Newbies questions here please!

Search This thread

stormlv

Feb 22, 2009
Geneva
For noobs : Before posting a question, read this thread then if you're still in the dark ask here!

Please don't start a new thread unless you haven't found a satisfying answer here.

Welcome, and enjoy!

Last edited:

stormlv

Feb 22, 2009
Geneva
Maybe I should post a warez link to get the mod's attention?
COMMON people...we have 3 stickys with TouchFLO and one that hasn't been posted on since January.
Can't we please have one for noobs?

Last edited:

Killbillprime

Apr 1, 2005
Birmingham
COMMON people...we have 3 stickys with TouchFLO and one that hasn't been posted on since January.

hey i think the mods have been replaced by clones from the iphone lab and are slowly planning on taking over the forum - then the world!!!!!!!
WILL ANYONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!

(does that qualify for a noob post?)

agree should be a thread where any noobs can ask nooby questions without some people on here biting there heads of and scaring them away from this forum.. All of us had to start somewhere. Lets welcome in the noobs rather then send them the other way, hopefully if we can teach them how to resolve there problems they may even help others.....

Killbillprime

Apr 1, 2005
Birmingham
agree

hey i think the mods have been replaced by clones from the iphone lab and are slowly planning on taking over the forum - then the world!!!!!!!
WILL ANYONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!

(does that qualify for a noob post?)

agree should be a thread where any noobs can ask nooby questions without some people on here biting there heads of and scaring them away from this forum.. All of us had to start somewhere. Lets welcome in the noobs rather then send them the other way, hopefully if we can teach them how to resolve there problems they may even help others.....

"POWER TO THE N00B!!!!!"

Killbillprime

Apr 1, 2005
Birmingham
dilbert

any of you guys read/look at dilbert clips?

Attachments

• 44412_strip.JPG
    44412_strip.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:

stormlv

Feb 22, 2009
Geneva
Lol guys..this is degenerating... :) Let's keep this just for the questions or we'll have the mods on our asses.
OH WAIT!?!?! THE MODS WERE KIDNAPPED BY ALIENS! :eek:

Lazerben

Feb 21, 2009
This is actually a really good idea but...

If you want to get a thread stickied (sic) then you really need to have some usefull information in the top post and reserve some below. This way you can maintain it to bring the good stuff to the top as it is added.

A 100 post long thread with maybe 5 bits of usefull information dotted through it really isn't helpfull. Forum search feature or not.

stormlv

Feb 22, 2009
Geneva
Yea...I might have left a few empty post... :(
I just thought that a thread like this just for questions wouldn't need that...It's not like you're gonna have all the questions on the first page or smth... It things would have gone well... it could have A LOT of questions...

DeeChan

Apr 19, 2005
Kathmandu
Oh for the spark's sake, I'll start.

Not a single HD video plays on my Xperia, well Coreplayer does but its so choppy and insane. Even after converting with the Touch HD video converter software, WMP says "The source filter for this file could not be loaded."
Then I found this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=365381
Still nothing!
What's the deal?!

ring-bearer

Feb 1, 2009
This is actually a really good idea but...

If you want to get a thread stickied (sic) then you really need to have some usefull information in the top post and reserve some below. This way you can maintain it to bring the good stuff to the top as it is added.

A 100 post long thread with maybe 5 bits of usefull information dotted through it really isn't helpfull. Forum search feature or not.

Not the right criticism. It seems the point of this thread is not to be an encyclopedia of newbie answers (plenty of resources for that, especially mapledouglas' great web site), but rather a place where any newbie can ask a question that's been asked 100 times elsewhere, and find some generous soul to answer it. So newbie's shouldn't have to read through all the posts, just go to the end and ask the question that's nagging them!

boncukmaya

Nov 4, 2006
Hi. İ cant find any solution to unlock
the SonyEricsson Xperia. Mine Enlisch
is not wery well, maby thats the problem. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yes, idk nothing and hope you guys can help me to get that icon back D:
    without any actual detail on the rom you use (stock, custom, which flavor,..?) I can just mention a general option:
    open Advanced Config and check your Today settings, there you can choose what to show on the title bar (battery or clock) and whether to show the power icon on the try bar or not
    hope that helps
    Best, DK
    well, to flash a custom rom you need h-spl, check in the reference thread, also for tutorials and other important stuff
    about which rom to flash: check the rom threads, check content, decide on one and give it a try
    there is a incomplete comparison thread in dev that might help you and in case you are really undecided (or bored :rolleyes:) search for "best rom" or similar keywords, there are a lot of like threads out there, but that in the end you will have to decide it :)
    never tried android myself, so can't help you there with personal experience
    enjoy :)
    Thanks DK, much obligated.

Alright, I'm going to hardspl soonestly. I need to backup/move my sms messages to sd card and transfer those sms messages to my pc. As for that I have two question to ask.

1. Is there any possibilities ActiveSync can do with this to move those file or any other way?
    2. I got myself some sms tools/apps downloaded earlier. But having troubled on how to install/where to put file (after extraction) where there is no executable file avaialable.
    3. If i'm done with hardspl, is my device works? I mean can be use since I am still deciding what ROM i shall flash into my device.

p/s: seriously guys, my internet connection a bit sucky tonite and didn't mean to ignore that goddamn search button :p

Thanks in advance.

DL
    yeah, #3 is no problem, flashing h-spl is just enabling you to do something you otherwise cannot dot, namely reflashing your rom, otherwise it does not interfere, hm ok, SEUS won't work, but that should be it :)
    Best, DK
    Hello, reading this forum for a solution since yesterday 1am...
    I was trying to flash my X1 with a updated rom.
    Things i already tried:

- Flash directly via SD-Card (File named kovsimg.nbh)
    - Flash via RUU-Tool
    - Flash SPL via RUU-Tool

With Tool i always get Error 260 or 262. I tried resetting Device, rebooting Device, rebooting Computer, another Computer.

Information displayed by X1 in Boot Mode:

KOVS110
    SPL-0.72.0000
    MicroP1-787
    MicroP2-707

and at the bottom Connection Info...Serial or USB.

Did i forget to do something or do something wrong?

here is a video tutorial flashing a custom ROM using your SD card. you seem to have done the right steps. however i highly doubt you installed your hard SPL. before flashing a custom ROM you HAVE TO INSTAL HARD SPL.

go through these step by step videos. they should help you

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=497511
    Hello again.

Thanks for the help

I still have one problem concerning my X1i. In the guides the mention a hard reset is performed by pressing both Silver Screen buttons and the power button but my device doesn't react to this

hold down the left and right hard buttons and keep holding them down. press and release the power button, while still holding the left and right buttons. do not release the two silver buttons until a message pops up on your screen. it should happen in under 5 seconds from pressing and releasing the power button.

another option would be to hold down those 2 hard keys, and insert the stylus into the soft reset hold. that should definitely prompt a hard reset of ur phone. if you have doubts for this method, check the image i have attached.

EDIT 1-another alternate method if the two above fail
    Step by step
    1. switch off your phone.
    2. enter in bootloader by press and hold volume down key then press and hold power on button keep holding both untill four colour bootloader screen shows up. (release power on and volume down)
    3. press and hold both left and right silver keys at front while holding them press and hold hardreset button located under battery cover untill white screen with warning shows up.
    4. open keyboard and press "R"
    5. Follow instruction on screen.

EDIT 2: IF THOSE METHODS DONT WORK, IM QUITE SURE YOU WOULD FIND A SOLUTION IN THIS THREAD
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=437607