User maintained FAQ post
How to install a ROM on diamond ?
• WARNING : flashing can brick your phone and you'll loose your device guarantee !!!
If these consequences are too important for you then don't flash your rom !!!
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!
• Check your diamond version = GSM or CDMA ?
This thread is dedicated to GSM diamond !!! Never install GSM rom onto CDMA device and vice versa!!!
• Read Tutorial made by tnyynt HERE
What is mtty ?
• mtty is a PC app which is useful to prepare your device for flash (but not only)
• read MysticGenius
What's the difference between soft reset & hard reset ?
• soft reset
= safe operation, just reboot your device (switch device off-on by using power button or specific app as XDAshutdown
• hard reset
= CAUTION! This will erase all the data and your device will be reset to factory settings : make a backup of your important data before !!!
• How to Hard Reset your Diamond with hard keys :
1. Press and Hold the VOL. DOWN
+ ENTER (central key)
buttons, then press RESET
at the back with the stylus tip till message appears.
here you have 2 options :
2a. To HARD RESET (format internal memory only)
= Press the VOL. UP
, or press any other button to cancel.
2b. To HARD RESET + format internal storage
= Press the VOL. DOWN
, or press any other button to cancel.
• How to Hard Reset your Diamond with wipe device app :
1. go to start>settings>system>wipe device
2. in old version you'll have to select the option of your choice : erase internal memory only
or erase internal storage only
or erase both
In last version you can only erase internal memory (you can't erase internal storage)
3. type "1234' sequence and click yes
What's the difference between internal memory & internal storage ?
• internal memory
= main memory of your device (dynamic memory shared between storage, program and PP), this kind of memory is faster than NAND but space is very limited on Diamond
• internal storage
= 4Gb NAND for storage only (low speed but large space), also called SD card on other devices but this one is non removable
I flashed my rom but my diamond is stuck at boot &/or soft reset itself continuously ?!
• Either you flashed a rom not designed for your device or you flash with wrong HardSPL
• go to serial USB mode
then try mtty method
What is Serial USB mode ?
• Also called Bootloader mode
, this mode allow you to connect your device to your computer in order to use mtty or to flash.
• Hold vol.down key
(don't release it till you see rainbow screen!!!) then with your stylus press reset button
. When you see rainbow screen with "serial USB" message then release vol.down key & plug your phone to your computer.
What RADIO should I use ?
• There is no better Radio than another cause It depends on your device usage (phone/GPS) & location : battery drain and Joule effect (heat loosened by battery/processor...) will be different.
• The best is to make your own opinion by testing by yourself : check sblop
• Good Diamond radios : 1.08.25.08, 1.09.25.23, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 1.17.25.09
Battery drains too fast, what can I do ?
• With normal usage (a few calls/texts, check mails) battery should last a day or two
• deactivate 3G & set GSM instead
• Backlight (the more you increase luminosity the more you decrease battery life) is set to max by default so set it to autoBacklight
• activate power management with DiamondTweak
• avoid battery eater like WiFi/BlueTooth/GPS/Games/Video
• check apps running into background : disable push internet & other functions that require data connection like weather...
• try a different RADIO (it depends on your usage/carrier/location)
• recalibrate the battery
• if nothing helps you then consider buying a 1350mAh power battery (900mAh by default)
How to recalibrate the battery ?
1. Discharge the battery completely
2. Remove the battery & let it rest 1H at least
3. Re-install the battery & charge your diamond (but keep power off) till the led stop blinking
4. Remove the battery & let it rest 1H at least
5. Re-install the battery & turn power on
My memory usage is very high !?
• use Tachi Disabler to remove HTC dialer & use WM dialer instead : you'll free ~5Mo
• Pay attention to the skins you install afterward : some are not compressed and can eat a lot of memory
• use htcAddicts CleanRAM
to clean & free memory
• reduce PagePool to 8Mo
• enable compact start menu
menu to free ram ~20Mb
What is PagePool (PP) ?
• PP is a cache partition which allow the device to speed up when a function has been already called into mem : the other side of the coin is that PP is taken directly from RAM. So you'll have to find the optimum balance between speed/ram
• 8 - 12 Mo is a good range for diamond
• Read shaks1979 thread HERE
for more info
I don't see Opera and GoogleMaps ?!
• only InternetExplorer is available because Opera
can be installed on internal storage (you can choose destination drive only when you install cab by yourself) to save internal memory
How to install a cab ?
• copy the cab to your device either by activeSync or by DiskDrive mode. Use your file explorer to click on cab then installation will start.
• XDA_UC is a smart way too
What is XDA_UC ?
• Read THIS
I can't sync my phone !?
• Did you install Microsoft ActiveSync/WM device center ?
• It also might be due to your firewall/anti-virus (allow activsync into firewall setup).
• You can either uncheck enable faster data synchronization
under ActiveSync option into start>settings>connection>USBtoPC
• if you've just flashed your device or made Hard reset then you'll have to create a new partnership with your computer
I don't see 3G anymore into taskbar !?
• Run connection setup wizard (settings>connections
) to configure your network connections
• different bands available :
GSM = GPRS/EDGE = 2G/2,5G = G/E
WCDMA = 3G/3G+
HSDPA/HSUPA = 3G+ = H
• when you force radio to WCDMA you should have 3G/H logo into taskbar but it drains battery a lot and be careful of your gonades
• set GSM
when you don't use data
• switch to auto
when you wanna use data
• It also depends on your operator network in a particular place (city/metro/mountain...)
How to tweak Sense2.5 ?
• Co0kie Home Tab
: Read Co0kieMonster's thread
I can't unzip the archive : archive corrupted !?
• you need the last 7zip
because of new LZMA2 compression