MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Sipdroid 1.0.4 Primer [updated 2009-08-15]

OP jashsu

11th November 2009, 05:01 PM   |  #131  
Thanks Meter: 1

187 posts
Just FYI. I've got sipdroid and have my phone registered to the Cisco Callmanager where I work. I can dial extensions and dial offnet, but I can't dial my phone from any phones at work and I have one-way audio issues. People that I call can hear me, but I can't hear them. I'm still tinkering with it.

I had to create a user with the DN that I'm using for the username similar to many of the other sites. In Callmanager, you can configure a "Basic SIP Device" and assign a number to that device.

Just thought some folks might be interested.
11th November 2009, 05:24 PM   |  #132  

187 posts
I've figured out the problem, but I'm not sure how to fix it (I think it's in sipdroid).

When my phone registers with callmanager, the registered address shows as 127.0.0.1 (yeah, that's bad). I just installed and setup X-lite on my PC as a test using the same config in Callmanager and it came up and showed my PCs actual address. So it seems as if sipdroid (or possibly the G1s tcp/ip stack) is not sending the IP address to the CCM (I assume it's supposed to be in a field in the packet someplace besides the "source address" field in the header).
11th November 2009, 08:18 PM   |  #133  

187 posts
OK, apparently this is a know issue with sipdroid.

http://code.google.com/p/sipdroid/issues/detail?id=9

In that link there is a java file that's supposed to be a band-aid type fix. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to use the java file. I assume that I'd have to repackage the APK file.
27th November 2009, 03:58 PM   |  #134  
Thanks Meter: 0

117 posts
I've got a problem with sipdroid. It is working fine, the only problem is, if I call somebody with sipdroid I hear the ringbacktone out of the loudspeaker.
I have connected sipdroid directly with webcalldirect. My device is a Motorola Milestone(Droid).

Thanks for your help.
27th November 2009, 06:32 PM   |  #135  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

1,853 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanello123

I've got a problem with sipdroid. It is working fine, the only problem is, if I call somebody with sipdroid I hear the ringbacktone out of the loudspeaker.
I have connected sipdroid directly with webcalldirect. My device is a Motorola Milestone(Droid).

Thanks for your help.

I suggest you post an issue at the project issue tracker:
http://code.google.com/p/sipdroid/issues/list#

Also check out the discussion group:
http://groups.google.com/group/sipdroid-users
17th December 2009, 06:56 PM   |  #136  
Flag A place with no mountains
Thanks Meter: 20

246 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitozway57

EDIT - Got it working perfect now. Will type up a better tutorial.

Here's my tutorial:
http://davestechshop.net/VoIP-on-Mot...ice-Free-Calls

Everything works well except using a headset with Sipdroid -- that has some minor issues I'm still trying to figure out... otherwise, it works great.
17th December 2009, 07:01 PM   |  #137  
Flag A place with no mountains
Thanks Meter: 20

246 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tornamac04

i have made a step by step instruction manual for setting this up with pbxes and without. How to make video calls and how to call IM clients

Cool. Nice tutorial. The formatting is a little off when viewed with Open Office, but I could still read it.

Have you tried using a headset or earbuds+mic with Sipdroid? That's the only problem I'm having.
4th February 2010, 07:38 PM   |  #138  

15 posts
Outgoing Caller ID?
I've search long and hard for an answer, and haven't been able to find it yet online... I am using Sipdroid with pbxes.org and sip provider smsdiscount... It works well except for a huge delay.

What I want to know is - how can pass through my regular carrier phone number (or even my Google Voice number, which forwards to my regular phone number) to the receiving PSTN phone? Is this possible? Is this controlled by sipdroid, or pbxes, or the SIP provider?
26th February 2010, 09:05 AM   |  #139  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by defconoi

Killer app, im currently using Google Voice with Gizmo5 and I am able to place/receive calls for free with Google Voice/Gizmo, I just send all my calls to my Gizmo5 sip Number, set sipdroid to login to gizmo5 at serverroxy01.sipphone.com, then login with my gizmo username and password

I then head over to google.com/voice and place a call to my gizmo acct and free nationwide calling

Do you have Gizmo5 for Mobile installed on you cellular? Where can I download it from?
26th February 2010, 09:33 AM   |  #140  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

1,853 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwu01

Do you have Gizmo5 for Mobile installed on you cellular? Where can I download it from?

There is no "Gizmo5 for mobile". There used to be an apk called GUAVA, but it was really just a copy of Sipdroid slightly customized for Gizmo5. You can perform all the same functions with Sipdroid, and since GUAVA has not been updated in a long long time, the advice is to go with Sipdroid. Please read my updated guide here.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread