CommunityRelease: Site Updated. It's getting more social :).
Developers: Please read this!
Host your ROMs, Themes and everything else
No more searching for free hosting space to place your ROMs with limited download speeds and 60 second waiting periods for downloaders.
We have been hard at work creating better tools for you developers to manage your releases on Community Release.
Along with the new site release we just made, you now have the following features:
- Browser based File Manager and/or FTP Access to your Files.
- Dedicated Forum area with Full moderation rights.
- Full release access to the Community Release Database.
A FREE central repository for the Android Community with FREE, Unlimited bandwidth File Hosting.
We are constantly working on the site and some of the functionality we are developing is:
- Each developer NOW HAS their own section in our forums where you can post all the info about your ROMs.
- You will also have ROM upload space (no more searching for free accounts) and your ROM files will be tied to the database so people can download them directly and not have to switch between the ROM database and XDA or whatever else.
- You will have full access to anything related to your ROMs so you can keep the info up to date.
- We will provide any RSS / XML streams for other people to use for almost anything. So if you want to write a single ROM update program for the Android Phones, you can write the app and take the latest info directly from the ROM database. This will mean that the data will always be the latest info from a common location as long as we can get your support.
- You’d be able to see how many times you’re ROM has been downloaded and how the community rates it. It’s up to the you and the community to let us know what you want from the system.
As users, you can register in the system and then follow:
- Rate the releases you like so other know if they are good or not.
- Soon you wil be able to leave comments with your ratings too
We want to do this right. We want to build something that the community will really use.
This is just the start of things to come but we need need your input!!!
What do you want to see?
What will help you get your ROMs, Themes, Applications and more out to the community quickly and easily?
Please contact me at email@example.com
with your contact information and include the information listed below (or as much as you feel comfortable sharing) and any thoughts and suggestions no matter how wild they may seem. We'll consider anything.
I'm setting up profiles for everyone for developer accounts that would include:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Nick Name
- Location (or at least time zone)
- Twitter Account
- Blog Page
- Home page
- A brief description about yourself and what you develop
That should do for now.
MobileTweek / AndroidSPIN / Community Release