Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 53,627 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Active sync in windows 7 ??

Tip us?

sosimple
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 144
Default Active sync in windows 7 ??

Hi, I have install windows 7 rc , and i cant have my contacts in diamond to sync with outlook. It seems active sync is not compatible with win7 . Is there a solution ? Thanks ,

N3m3515
Old
Thanks Meter 44
in win 7 is no active sync... you have to use mobile device center

cobbs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi

this works for me on windows 7 you can download it from here
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...-download.mspx

chribruu
Old
Thanks Meter 3
When you connect your diamond to win7, it will automatically download drivers and mobile device center . To get Outlook is your own responsibility. You probably have a 30 day trial version on one of the disks that followed your phone, but it will still sync after those 30 days.

EDIT: I have no clue wether the trial version works in win7 or not.
HTC Touch Diamond, DIAM100: Sold
HTC Touch Pro: Sold
HTC Vox (collecting dust)
HTC Tornado (Qtek 8300): Stolen at knifepoint in Morocco. (from me that is, not the other way round :P)
HTC Tornado (Qtek 8310): Dead

sosimple
Old
(Last edited by sosimple; 28th May 2009 at 08:56 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbs View Post
hi

this works for me on windows 7 you can download it from here
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...-download.mspx
Ι downloaded the above. I didnt see nothning to change. I have installed Windows Mobile Device Center and it looks to work ok. I see diamond from the pc as a hard disc, and i can use it. I also have internet to diamond throw the pc. The phone is recognized by the pc as Touch Diamond P3700, and i have the icon of sync sender in taskbar. What I dont have? The one i am interested more.. My contacts to outlook to pc.. I have installed office 2003 to the pc , and i have outlook 2003. There , contacts are empty.
I dint see to Windows Mobile Device Center to have any option to transfer contacts from phone to outlook.. Any help ?

edit... Ok I just solve it. I went mobile device settings-change content sync settings. In contact there a press sync settings ,and there it writes synconize from Pc1 Pc2. Only one was "ticked" I tick and the other , and contacts went to my pc... Very complicated i think..

runebinder
Old
(Last edited by runebinder; 3rd June 2009 at 02:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 32
Hi, I'm on Windows 7 64 bit build 7100. Trying to get my phone to sync, have installed WMDC 6.1 64 bit version, plug my Diamond in and Windows Update fails on trying to install the driver, just get PocketPC USB Sync in Device Manager with a status of "This device cannot start (Code 10)."

Any ideas where I am going wrong on this? Had no issues on Vista 64bit getting it to work, have repeated all the same steps so am scratching my head somewhat.

Edit: Solved it, turns out it was my USB extension lead, tried plugging directly into the computer and it worked perfectly lol
Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100
Wanamlite 14.1, LSD!
Modem XXLS8

shemrad
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Windows 7 ActiveSync Fix

Hey Everyone,

There is a good write-up on how to Enable ActiveSync on Windows 7 x64 and x86.

http://capitalhead.com/articles/enab...4-and-x86.aspx

Have fun,
Mike

kevinniven
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Default good to go

seems to be working good now RC.

sjlane7160
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Stephen Lane wrote:
I think I have researched all the treads on this pretty well now & I've tried all the above including rolling back to before I 1st allowed the WDM to install to no avail. I still can't get my Diamond talking to W7 WDM still talks to my old Vista Ult machine though.
Everything looks good the updater downloads drivers then the WDM then the installs happen the device gets found and it sort of knows its a HTC device plugged into a USB port but WDM and Sync Center both don't believe its there.
I've tried resetting the Diamond complete reboots of the computer, I've changed all settings in the PC to USB menu on the Diamond (another thread) and this only changes the Device from Generic Serial to Generic NDIS but still WDM won't connect.
So has anyone got any further suggestions I can't believe its this hard every one else has no probs what might I be doing wrong (I think the fact the device is a Generic Serial not a Diamond might be a hint but I can't prove it)

Regards
Stephen Lane

chiel-s
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Stephen Lane,

I have exactly the same problem. Did you found a solution or still facing this problem?