Post Reply

Asus P552/P552W ROM Kitchen

OP ABM30

2nd November 2010, 04:30 PM   |  #1491  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Help
Anyone can help me to find the original italian ROM? the rom in the ASUS site doesn't install because it say:
-make sure the language of the PPC is the same of the rom
2nd November 2010, 10:03 PM   |  #1492  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
633 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvoVen86

Anyone can help me to find the original italian ROM? the rom in the ASUS site doesn't install because it say:
-make sure the language of the PPC is the same of the rom

1. READ POST 1463 - just 3 pages back
2. DON'T HESITATE TO USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!
7th November 2010, 09:31 PM   |  #1493  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
The good news is this loaded up on my P552W and the 6.5 screen comes up on the LCD without any problems. WOW! :) Much appreciated.

Bad news is that I decided to do this because my touchscreen had stopped working and the upgrade to 6.5 did not make any difference. I am still asked to tap on the screen to orient the cursor and still nothing happens when I try to do that.

However I would like to continue working on this problem instead of dumping the phone in the toilet. So I have four questions hoping somebody may know the answers.

1) The problem came up slowly with the touchscreen gradually becoming more and more unreliable until it failed to work at all. This seems to indicate the problem may be a faulty screen rather than a software problem, right?

2) Is this problem a known issue with this phone?

3) Is it difficult to source a replacement touchscreen (I am in Europe)

4) If replacement of screen looks like the only solution and I happen to find one could I replace the screen myself or does thie require either a degree in engineering plus one in psychology or at least an experienced technician?

Yes, I know I should just take it back to Asus but the warranty period is over and it is a long way to go back to Bangkok where I bought the phone.

Any advice much appreciated.
8th November 2010, 06:28 PM   |  #1494  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
633 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
screen alignment by pass
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowep

The good news is this loaded up on my P552W and the 6.5 screen comes up on the LCD without any problems. WOW! :) Much appreciated.

Bad news is that I decided to do this because my touchscreen had stopped working and the upgrade to 6.5 did not make any difference. I am still asked to tap on the screen to orient the cursor and still nothing happens when I try to do that.

However I would like to continue working on this problem instead of dumping the phone in the toilet. So I have four questions hoping somebody may know the answers.

1) The problem came up slowly with the touchscreen gradually becoming more and more unreliable until it failed to work at all. This seems to indicate the problem may be a faulty screen rather than a software problem, right?

2) Is this problem a known issue with this phone?

3) Is it difficult to source a replacement touchscreen (I am in Europe)

4) If replacement of screen looks like the only solution and I happen to find one could I replace the screen myself or does thie require either a degree in engineering plus one in psychology or at least an experienced technician?

Yes, I know I should just take it back to Asus but the warranty period is over and it is a long way to go back to Bangkok where I bought the phone.

Any advice much appreciated.

It seems that more and more has this problem, I think that it counts the screen ageing also.
I found an application that helps to bypass the initial screen alignment:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hw6apj...eAlignment.zip

You will find instructions in the archive.
9th November 2010, 08:54 AM   |  #1495  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Build 21681 - WITH HOST UI and new taskbar - for ASUS P552/P552W

ITA LOCALIZATION ?
9th November 2010, 11:56 AM   |  #1496  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
thanks
Thanks ABM30,

This is very helpful.... maybe what I really need is a program to bypass the touchscreen all together

Have you ever tried to take this phone apart?

Looks like it is possible to source a replacement touchscreen for about $20 but maybe tricky to tear down the phone and install it.
9th November 2010, 03:07 PM   |  #1497  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
633 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
tear down P552W
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowep

Thanks ABM30,

This is very helpful.... maybe what I really need is a program to bypass the touchscreen all together

Have you ever tried to take this phone apart?

Looks like it is possible to source a replacement touchscreen for about $20 but maybe tricky to tear down the phone and install it.

for tear down look here http://www.mediafire.com/file/lgbk81...ear%20down.pdf
9th November 2010, 05:36 PM   |  #1498  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Thumbs up Christmas in November
WOW! Thanks for posting this. Feels like Christmas in November, as I may be able to get my phone working again instead of using it as a paperweight. Now I will try to source a replacement touchscreen in Europe then take the phone apart and replace the LCD.
10th November 2010, 06:01 PM   |  #1499  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Unhappy
I am very very very thankfull for your work, the only one in whole world. You´re the man! Long life to you

So, definitely i tried the BUILD 23569 with TF2D BLISS. Extremely fast installation with the cabs embedded, nice work. However i can´t use Calendar, not on OrangeTV panel (isn´t showned) either when i try to launch it using main panel, then appears this message "The file ´ThumbCal´ cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring the file".

So, i´m begging for your knowledge and kindness to solve this issue.

Many thanks
10th November 2010, 11:55 PM   |  #1500  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Please help. I am new here. The remote screen alignment tool dont work for me. I have an asus p552w. It never leaves the screen alignment.
Thanks in advance

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
p552w
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Upgrading, Modifying and Unlocking by ThreadRank