5,606,409 Members 33,509 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][WWE][16-Jul-10] Timolol's stock-like WM6.5.5 ROM (Build 23569)

Tip us?

timolol
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrim011 View Post
Great job. It's weird that the problem was caused by irrelevant app like MP3 Trimmer.

Yeah I know hey! Oh well I'm glad it's fixed. I'll upload the new version when I get home (which could be a few hours)
Device - Samsung Omnia 7 i8700
OS - Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango"

Feel free to donate if you like my work!

pilgrim011
Old
(Last edited by pilgrim011; 21st June 2009 at 03:49 PM.) Reason: forgot smthng
Thanks Meter 325
Can you tell me what's your experience with alarm function in your ROM? Is it absolutely reliable like in 6.1 official ROM or not? This is one of my major concerns regarding custom ROMs. Btw., I'm back to 6.1 for now because of the RAM problems with the current build and to tell you the truth, I think 6.1 is more functional than 6.5 out of the box. 6.5 just looks better - nicer icons, contextual menu and a little better scrolling, but I cannot see any real advantage over older OS version. CHome is a big disappointment for me - TF3D is much more functional, SPB MS also. New start menu is awful - I don't see where is the logic in it...
SGS2 & HTC Desire

ken_shin33
Old
Thanks Meter 0
timolol or anyone who's tried out this ROM,
I have yet to try out this ROM, but can you answer a quick question for me?
Is your ROM UC enabled? Couldn't find any information saying it is.
Thanks,

sammypwns
Old
Thanks Meter 0
if its not too much to ask, could you upload your kitchen to some place like 4shared.com?
This is how I Fuze

jsmith8858
Old
Thanks Meter 89
I am very excited about this ROM -- I 100% agree with your "minimal, bug-free apps only, WM6.5 w/HTC apps" philosophy -- perfect! It is driving me crazy how all of other ROMS are cooking in the new tachi dialer and TF3D2 which all have bugs on top of bugs! Wait until it's fully working, then cook in, people! Anyway, I am really looking forward to giving this ROM a shot, perhaps tomorrow night. Thank you for taking this approach, I really think it's the way to go!

dialupboy
Old
Thanks Meter 8
"the WM6.5 lock screen not being compatible with the included dialer"

Next upgrade can u use ms standard dialer or something else that compatible?

found this bug really ...well....sucks. when i receive a call its not ring, but 1st the lcd flip flip for several second, and then the screen messed up and then its ring and after that phone becoming very slow need to soft reset.

timolol
Old
(Last edited by timolol; 22nd June 2009 at 07:13 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Can you tell me what's your experience with alarm function in your ROM? Is it absolutely reliable like in 6.1 official ROM or not? This is one of my major concerns regarding custom ROMs. Btw., I'm back to 6.1 for now because of the RAM problems with the current build and to tell you the truth, I think 6.1 is more functional than 6.5 out of the box. 6.5 just looks better - nicer icons, contextual menu and a little better scrolling, but I cannot see any real advantage over older OS version. CHome is a big disappointment for me - TF3D is much more functional, SPB MS also. New start menu is awful - I don't see where is the logic in it...
The alarm function in this ROM has never failed me and I use it everyday. I guess WM6.5 and Chome take a while to get used to, but once you spend enough time with it, it becomes natural.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_shin33 View Post
timolol or anyone who's tried out this ROM,
I have yet to try out this ROM, but can you answer a quick question for me?
Is your ROM UC enabled? Couldn't find any information saying it is.
Thanks,
Yes, it is UC enabled. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith8858 View Post
I am very excited about this ROM -- I 100% agree with your "minimal, bug-free apps only, WM6.5 w/HTC apps" philosophy -- perfect! It is driving me crazy how all of other ROMS are cooking in the new tachi dialer and TF3D2 which all have bugs on top of bugs! Wait until it's fully working, then cook in, people! Anyway, I am really looking forward to giving this ROM a shot, perhaps tomorrow night. Thank you for taking this approach, I really think it's the way to go!
I'm glad to hear you agree with philosophy Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dialupboy View Post
"the WM6.5 lock screen not being compatible with the included dialer"

Next upgrade can u use ms standard dialer or something else that compatible?

found this bug really ...well....sucks. when i receive a call its not ring, but 1st the lcd flip flip for several second, and then the screen messed up and then its ring and after that phone becoming very slow need to soft reset.
I haven't experienced the problem that you describe when receiving calls. However, if you want to disable the HTC dialer, it's very straightforward. Just use any registry editor program to navigate to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Security/Phone/Skin' then change the value of 'Enabled' from 1 to 0. Soft reset, and you will now be using the standard WM6.5 dialer. Alternatively, you could use a program like Advanced Config or Diamond Tweak to achieve the same outcome

timolol
Old
(Last edited by timolol; 22nd June 2009 at 07:17 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Version 2 of this ROM has been released! Please check the first post for details and the download link Can somebody please kindly upload some mirrors (especially rapidshare). Cheers

I fixed the memory issue, which is the main reason for the new version.

pilgrim011
Old
Thanks Meter 325
Thanks for new version, I'm gonna try it later today when I come home. Can you tell me what does this means - Disabled AutoDataConfig (redundant)? Not sure what is AutoDataConfig, is it the automated configuration of gprs/mms settings or something else?
SGS2 & HTC Desire

timolol
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Thanks for new version, I'm gonna try it later today when I come home. Can you tell me what does this means - Disabled AutoDataConfig (redundant)? Not sure what is AutoDataConfig, is it the automated configuration of gprs/mms settings or something else?
It's the windows mobile automated configuration of network settings (gprs/mms). However, I have cooked in an HTC program called "Connection Setup" which performs exactly the same function, but looks much nicer. If both are enabled (as in the last ROM version), the automated configuration basically runs twice, which is completely unnecessary.