Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

TP2 looses WIFI settings

OP Chris Proud

2nd June 2009, 09:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
London
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Anybody else find that if it can't connect to a wireless network, it deletes the saved settings? The most recent time it actually said invalid key and prompted for a new key rather than just doing the usual delete job.

Also, would be nice if you could paste into the touchflo 3D config page rather than having to go into the advanced config. Would be a small detail if I didn't have to enter the key again every time I go out of range!

Thanks
2nd June 2009, 11:07 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

551 posts
More
I know your problem. It's more a windows mobile problem.

At the moment you click on a connection (router) on your wm device, it will loose the network key. So don't do that.

I've had the problem with one router at our home, but it was the router was faulty. Often it wasn't possible to connect. We got a new one, and it didn't happen egain.
3rd June 2009, 07:42 AM   |  #3  

19 posts
I also experience that the wifi connection drops with the TP2 several times a day. This does not happen with all the other devices so I guess that this is a TP2 specific problem....
3rd June 2009, 10:43 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
London

5 posts
More
My old TYTN2 didn't have this problem but I have heard the occasional complaint in the office. The TP2 consistantly looses the settings.
4th June 2009, 08:39 AM   |  #5  

19 posts
I contacted HTC support and that is what they recommend. Just applied the settings so I can't say yet if that works.

"I would recommend that you set your WLAN to best performance on your device. This will normally cure any network problems you are having. Please see the instructions below for more information. - Start - Settings - Connections - Wireless LAN - Power Mode - Move bar all the way to the left for Best Performance - Perform a soft-reset - Try and re-connect to your WiFi Network"
10th June 2009, 10:42 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 19

1,031 posts
my wifi always not connecting...
10th June 2009, 10:53 AM   |  #7  

71 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidipaldi

I also experience that the wifi connection drops with the TP2 several times a day. This does not happen with all the other devices so I guess that this is a TP2 specific problem....

got the same one .. will try the cure described bellow
10th June 2009, 11:22 AM   |  #8  
Flag Stadskanaal

50 posts
More
Yesterday i had the same thing. I lied in bed, and turned on wifi. It tried to connect, and connect, but after a while, it says: new wifi network found.

So I connected, and I had to fill in again my wifi password… really strange.
6th February 2010, 10:19 PM   |  #9  

1 posts
TP2 looses wifi settings
Try configuring network key using WPA + TKIP instead of WPA2 which helped fixing my TP2 wifi settings

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
wifi, wireless
Previous Thread Next Thread