Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

[App]Cinemo(0.9.5) - Movie Showtimes for VGA Phones with CF3.5

OP danielgary

19th May 2009, 04:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Cinemo is an application for finding movie showtimes and information for your area(USA and Canada only, as far as I know). You can use either your postal code or GPS to find your location.

v0.9.5
Changes
Code:
Fixed a potential issue with automatic updates.
Allow GPS to determine location.
Screenshots:

I have just released a new version of Cinemo. From now on Cinemo will be hosted here: http://www.danielgary.net/cinemo/

The new version is really just an interim release that enables image caching for the movie posters and allows automatic updates to Cinemo. A message box will pop up to notify you when the new version is being installed.

Direct link to download: http://www.danielgary.net/cinemo/CinemoSetup.cab

P.S. I know the site is ugly. I threw something up there just to host the file for now. I will get something pretty later.

PPS
Mods could you please delete the previous thread found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=497225
Last edited by danielgary; 20th May 2009 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Adding information
20th May 2009, 03:32 AM   |  #2  

38 posts
When I attempted to install this to my memory card the installation would fail; however, the installation to device memory was successful. Can this only be installed to device memory?

Edit: Maybe for a future update you could query the "total $ gross" for each film on the list? Might be a cool addition.
Last edited by kart_racer3; 20th May 2009 at 03:35 AM.
20th May 2009, 07:51 AM   |  #3  

363 posts
Works well. One suggestion is to have a list of theaters that are within some range of your zip code. Many people go to neighboring zips to go to their preferred theaters.

I will be keeping an eye on this as it would be more convenient than loading up Fandango every time.
20th May 2009, 07:23 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bristol, Tn
Thanks Meter: 4

57 posts
More
im unable to dowload via my ppc.... it just snow a bunch of code and at ppcgeeks the attatchment isnot valid
20th May 2009, 08:02 PM   |  #5  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 5

186 posts
More
I get a "No movie times were found for your area." dialog box regardless of the zipcode I enter.

Running on a Sprint Touch Pro, WM 6.1, stock Sprint ROM.
20th May 2009, 09:27 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Quote:

I get a "No movie times were found for your area." dialog box regardless of the zipcode I enter.

Running on a Sprint Touch Pro, WM 6.1, stock Sprint ROM.

I would imagine that you do not have a data connection open or available. Can you hit the internet with your phone? Try disconnecting it from the computer if the USB cable is connected.

Quote:

im unable to dowload via my ppc.... it just snow a bunch of code and at ppcgeeks the attatchment isnot valid

Direct link: http://www.danielgary.net/cinemo/CinemoSetup.cab
20th May 2009, 09:35 PM   |  #7  
Flag Springfield, Mo
Thanks Meter: 173

1,441 posts
More
GPS part works great! Nice update!
20th May 2009, 10:59 PM   |  #8  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 5

186 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielgary

I would imagine that you do not have a data connection open or available. Can you hit the internet with your phone? Try disconnecting it from the computer if the USB cable is connected.

I was able to hit the internet and use other data connection apps fine. I did have it connected to the PC. Disconnected, no change. Cinemo wouldn't work, other apps would.

Did a soft reset, everything works fine. I guess there must have been something that didn't take or load completely until after the soft reset.

Great app, thanks for the work!
20th May 2009, 11:04 PM   |  #9  

72 posts
More
Nice App. Since I dont have data plan I guess I will have to check it when I am near a Wifi
21st May 2009, 12:14 AM   |  #10  
Flag Waco, TX
Thanks Meter: 2

1,771 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p51d007

GPS part works great! Nice update!

+1 for the gps, works like a charm! I use flixter on my ipod touch, and this works just as well for locating movies and since both are very similiar in UI, its really nice to have the familiarity from one device to the other.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread