Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Xperia X2 Leaked

OP bo88y

21st July 2009, 11:20 AM   |  #191  
Thanks Meter: 0

56 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDevol

New Xperia on Expansys. This is running Android but there is no indication of whether it's X2

http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=185317

That's Rachael.

See this topic: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=533383
21st July 2009, 12:26 PM   |  #192  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 1

188 posts
More
removedremovedremovedremoved
Last edited by nevermind; 30th July 2009 at 10:31 AM.
21st July 2009, 12:31 PM   |  #193  

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermind

pictures as promissed, compared with X1.
NOTE: It's a PROTOTYPE, unit nr.2. So HW and SW will likely change! So discussion about optical joystick, speaker and so on has no meaning right now. It may change or something may be even disabled or even omited (like accelerometer on X1 which beta had)

OMG it looks amazing, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4 comes to mind

Any idea when this will be released? really want it t be my next phone and my contract ends in October but dont mind waiting a couple of months for the upgrade.

nevermind thanks so much for all of your updates, i really cant wait for this phone to be released,
21st July 2009, 12:54 PM   |  #194  
Flag Bytom, Poland
Thanks Meter: 203

3,724 posts
More
Quote:

NOTE: It's a PROTOTYPE, unit nr.2. So HW and SW will likely change! So discussion about optical joystick, speaker and so on has no meaning right now. It may change or something may be even disabled or even omited (like accelerometer on X1 which beta had)

poetryrocksalot: speakers are right at this moment. But again, it may change.
Batery release - real
Scroll button - it's no scroll button, it's a camera button. Ordinary camera button, very similar to X1
Softkeys difficult to press - yeah, it's a prototype. The left one works fine on my piece, right one doesn't work. But it will change of course ;
About proxymity and others - until official, can't tell here, sorry.
And again - if you think that X2 has ****ty keyboard, then don't even but it. X2 has waaaaaaaaay better keyboard than X1 (i don't have dwarf fingers)

Thank you man.

As well as X1 looks soo good,
X2 looks 2 times better. Great.
21st July 2009, 01:00 PM   |  #195  
Flag Worcestershire
Thanks Meter: 8

388 posts
Thank you,

this looks cool but is the screen recessed like the X1 with a lip around the edge?

The pic is not clear on this. I would like a flush screen but thats only a minor thing the X2 looks awesome.
21st July 2009, 01:02 PM   |  #196  
Flag Prague

188 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasand

this looks cool but is the screen recessed like the X1 with a lip around the edge?

no it's not recessed. It's like Touch HD, iPhone, etc. (can't find the right word in damn english LOL).
21st July 2009, 01:22 PM   |  #197  

221 posts
More
Quote:

no it's not recessed. It's like Touch HD, iPhone, etc. (can't find the right word in damn english LOL).

Flush with the casing?
It's nice to hear from someone with actual hands-on experience talking about it.
21st July 2009, 01:25 PM   |  #198  

31 posts
Quote:

poetryrocksalot: speakers are right at this moment. But again, it may change.
Batery release - real
Scroll button - it's no scroll button, it's a camera button. Ordinary camera button, very similar to X1
Softkeys difficult to press - yeah, it's a prototype. The left one works fine on my piece, right one doesn't work. But it will change of course ;
About proxymity and others - until official, can't tell here, sorry.
And again - if you think that X2 has ****ty keyboard, then don't even but it. X2 has waaaaaaaaay better keyboard than X1 (i don't have dwarf fingers)

You are the MAN!!!

You have the phone where most of us dream about specs and design.

Have you any idea when the release date is man?
21st July 2009, 01:30 PM   |  #199  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 73

1,103 posts
More
Quote:

well so far my list of 'cons' about the x1 has been mostly taken care of with this newer model.. fantastic!
great news about the screen being flush!
21st July 2009, 01:48 PM   |  #200  

1 posts
thx for the info man - great pix. wanted to ask whether the casing has some steel elements, like the old xperia (which was rock solid), or is it 100% plastic? (can't tell from the pix). I'm asking because I've heard many concenrs from the latest HTC touch pro 2 owners, that the device is made of plastic which is apparently of low quality and cracks after 1-2 months without any external influence. And of course the question everyone's asking - can we expect to have this great device before the end of the year? Thx alot!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread