Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,914 Members 45,145 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How I can do to dump NBH format HTC official sapphire rom?

Tip us?

liang
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How I can do to dump NBH format HTC official sapphire rom?

Anyone have a idea?

Joost39
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by liang View Post
Anyone have a idea?
Would it be possible to root it and then do a Nandroid backup and give us the data, boot, system.img
Nokia Lumia 630 dualsim & Omate Truesmart 4GB+32GB

cmf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Please somebody help this person! I am so desperate to have HTC original rom.

cmf
Old
(Last edited by cmf; 30th May 2009 at 11:42 PM.) Reason: clarity
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Anyone have a idea?
Hello Liang.

I can tell you how to make Nandroid backup of your Magic/Sapphire. I am not sure what NBH backup means so maybe it's not what you want, but it is definitely what we want. Please could you do the Nandroid backup for us? We have a cut-down HTC Magic here in England, with no Exchange ActiveSync and we really want the full HTC Asia version of the software.

This will not modify your phone or software in any way. It will just do a one-time boot with the special nandroid recovery menu where a backup can be done. Afterwards everything is back to normal.

Here's how to do a Nandroid backup:

Firstly, download fastboot.exe, or if you are on Linux, just fastboot. You can get fastboot from HTC's website, here's the link:
http://www.htc.com/www/support/android/adp.html#s2

Save fastboot.exe in just c:\ (the root/beginning of your C: disk).

You need to make sure the USB drivers for the HTC Magic are installed on your computer.

Then you need to download this file, unzip it, and save it to your phone's sdcard:
http://www.droiddeveloper.com/hrbuil...ry-new.img.zip
You must unzip the file, so that you have "recovery-new.img" on the SDCard.

Then, please turn off your HTC Magic, and hold down the Back button (arrow button next to the Search button), whilst turning the phone on.

This will enter Fastboot mode, and the phone should show "SAPPHIRE xxxxx FASTBOOT USB" and some other information.

From your computer, go to a command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd [enter]), or just Start -> cmd [enter] if on vista.

Type: cd \ (that's CD, space, backslash) then [enter]. This changes your working directory to the root of the c: drive, where we have saved fastboot.exe.

Then type "fastboot devices" and make sure that fastboot on the computer can see your phone. Hopefully it will return a model or serial number of the HTC handset.

If so, please type "fastboot boot recovery-new.img".

This will start your phone up with the modified recovery image, which has Nandroid backup built into it. You should now see the recovery screen on the phone, with some menu options, including "Nandroid Backup".

Please choose to do a Nandroid backup from the menu on the phone. This will create a folder on the phone's sd-card called Nandroid, with some other folders inside, with backups of the system.

You can then choose restart from the Recovery screen and everything will be back to normal.

Please can you do this and send us the files? From your perspective it would be better if you wiped the phone (Factory reset on the phone, Under Settings -> SD card & phone storage -> Factory data reset) before doing this because we don't want your data. Or you could just do it, zip up the files and contact me and I will take your files, restore here, wipe data, then re-zip the files, so nobody will have your information. If you are not happy with that, you could just send us all the files except data.img. I'm sure that would be OK.

I can create a private FTP server for you to upload to if you want, or you can use rapidshare or similar.

My email is : carl @ css-networks.com , or you can send me a message on this forum.
--
Carl

wassss
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy please do it

Quote:
Anyone have a idea?
please Liang , you can do it

do a Nandroid backup and give us the data, boot, system.img

Joost39
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Yes please Liang - you are the last option to get the real deal :)
Nokia Lumia 630 dualsim & Omate Truesmart 4GB+32GB

w3rw01f
Old
Thanks Meter 3
yea, would be nice to have a dump of asian magic
Xperia Active (ST17i)
ROM: hybrom by boof

wassss
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Liang, anything ?
you're the unique person in the world who has this opportunity.

all people's waiting for you, you will become a big star !!!

YES YOU CAN

MontAlbert
Old
Thanks Meter 153
if he doesn't do it be patient.... if possible.... it is being release in most places in a couple of weeks at worst (Australia getting it on June 15- we are getting HTC version thru 3 and Voda version thru voda...).....I will have a crack at it as soon as i have it- i want it rooted straight away but would prefer to still have aussie/Asian version....
T-mobile G1- Sold
HTC Magic 32A- Sold
Nexus One- Sold
T-mobile HD2- Sold
HTC Inspire 4G- Backup phone
HTC Sensation- Sold due to HTC giving dev's the middle finger and dodgy build quality
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Sold due to crappy camera
LG Nexus 4 Given to the Missus
LG Nexus 5 Backup phone

OnePlus One Gotta love it- if only everyone could get one
follow me on Twitter

Marko_1611
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Any news Liang

Liang just wondering if you have managed to backup the rom

having a good exchange client is whats letting this device down right now