[APP]htcAddicts - cleanRAM v2.5 (RAM Cleaner)
Welcome to a world without Soft Rest !!!
The Missing Piece of Windows Mobile!
Best Windows Mobile Freeware 2009
cleanRAM has been chosen as the winner of Best Windows Mobile Freeware Utility 2009, read more here.
In One Shot:
One solution when your PDA slows down is to reset (reboot) and the another is to use cleanRAM
- Release memory for Windows Mobile devices.
- Amazing utility which helps you to clean up the wasted RAM memory without having to restart the device and eventually saves a lot of time.
- cleanRAM is a very useful tool for Windows Mobile devices.
- cleanRAM lets you with a single click release part of the RAM on your PDA and accelerating in this way.
- cleanRAM is a memory reclaimer similar to Oxios but with advanced settings and actually works! great solution for the Windows Mobile memory leak problem.
- cleanRAM attempts to release as much memory as possible, cleanRAM will refresh your device memory (RAM).
- cleanRAM can save you a lot of SOFT RESET!
- GUI cleaning supported (tested on: TouchFLO3D, HTC Sense ,SPB Mobile Shell, Windows Mobile 6.5 today screen)
- There are 3 levels of cleaning + personally customized processes list.
- Define all cleanRAM behavior.
- GUI/Shell Selector
- Hibernate for old devices.
- Close all applications - force closing all applications.
- Launch startup programs after cleaning ended.
- Clear recent start menu items.
- And more...
- Multilanguage supported with option to add new language.
- Customized Processes List - custom level that help you to define the process(es) you wish to clean.
- Schedule - automatically clean up by schedule (time/date and more options...), get clean-up event at a specific time! extra settings:
- Notify you before cleanup starting.
- Wake up device before cleanup.
- Exceptions List - add to exceptions list: program(s) / process(es) and also you can select "startup shortcuts" that you want to skip/ignore.
- Backup / Restore - backup all your cleanRAM settings into INI file. You can also select and load default settings from recommended settings reservoir list.
- Update Service - update cleanRAM to latest version directly from the cleanRAM.
configuration (this feature using internet connection). also you can reinstall your last version.
* Click Here
to learn about Windows Mobile processes.
Important: Use cleanRAM at your own risk!!! NO WARRANTY!!!
Although running this application does not seem to make any damage, I take no responsibility for any kind of damage caused to the device or data due to this application.
1. Download the latest attached ZIP file from htcAddicts
website or from this post (click on "Download" button).
2. Extract the ZIP file into some temporary folder on your PC.
3. Copy the "cleanRAM.cab" file (from the ZIP file) into some temporary folder on your device (use ActiveSync).
4. Execute "cleanRAM.cab" from your device (use file explorer), recommend you install cleanRAM to device memory.
- .cab is the zipped file along with the Readme and License text files.
- After installation completed you find two links created, one called: "cleanRAM Config" (configuration tool) in the "Start Menu -> Programs" and the second called: "cleanRAM" (is the actual memory reclaimer) in the "Start Menu".
- cleanRAM will be installed into /Program files/htcAddicts folder.
1. Run cleanRAM Configuration.
2. Menu -> Schedule.
3. Uncheck the Enabled button (if checked).
5. "Start" -> "Settings" -> "System" -> "Remove Programs".
6. Select and Uninstall "htcAddicts cleanRAM".
The Settings Screen with Geneal, Advanced, GUI/Shell and Language Tabs
- I want more RAM cleaning, what can I do?
- You can give more power for RAM cleaning by settings: "Close All Applications" + "Launch Startup Programs" (this option is for advanced users).
- You need to define your device's GUI. Menu -> "Settings" -> "GUI" (see "Backup / Restore & GUI support" section).
- Do you need more speed? To get higher cleaning speed you will need unchecked (disabled) the settings: "Show RAM Status Notification" (quiet mode).
- your device crashes or getting stuck after clean-up is done? This issue happens because when cleanRAM trying to clean some share applications from device's memory them stuck your device. You can avoid this by using "Exceptions List" feature (note that, you can also use exceptions.ini file to add exceptions). For more information, read post #622.
- You have issues with the scheduler feature (like error #139)? Check maybe you have a wrong date/time format (under regional settings), please read post #663.
- How to load settings (from "Backup / Restore" feature)? Follow these instructions from post #798.
- What are the best & recommended settings for HTC HD2 (HTC Sense)? Post #724.
- Where can I learn more? For more informations and introductions please read the manual on this post. After cleanRAM installed for the first time on your device you will get the default settings (like safe mode settings), it's good but for some users is not good enough, it will work only on 60% of cleanRAM power. if you want to learn how to make cleanRAM more effective and more powerfully (like the features: "Close All Applications", "Launch Startup Programs" and "Exceptions List") you will need to read the manual and please before asking question, make a quick search on this thread.
Windows Mobile Pocket PC 5.0+
* cleanRAM doesn't support non-touch screen devices (for example: HTC Snap
, HTC Dash
If you find this tool useful, please donate. thanks
Huge thanks to these of you who have already donated!
cleanRAM - No More Soft Reset!