Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 52,022 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Asus P552/P552W ROM Kitchen

Tip us?

SalvoVen86
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help

Anyone can help me to find the original italian ROM? the rom in the ASUS site doesn't install because it say:
-make sure the language of the PPC is the same of the rom

ABM30
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvoVen86 View Post
Anyone can help me to find the original italian ROM? the rom in the ASUS site doesn't install because it say:
-make sure the language of the PPC is the same of the rom
1. READ POST 1463 - just 3 pages back
2. DON'T HESITATE TO USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!

lowep
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The good news is this loaded up on my P552W and the 6.5 screen comes up on the LCD without any problems. WOW! :) Much appreciated.

Bad news is that I decided to do this because my touchscreen had stopped working and the upgrade to 6.5 did not make any difference. I am still asked to tap on the screen to orient the cursor and still nothing happens when I try to do that.

However I would like to continue working on this problem instead of dumping the phone in the toilet. So I have four questions hoping somebody may know the answers.

1) The problem came up slowly with the touchscreen gradually becoming more and more unreliable until it failed to work at all. This seems to indicate the problem may be a faulty screen rather than a software problem, right?

2) Is this problem a known issue with this phone?

3) Is it difficult to source a replacement touchscreen (I am in Europe)

4) If replacement of screen looks like the only solution and I happen to find one could I replace the screen myself or does thie require either a degree in engineering plus one in psychology or at least an experienced technician?

Yes, I know I should just take it back to Asus but the warranty period is over and it is a long way to go back to Bangkok where I bought the phone.

Any advice much appreciated.

ABM30
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default screen alignment by pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowep View Post
The good news is this loaded up on my P552W and the 6.5 screen comes up on the LCD without any problems. WOW! :) Much appreciated.

Bad news is that I decided to do this because my touchscreen had stopped working and the upgrade to 6.5 did not make any difference. I am still asked to tap on the screen to orient the cursor and still nothing happens when I try to do that.

However I would like to continue working on this problem instead of dumping the phone in the toilet. So I have four questions hoping somebody may know the answers.

1) The problem came up slowly with the touchscreen gradually becoming more and more unreliable until it failed to work at all. This seems to indicate the problem may be a faulty screen rather than a software problem, right?

2) Is this problem a known issue with this phone?

3) Is it difficult to source a replacement touchscreen (I am in Europe)

4) If replacement of screen looks like the only solution and I happen to find one could I replace the screen myself or does thie require either a degree in engineering plus one in psychology or at least an experienced technician?

Yes, I know I should just take it back to Asus but the warranty period is over and it is a long way to go back to Bangkok where I bought the phone.

Any advice much appreciated.
It seems that more and more has this problem, I think that it counts the screen ageing also.
I found an application that helps to bypass the initial screen alignment:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hw6apj...eAlignment.zip

You will find instructions in the archive.

darkdeath
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Build 21681 - WITH HOST UI and new taskbar - for ASUS P552/P552W

ITA LOCALIZATION ?

lowep
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default thanks

Thanks ABM30,

This is very helpful.... maybe what I really need is a program to bypass the touchscreen all together

Have you ever tried to take this phone apart?

Looks like it is possible to source a replacement touchscreen for about $20 but maybe tricky to tear down the phone and install it.

ABM30
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default tear down P552W

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowep View Post
Thanks ABM30,

This is very helpful.... maybe what I really need is a program to bypass the touchscreen all together

Have you ever tried to take this phone apart?

Looks like it is possible to source a replacement touchscreen for about $20 but maybe tricky to tear down the phone and install it.
for tear down look here http://www.mediafire.com/file/lgbk81...ear%20down.pdf

lowep
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Christmas in November

WOW! Thanks for posting this. Feels like Christmas in November, as I may be able to get my phone working again instead of using it as a paperweight. Now I will try to source a replacement touchscreen in Europe then take the phone apart and replace the LCD.

fysga
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am very very very thankfull for your work, the only one in whole world. You´re the man! Long life to you

So, definitely i tried the BUILD 23569 with TF2D BLISS. Extremely fast installation with the cabs embedded, nice work. However i can´t use Calendar, not on OrangeTV panel (isn´t showned) either when i try to launch it using main panel, then appears this message "The file ´ThumbCal´ cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring the file".

So, i´m begging for your knowledge and kindness to solve this issue.

Many thanks

RockRacker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Please help. I am new here. The remote screen alignment tool dont work for me. I have an asus p552w. It never leaves the screen alignment.
Thanks in advance

Tags
p552w