[WIDGET] Streams-T 2.1 light [11.000 radio,tv,webcams streams] [wm6.5] [vga & qvga]
Can now be found in the Windows Mobile MarketPlace!! Please leave a comment if you buy it or download the demo version.
I've created a windows mobile 6.5 widget. The widget makes contact with a huge database of live streams, so you can easily select a channel and watch it immediately.
The database used is from TodayPDA
, so the database gets updated without you need to reinstall the application or redownload any xml file.
Any feedback is appreciated. If you have any request, of any kind, just post it or pm me. In the latest version I can add options which keep remembered by the program, so if anyone has a suggestion for that, please leave a reply and I'll add it as soon as possible
What does it contain?
-7883 radio streams
-3252 television streams
-59 different countries
-all the streams are checked every two weeks (live, offline, removed, etc)
The following countries (radio, television and webcam):
The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Turkey, Italy, Australia, Spain, China, Switzerland, Sweden, Venezuela, Tsjechie, Thailand, Russia, Rumania, Portugal, Poland, Austria, Mexico, Japan, Madagascar, Brazil, Argentina, Bulgaria, Columbia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Greece, Hungary, India, Iran, Israel, South Korea, Latvia, Norway, Ukraine, Serbia, Slovakia, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Antigua and Barbados, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Angola, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina , Brunei, Chili, Congo, Costa Rica, Cuba, Cyprus, Djibouti, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Faroe Eil, Fiji, Philippines, Finland, Fr. Guiana, Fr. Polynesia, Georgie, Ghana, Greenland, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Ireland, Iceland, Indonesia, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordanie, Cameroon, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, North Korea, Kosovo, Croatia, Kurdistan, Lebanon, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Malaysia, Malta, Morocco, Mauritanie, Mauritius, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicarague, New Zealand, Niger, Nigeria, Uzbekistan, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Seychellen, Singapore, Slovenia, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Syria, Taiwan, Trinidad and Tob, Tunesia, Uruguay, Vatican, United Arab Emirates, Belarus, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Jamaica, Indie
The streams get checked?
In front of all the streams there is a color:
+red: stream offline when checked
+orange: we could not check the stream because of software limitation
+green: stream was online when we checked
+black: stream has just been added and needs to be checked
How to install?
Some roms don't have the widgetinstaller linked to the *.wgt files. If your rom doesn't have that you will get the following error when you click on the widget: "There is no application associated with <<name widget>>. Run the application first, then open this file from within the application"
To solve this I've created a cab file. Just install the cab enable_widgets_wm6.5.cab and it will work without a hard reset (thanks to notrock, mrpotter and B4PJS)
1. Download enable_widgets_wm6.5.cab and the streams widget. Make sure that the streams widget file ends with .wgt and not with .zip, otherwise change it to .wgt
2. Copy the files to your mobile device (if not already done)
3. Run the enable_widgets_wm6.5.cab and install it
4. Click on the streams widget, it should popup with the question if you want to install the widget.
5. If it still does not work, soft reset. If again it does not work, go to step 6, otherwise you can view the streams
6. Look if the file "\Windows\wmwidgetinstaller.exe" exists, if not go to step 12. If it does exist, go to step 7.
7. Download "resco explorer" or "total commander" and install one of them
8. Browse to the folder where the wgt file is located
9. Inside the browsing program select the wgt file and use the option "Open with"
10. Browse to the \Windows\wmwidgetinstaller.exe and select that file.
11. The widget should install
12. Apperently you don't have the widget engine on your rom, so you should find a rom with the whole package or try the cab below: add_widget_engine_v2.cab. This will add all the files and registry entries the widget engine uses. This is just a beta so it might not work, and might screw up your rom (small change
13. After the installing of add_widget_engine_v2.cab soft reset and try to install a widget
14. It should now work
15. If that also does not work, post a reply. If you had to take steps 6-11, also post a reply so I can update the cab (if more people have the same problem)
I cook roms and want to add it, how do I do it?
twopumpchump made a package with the widget engine inside it, I added the newest version of the widget. Just unzip the folder and place it inside your rom (I don't know how exactly, twopumpchump is the master there
Where are the download links?
(updated with more registry settings for widgets)
(for both vga and qvga devices)
(widget engine package, thanx to twopumpchump)
(cab to use with rom that don't have the widget engine, thanks to twopumpchump and slayer69)
Version 2.1 fixes the problem of the "undefined" message some have
-renamed to light because of a new version which is going to be released on MarketPlace
-added (annoying) donate buttons to look whether or not that will work
-changed the favorites page so you don't have to load your favorites by clicking a button
-added the possibility to filter streams by bitrate
-changed the layout a bit so it looks better
-added the possibility to add favorites which get remembered by the widget
-added a search function
-fixed the error which showed up during the start by some people
-lot's of tweaks
-added webcam button
-made app vga and qvga compatible
-start of the app