Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

TC Touch Pro W/ WM 6.5 mod hard resets at lock creen

OP irishpaul3

9th May 2009, 05:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I have a sprint HTC TP that i have modded with numerous different WM 6.5 ROM's. After the flash is complete i usually sync the phone with the exchange server at my office to get my contacts, email, etc. The exchange server forces me to use a simple password to lock my phone after 15 minutes so in the event its stolen after 10 failed attempts at entering the password it will wipe the phone. WM 6.5 automatically enables the slide lock so when my phone is off for a period of time it locks via the windows slide lock and the exchange simple lock. every few days when i turn on my phone i get a message that the device will be erased after the next unsuccessful logon attempt also the swipe lock button says slideslide and doesnt work. I have to perform a soft reset and when the phone boots back up it erases everything including my SD card. Any help would be appreciated. I have tried Juicy 7, db and a few others but i dont have their names. They all produce the same errors. Im trying not synching my exchange account to see if the simple password is the culprit. Any help would be appreciated.
9th May 2009, 07:23 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Flagstaff
Thanks Meter: 25

392 posts
Donate to Me
More
Talking
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=509544

I use this rom and it doesn't SLIDE lock when i turn the screen off... It goes right back to the home screen.... So it might help you.
Last edited by wasupwithuman; 9th May 2009 at 07:27 PM.
11th May 2009, 03:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Its funny you mention that ROM because thats the exact one im currently using and on my phone it does automatically use the slide lock.
11th May 2009, 10:34 PM   |  #4  
Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Flag At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Thanks Meter: 5,190

18,703 posts
More
The lock feature in WM6.5 has been an issue since the start. I have seen a few roms in BA and Fuze that work rather well with it (including with the exchange server), but I have seen a crap-load of reports from people with similar issues to yours. I don't know how far advanced the 6.5 development is for the Herman, but if I were you I would probably stick to Mighty 4 Reborn, Fallen 2.1, or some other 6.1 rom. Stay away from 6.5 if you must use the rom for heavy, work-related, daily use.
Also, take out the SD card before SR if you see that the phone is telling you that it will format your storage. Good luck!
14th May 2009, 02:48 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Thanks egzthunder1 i think thats what ill have to do.

JSYK i did some additional testing and the culprit appears to be active sync. I set up the lock using a simple password and had no problems. Then i added gmail account with lock and also had no problems. I connected to exchange server with direct push and the problem started re-occuring.
3rd June 2009, 10:30 PM   |  #6  

1 posts
same issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpaul3

I have a sprint HTC TP that i have modded with numerous different WM 6.5 ROM's. After the flash is complete i usually sync the phone with the exchange server at my office to get my contacts, email, etc. The exchange server forces me to use a simple password to lock my phone after 15 minutes so in the event its stolen after 10 failed attempts at entering the password it will wipe the phone. WM 6.5 automatically enables the slide lock so when my phone is off for a period of time it locks via the windows slide lock and the exchange simple lock. every few days when i turn on my phone i get a message that the device will be erased after the next unsuccessful logon attempt also the swipe lock button says slideslide and doesnt work. I have to perform a soft reset and when the phone boots back up it erases everything including my SD card. Any help would be appreciated. I have tried Juicy 7, db and a few others but i dont have their names. They all produce the same errors. Im trying not synching my exchange account to see if the simple password is the culprit. Any help would be appreciated.

I got exactly same issue you had. My phone is from Bell and had no problem with mighty 4.16 and original ROM. It just happen on Mighty 5 and doesn't matter which build. the latest one I tried was 21234.
Another thing I figured out was it happen on every Monday night around 8:00PM to 10:00PM. If anyone know how to fix or solution. that will be appreciated.
30th June 2009, 08:25 AM   |  #7  
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 3

44 posts
More
This happens very often
Hi,
this is phone independent issue,
I've already opened thread for it - till now no solution:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=515102

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags