Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,758 Members 46,382 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera test

Tip us?

mistm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Lightbulb Camera test

Could anyone provide series of photos taken by HTP2? I'd like to compare them with other devices.

More people would be welcome so we can compare even pro2 between themselfs. I've already met one pro2 with blurred and shaded camera. I just dont want to believe all those cameras are so bad.

It would be nice if you took photo in different conditions. Like outside, in the dark, of the text, of the colorful scene, inside the building with poor light conditions etc etc.

Thanks you all.

mallman
Old
(Last edited by mallman; 3rd June 2009 at 12:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 59
here is what i have taken

Inside

Outside
Like my work? Feeling generous?

By clicking HERE

Device: Note 3
ROM: MyRom
Carrier: T-Mobile

mistm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
thank you for your post. Colors are so dull. I tried to increase contrast and it looks bit nicer. Anyway I think pro2 would deserve better camera.

Could anyone else share his opinions about the camera?

pepeto2001
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I'm a bit disappointed about the camera, I've a Kaiser and the pictures are clearly better than these!...

I cannot belive it!

bwnotredame06
Old
(Last edited by bwnotredame06; 3rd June 2009 at 03:29 PM.) Reason: added text
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepeto2001 View Post
I'm a bit disappointed about the camera, I've a Kaiser and the pictures are clearly better than these!...

I cannot belive it!
You can actually make the Kaiser camera ten times better by simply taking off the back cover when taking pictures or video. For some reason the plastic on the camera cover is dingy and blurs it a little.
Some people have actually removed that one plastic piece from the cover or just drilled a tiny hole, personally I couldn't do that.

pepeto2001
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwnotredame06 View Post
You can actually make the Kaiser camera ten times better by simply taking off the back cover when taking pictures or video. For some reason the plastic on the camera cover is dingy and blurs it a little.
Some people have actually removed that one plastic piece from the cover or just drilled a tiny hole, personally I couldn't do that.
I know, I usually quit the cover... and the quality is MUCH better than the ones taken with pro2.... I hope another samples with other configurations will be better, I wont buy a new phone with worse camera than the one I have!!

bwnotredame06
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepeto2001 View Post
I know, I usually quit the cover... and the quality is MUCH better than the ones taken with pro2.... I hope another samples with other configurations will be better, I wont buy a new phone with worse camera than the one I have!!
Well maybe its just the same issue, the backing cover lens. Its supposed to be a 3.2 mega pix.

mallman
Old
(Last edited by mallman; 3rd June 2009 at 07:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistm View Post
thank you for your post. Colors are so dull. I tried to increase contrast and it looks bit nicer. Anyway I think pro2 would deserve better camera.

Could anyone else share his opinions about the camera?
just an FYI all, i didnt adjust anything. not even sure my pics are set to fine quality. I will check the settings and report back

EDIT: *** ok yup, had all the default settings with no adjustment to any of the lighting
Like my work? Feeling generous?

By clicking HERE

Device: Note 3
ROM: MyRom
Carrier: T-Mobile

mistm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
I didnt change the settings in device. I changed contrast in Irfan view just to see if images may look better.

Lets admin that camera sux lot in HTP2. I just want to insure myself that the better result may be achieved by the software changes (like change of contrast for example).

On almost all photos i've seen there is some kind of gray curtain. Because I want to use camera in my next device I was thinking about it and i decided that its enough for me that photos looks good in the device when showing to friends. I dont need extra quality as compact camera could provide.

R_phAn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I was wondering what the video recording capability is on this phone. I'm told it's capable to record in 640*480 resolution these days. Is it any good (crisp / fluid) or choppy and.. well.. reasonably useless like the recordings my P4350 takes (taken into account that that phone records into the size of a poststamp)?

Bottom line: will I be using the feature to take my holland's funniest video and win 10 eurocents?