Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,731 Members 41,189 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App]Cinemo(0.9.5) - Movie Showtimes for VGA Phones with CF3.5

Tip us?

danielgary
Old
(Last edited by danielgary; 20th May 2009 at 09:29 PM.) Reason: Adding information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [App]Cinemo(0.9.5) - Movie Showtimes for VGA Phones with CF3.5

Cinemo is an application for finding movie showtimes and information for your area(USA and Canada only, as far as I know). You can use either your postal code or GPS to find your location.

v0.9.5
Changes
Code:
Select Code
Fixed a potential issue with automatic updates.
Allow GPS to determine location.
Screenshots:

I have just released a new version of Cinemo. From now on Cinemo will be hosted here: http://www.danielgary.net/cinemo/

The new version is really just an interim release that enables image caching for the movie posters and allows automatic updates to Cinemo. A message box will pop up to notify you when the new version is being installed.

Direct link to download: http://www.danielgary.net/cinemo/CinemoSetup.cab

P.S. I know the site is ugly. I threw something up there just to host the file for now. I will get something pretty later.

PPS
Mods could you please delete the previous thread found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=497225

kart_racer3
Old
(Last edited by kart_racer3; 20th May 2009 at 03:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
When I attempted to install this to my memory card the installation would fail; however, the installation to device memory was successful. Can this only be installed to device memory?

Edit: Maybe for a future update you could query the "total $ gross" for each film on the list? Might be a cool addition.

outphase
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Works well. One suggestion is to have a list of theaters that are within some range of your zip code. Many people go to neighboring zips to go to their preferred theaters.

I will be keeping an eye on this as it would be more convenient than loading up Fandango every time.
iPhone 4
B&N Nook Color (Rooted 1.1 - AN3)

beefcakeb0
Old
Thanks Meter 4
im unable to dowload via my ppc.... it just snow a bunch of code and at ppcgeeks the attatchment isnot valid

Coucher
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I get a "No movie times were found for your area." dialog box regardless of the zipcode I enter.

Running on a Sprint Touch Pro, WM 6.1, stock Sprint ROM.

danielgary
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I get a "No movie times were found for your area." dialog box regardless of the zipcode I enter.

Running on a Sprint Touch Pro, WM 6.1, stock Sprint ROM.
I would imagine that you do not have a data connection open or available. Can you hit the internet with your phone? Try disconnecting it from the computer if the USB cable is connected.

Quote:
im unable to dowload via my ppc.... it just snow a bunch of code and at ppcgeeks the attatchment isnot valid
Direct link: http://www.danielgary.net/cinemo/CinemoSetup.cab

p51d007
Old
Thanks Meter 148
GPS part works great! Nice update!
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State,
the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment, protects the 1st.

Huawei Ascend Mate2
ROM: 4.3

Coucher
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielgary View Post
I would imagine that you do not have a data connection open or available. Can you hit the internet with your phone? Try disconnecting it from the computer if the USB cable is connected.
I was able to hit the internet and use other data connection apps fine. I did have it connected to the PC. Disconnected, no change. Cinemo wouldn't work, other apps would.

Did a soft reset, everything works fine. I guess there must have been something that didn't take or load completely until after the soft reset.

Great app, thanks for the work!

zenithcoolest
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Nice App. Since I dont have data plan I guess I will have to check it when I am near a Wifi

showaco
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by p51d007 View Post
GPS part works great! Nice update!
+1 for the gps, works like a charm! I use flixter on my ipod touch, and this works just as well for locating movies and since both are very similiar in UI, its really nice to have the familiarity from one device to the other.
PHONE HOME