Added Multi-notification icon, Wifi Off Icon, fixed speaker proportion **

© Copyright. Copyright in the pages, screens, text, files and images appearing in this thread is owned by originating owener(s) or others as indicated. The information and materials contained in the thread may not be distributed, licensed, modified, published, reposted, reproduced, reused, sold, transmitted, used to create a derivative work or otherwise used for public or commercial purposes without express written permission of the originating owner(s).
Attached Files
File Type: cab tsowentaskbar4v1.6.cab - [Click for QR Code] (1.27 MB, 7399 views)

to XDA

tsowen
Old
(Last edited by tsowen; 11th May 2009 at 09:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
TASKBAR 5 (Crazylilboy's Icon Set with horstborsch battery/active sync icons)

Version History:
In this change you will see the following changes:
1. Updated battery with clear font
2. Changed Alarm Notification
3. Rotating Active Sync Icons
3. Updated multi-notification
4. Updated Missed Calls
5. Updated In call icons
Attached Files
File Type: zip tsowentaskbar5v1.7.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.33 MB, 6681 views)

to XDA

tsowen
Old
(Last edited by tsowen; 13th May 2009 at 10:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
Taskbar 6v1

Thanks to:

MightyMike, 12aon, MysticGenius, HTCLeener, GadgetFreak, sunnyin86, Juggalo_X, Original Artist of some icons at DeviantArt.com and anyone else that I might have missed.

Okay so I wasn't ready to release but here you guys go, I will just have to update the version like before. Instructions are below:

1. Unistall any taskbar you have installed previously.
2. Install sdkcerts and soft reset (visit my thread for this file)
3. Install my taskbar and soft reset
4. Install nuepowerdriver and soft reset (once again visit my thread for this file.)

Now for those who just want the dll's and not the cab version I have created a zip folder with just those files in it so you have your choice.

This taskbar is VGA and is both GSM/CDMA, this bar is the most complete one to date as you can see below most every icon has been covered to include the LargeTitlteBar. For the QVGA gadgetfreak is working on a release and should release right behind me within a day or so. This release also has the Notificationmanager.dll which is for the new TP2 Manila that xboxmod and crew are working on at XDA so your icons will match with this as well.

Code:
Select Code
BT Discoverable.bmp
BT On Mode.bmp
BT Stereo Headset.bmp
CDMA_RSS_PPC.dll
GPS-icon.bmp
GPS-icon Mask.bmp
LargeTitleBar.dll
HTCVolumeControl.dll   -- New Version to match MightyMikes ROM
HTCLTB.png
HTCLTB_320x240.png
notify.dll.0409.mui
outres.192.dll
pchanOvermbmp.dll
PictureMailRes.dll
shellres.192.dll
Stereo Headset.bmp
tapres.192.dll
tshers.192.dll
VoiceCmdRes.dll
NotificationManager.dll
MMSRes480x640.Dll
htcStartMenuService.dll
WLMMessengerResources.192.dll
_setup.xml

tsowentaskbar6v2.1

Version Change:

1. Changed Out all Speaker icons
2. Changed out Battery for the same as in tsowentaskbar5
3. Corrected some icon images

Below is the cab and the dll's for taskbar6v2

tsowentaskbar6v2.1(lite)

This version is for those who have been getting denied access errors or other errors due to the new RHodium Manila basically if taskbar5 worked then this one will for now I have extracted all the LargeTitleBar files and other files that were causing problems. Below are the listed files included in this one. This is not an update just a "lite" version of the previous one until I get everything 100% perfect with the Rhodium Manila and other files. Next update I hope to have these problems fixed along with a new battery and other updates and corrections. If the full version works for you as it has for me then no need to do this version.

Code:
Select Code
BT Discoverable.bmp
BT On Mode.bmp
BT Stereo Headset.bmp
CDMA_RSS_PPC.dll
GPS-icon.bmp
GPS-icon Mask.bmp
notify.dll.0409.mui
outres.192.dll
pchanOvermbmp.dll
PictureMailRes.dll
shellres.192.dll
Stereo Headset.bmp
tapres.192.dll
tshers.192.dll
VoiceCmdRes.dll
_setup.xml

For the file to the lite version go here

*Fixes*
Click Here for the HTCVolumecontrol.dll fix for those who are not US/UK and after installing my cab have the Extra Large Font as seen in the picture below:

Just simply unzip and install the cab and soft reset.
Edit: This was made for tsowetaskbar6v2 if you need one with the original speakers PM and I will post it up.

**Files**

For those who want matching Ev/1x icons or different ones visit this link here
For those who need the rA icons visit this link here
For those who want the other icons in the picture below visit this link here

For now the files can be found here:

tsowentaskbar6v1.1
tsowentasbar6v2.1

© Copyright. Copyright in the pages, screens, text, files and images appearing in this thread is owned by originating owener(s) or others as indicated. The information and materials contained in the thread may not be distributed, licensed, modified, published, reposted, reproduced, reused, sold, transmitted, used to create a derivative work or otherwise used for public or commercial purposes without express written permission of the originating owner(s).
Attached Files
File Type: zip tsowentaskbar6v2.1(lite).zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.74 MB, 9528 views)

to XDA

The Following User Says Thank You to tsowen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tsowen
Old
(Last edited by tsowen; 13th May 2009 at 10:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
tsowentaskbar6v3

Thanks to Misfortune and his awsome Battery Icon's he has created for his Misfortune Taskbar v2
Here is a combination featuring taskbar 6 elite and his battery icons.

Code:
Select Code
BT Discoverable.bmp
BT On Mode.bmp
BT Stereo Headset.bmp
CDMA_RSS_PPC.dll
GPS-icon.bmp
GPS-icon Mask.bmp
LargeTitleBar.dll
HTCLTB.png
HTCLTB_320x240.png
notify.dll.0409.mui
outres.192.dll
pchanOvermbmp.dll
PictureMailRes.dll
shellres.192.dll
Stereo Headset.bmp
tapres.192.dll
tshers.192.dll
VoiceCmdRes.dll
NotificationManager.dll
MMSRes480x640.Dll
htcStartMenuService.dll
_setup.xml
For those who prefer the "lite" version I have made a cab as well that does not include any of the Rhodium Manila or the LargeTitleBar. This is for those who received the permission error or had trouble due to custom ROM with Rhodium Manila.
Code:
Select Code
BT Discoverable.bmp
BT On Mode.bmp
BT Stereo Headset.bmp
CDMA_RSS_PPC.dll
GPS-icon.bmp
GPS-icon Mask.bmp
notify.dll.0409.mui
outres.192.dll
pchanOvermbmp.dll
PictureMailRes.dll
shellres.192.dll
Stereo Headset.bmp
tapres.192.dll
tshers.192.dll
VoiceCmdRes.dll
_setup.xml
For now the files can be found here:

taskbar6v3.1

Attached Files
File Type: cab tsowentaskbar6v3.1(lite).cab - [Click for QR Code] (1.68 MB, 9465 views)

to XDA

tsowen
Old
(Last edited by tsowen; 12th May 2009 at 04:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
WM 6.5 Taskbar

Here is the rundown of the basic files:

- shellres.192.dll: Signal bars, sync icons, Wifi, 3g (G, Ev, 3G, H, E, 1x) syncing+receiving data icons, battery Icons

- tapres.192.dll: controls G, Ev, 3G, H, E, 1x

- HTCVolumecontrol.dll : Volume icons

- Outres.192.dll : Message icons

- Notify.dll.0409.mui : Alarm icon

- GPSAux.dll : QuickGPS Icon

- CDMA_RSS_PCC

- notify.dll.0409.mui: Alarm

- PictureMailRes.dll: Picture Mail

- tshers.192.dll: New Network Detected (WiFi)

- VoiceCmdRes.dll: Voice Command

- WLMMessengerResources.192.dll: Windows Messanger

For the Bluetooth Icon - There are two bmps that WM 6.5 uses to display the BT & headset icons on the Transparent home screen. One is the standard file, i.e. "BT On Mode.bmp", and the other is a background file, "BT On Mode Mask.bmp". The Mask file is the negative/transparent background of the regular file. The Mask files will need to be provided along with the other files in order for the BT top bar icons to display correctly on the standard transparent home screen. Otherwise, the system will use the previous (stock) Mask file, which cause the distorted image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback View Post
As an addendum to my previous find, I believe that a side effect of anyone using the stock WM6.5 dialer along with tsowen's of 12aon's taskbars will be that the Bluetooth icon will not display in the taskbar.

The reason for this is that each of their taskbars includes phcanOverbmp.dll, which seems to override the BT icon info in the shellres.192.dll. This dll looks for the BT icon bitmaps in the \Windows folder (both the icon, and the Mask background file), and in the absence of the Mask bitmap, on the standard home screen, no icon will be displayed.

I can confirm this because I tried deleting the "Mask" bitmap files prior to cooking my ROM, thinking that it would just use the regular bitmap files, but instead, I have no BT icon show up on the top bar.

If you are not using the HTC Dialer, I recommend following tsowen's suggestion regarding the battery icons. This may also correct the BT icon issue, since I don't think those bitmaps are part of the standard 6.5 install. Someone who is using the stock dialer will have to test it, though.

So maybe its a good idea to have 2 separate taskbar versions after all - one for people using the HTC dialer (including phcanOverbmp.dll), and one for those using the stock dialer (using phcanbattery.dll). Of course, we still have to work out all the kinks, yet. But progress is definitely being made .

Known differences with WM 6.5 - most everything now is controlled in the shellres.192.dll file such as battery, signal bars (GSM) and your GSM network icons 3G, E, H and G. WM 6.5 does not come with a phcanOverbmp.dll but will read it with the correct registry edits. Some taskbar developers are choosing to use it Since HTC used the the phcanOverbmp.dll to skin the pin dialer and add extra icons to the taskbar. You will need to place the following registry edits into your phone or if your a developer into your cab in order to have it read correctly:

Code:
Select Code
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\ResOver\Bitmaps]
"BaseDll"="phcanOverbmp.dll"
"BaseId"=dword:00000000
"BatteryIconIdStart"=dword:000003e9
"BatteryIconLevels"=dword:00000065

Work around for the battery images since WM 6.5 they are located in the shellres but only 11 icons are included so for those who wish not to use the phcanOverbmp.dll due to the dialer skin take the old phcanOverbmp.dll and delete all the bmp's and icons other than the battery images which should be 101 images starting with Icon Group 1001 now save the file as phcanBattery.dll make sure your registry is set as below:

Code:
Select Code
"BaseDll"="phcanBattery.dll"
"BaseId"=dword:00000000
"BatteryIconIdStart"=dword:000003e9 (Hex) or 1001 (Dec)
"BatteryIconLevels"=dword:00000065 (Hex) or 101 (Dec)

Make sure you double check and you deleted everything out of the .dll other than the battery images. Tried the above mentioned technique and it worked correctly.

For those having problems with the signal bar not showing please check the following in your registry

Code:
Select Code
"FuncDll"="CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll

© Copyright. Copyright in the pages, screens, text, files and images appearing in this thread is owned by originating owner(s) or others as indicated. The information and materials contained in the thread may not be distributed, licensed, modified, published, reposted, reproduced, reused, sold, transmitted, used to create a derivative work or otherwise used for public or commercial purposes without express written permission of the originating owner(s).
Attached Files
File Type: cab tsowentaskbar6 WM6.5 version.cab - [Click for QR Code] (1.17 MB, 11954 views)

to XDA

tsowen
Old
(Last edited by tsowen; 11th May 2009 at 09:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME
Reserved for future use

to XDA

denco7
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Will you and GadgetFreak be consolidating your Qvga collections somewhere in a Qvga forum also, I hope
Build:
Radio: Stock
Phone:HTC One X ; HTC Inspire(retired) ; AT$T Tilt( retired ) ; HTC Hermes(retired)

New HTC Support Forum for North American Devices.

JM33
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Is "tsowentaskbar3V1.4" only available for WM6.1, or is it available for WM6.5 also? I love this set, and hope I can run it on 6.5. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you or someone port it to 6.5?

And at least can someone tell me if it is possible to port it, as I will learn how to port it myself if no one else is up for it.

Thanks in advance!

Shival
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Woo-Hoo

Can not wait for the cabs and the long arduous process of figuring out how to install them lol.
Everything looks great so far even though I have no clue what the first page of post is talking about =]
HTC One XL (Nocturnal'd)