XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Touch Input 2.0 xt9 next word prediction

Tip us?

vince_b
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC Touch Input 2.0 xt9 next word prediction

When I was still using xt9 on my Touch Dual (which was using Touch Input 1.0), there was an option to use a feature called "Next word prediction".

I just noticed recently that this feature was taken out in the Touch HD ROM's (which uses HTC Touch Input 2.0).

Does anyone know why this was taken out, and if there is a way to turn it back on (without having to install a 3rd party keyboard app)?

vince_b
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
bumping up this message -- anyone with an answer?

tims31
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi Vince_b

I have a touch HD and this is working on mine.

To check if you have it on yours or to switch it on, open a new text message, open the input method by touching the up arrow and then select the Touch input settings tab. In there make sure "Word completion in T9 Mode" is selected.

When you then type it should show the word completion bar above the keyboard type you are using. I use Finger keyboard2 (do a search on this site) with mine and the word completion switched on...works a treat.

Hope that helps you out

vince_b
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tims31 View Post
Hi Vince_b

I have a touch HD and this is working on mine.

To check if you have it on yours or to switch it on, open a new text message, open the input method by touching the up arrow and then select the Touch input settings tab. In there make sure "Word completion in T9 Mode" is selected.

When you then type it should show the word completion bar above the keyboard type you are using. I use Finger keyboard2 (do a search on this site) with mine and the word completion switched on...works a treat.

Hope that helps you out
Thanks tims31 for the response. Although, I am referring specifically to the "next word prediction" feature rather than the "word completion" one.

Word completion (suggesting the current word based on what letters are currently typing) works on me, but next word prediction (suggesting the next word after you are done typing your current one) does not...

tims31
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry about that, mis-understood what you wanted.

Have never seen next word prediction on the HD. Will watch this thread with interest just in case you do find out.