Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 52,020 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HARD RESET RHODIUM, Touch Pro 2

Tip us?

doublecheese
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98
Default HARD RESET RHODIUM, Touch Pro 2

FYI. Here is how to Hard Reset our new toys .

To perform a hard reset
1. With the device turned off, press and hold the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons until you see this message on the screen.

"This operation will delete all your personal data, and reset all settings to manufacturer default. Press VolUp to restore manufacturer default, or press other keys to cancel."

2. Release the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons.
3. Press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.

You'll need it ))

ratchetjaw
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Just asking but isnt going threw the settings and memory clear then it will tell you to put in "1234" to confirm it the same? Thats what i did and it restored it to all factory settings or does this way do more?

tugas2khas
Old
Thanks Meter 252
yeah, you can hard reset that way... but someday you'll need to hard reset the hardware way.... ie: after flash cooked rom, when the "touch here bla...bla..." message appear, you'll want to hard reset straight away... much faster than setup, and then hard reset later...

@doublecheese: nice info... thanks..
press [thanks] , if i've helped in any way..

Want a very good rom, join us...made by great dev tkari4

doublecheese
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98
While I was trying new programs to my TP2 , the phone just hang, even after soft reset, it was just hanging on the opening screen so the phone never could start, so I had no chance but to Hard Reset the phone.

So you'll need it

ratchetjaw
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Oh ok gotcha, thanks for the tip

bowow
Old
Thanks Meter 0
do you mean press and hold the "pick up" and the "hang up" and the power button?? beacause its not clear for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublecheese View Post
FYI. Here is how to Hard Reset our new toys .

To perform a hard reset
1. With the device turned off, press and hold the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons until you see this message on the screen.

"This operation will delete all your personal data, and reset all settings to manufacturer default. Press VolUp to restore manufacturer default, or press other keys to cancel."

2. Release the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons.
3. Press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.

You'll need it ))

bowow
Old
Thanks Meter 0
ok all done

ranney
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowow View Post
do you mean press and hold the "pick up" and the "hang up" and the power button?? beacause its not clear for me?
Yes, that is wat he means ;)

tigermain
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Will a hard reset replace the core files, i.e the bluetooth ones that TomTom has corrupted? As I've tried using someone elses and no dice

DaveShaw
Old
Retired Senior Moderator + Wiki Bureaucrat
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermain View Post
Will a hard reset replace the core files, i.e the bluetooth ones that TomTom has corrupted? As I've tried using someone elses and no dice
Hard Reset will put the phone back to how you got it (or if you've flashed a ROM, to how it was just after you flashed a ROM).

So, Yes

Dave
--Retired.