Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,836 Members 41,391 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][WWE][16-Jul-10] Timolol's stock-like WM6.5.5 ROM (Build 23569)

Tip us?

majkeljj
Old
Thanks Meter 14
downloading.....
can we ask you for special version with Sense 2.5? I didn't find cab file
HTC Mozart, HTC Touch Pro

timolol
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by majkeljj View Post
downloading.....
can we ask you for special version with Sense 2.5? I didn't find cab file
I'd like to make a Sense 2.5 build, but adding Sense is a pretty major undertaking. However, I am internally experimenting with it and might post Sense 2.5 ROMs if I'm completely happy with the results. No promises though...
Device - Samsung Omnia 7 i8700
OS - Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango"

Feel free to donate if you like my work!

timolol
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Hey all,

As part of my new commitment to keep you guys fully updated, I've released a mid-ROM update for my latest 23547 ROM. I've called it Service Pack 1 and it can be found in the first post as an attachment. You can also find details of what the update does in the first post.

Since there is reported to be no new changes in the 23549 build of WM 6.5.5, I haven't released a completely new ROM. I've chosen to upload a mid-ROM upgrade to keep it nice and easy for you guys so you don't have to flash an entirely new ROM to get my latest and greatest. Go check it out!

Cheers,
Tim

erwinpiero
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Good morning Sir,
I'm a big fans of Your creation, and got flashed latest build, i like stock ROM much, and Your ROM was the best of all, and i also love nokia fonts by Bill Hodgins, in previos build (the 1st dan 2nd) i capable to replace by installing cab file, but on this latest build, every fonts changed except for main menu fonts, is there any way i can replace them all? By registry hack maybe.

Thanks
HTC One M7 - Deadly Whitey
ROM Android Revolution HD v70 KitKat 4.4.2 - Sense 6.0
Kernel ElementalX v14.7

Xue v.2
Old
(Last edited by Xue v.2; 21st March 2010 at 08:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
@erwinpiero: hello fellow Indonesian

@Tim:
Hello, first of all, I should thank you for this great ROM. I got my phone for 2 days without charging now. While before, on Captain T-Back's and NRG's, they drain my battery out for nearly 3/4 day,,,

the thing is, after moving from NRG to yours, I do miss the cosmetics. I could recover some cosmetics via the forum, but one thing I can't change: the 3 rows start menu. I found a 4 row start menu cab on xda-dev, but it changes nothing. And for me, 3 rows icons are too big, it hurts my eyes :P
so, any way to change the start menu?

thx in advance,

edit:
I found something strange, whenever I plug my phone to PC usb slot, it always display video out option... weird, I can't access the storage card out of my phone on my PC,,, known issue or is it just me?
any work around for this?

erwinpiero
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Hello glad to know You Xue v.2,

About video out, that's weird, mines fine, including old builds, try hard reset yet?
About cosmetics, yes on my previous post, i experience it when i want to apply font enhancement, let's wait for Timolol's then
Kernel ElementalX v14.7

timolol
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by erwinpiero View Post
Good morning Sir,
I'm a big fans of Your creation, and got flashed latest build, i like stock ROM much, and Your ROM was the best of all, and i also love nokia fonts by Bill Hodgins, in previos build (the 1st dan 2nd) i capable to replace by installing cab file, but on this latest build, every fonts changed except for main menu fonts, is there any way i can replace them all? By registry hack maybe.

Thanks
Hi there,

I've made you a custom cab file called "Erwinpiero Original Fonts.cab" attached to this post. This should make fonts the same as previous Timolol ROMs. Enjoy!

However, the new larger font found in my latest ROM is actually an official HTC upgrade, not just something I decided to do. I actually prefer the large font, although each to their own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xue v.2 View Post
Hello, first of all, I should thank you for this great ROM. I got my phone for 2 days without charging now. While before, on Captain T-Back's and NRG's, they drain my battery out for nearly 3/4 day,,,

the thing is, after moving from NRG to yours, I do miss the cosmetics. I could recover some cosmetics via the forum, but one thing I can't change: the 3 rows start menu. I found a 4 row start menu cab on xda-dev, but it changes nothing. And for me, 3 rows icons are too big, it hurts my eyes :P
so, any way to change the start menu?

thx in advance,

edit:
I found something strange, whenever I plug my phone to PC usb slot, it always display video out option... weird, I can't access the storage card out of my phone on my PC,,, known issue or is it just me?
any work around for this?
Hey there,

I've made you a custom cab with the changes you desire - it is called "Xue 4 Row Start Menu.cab" and is attached to this post. In portrait the start menu is now 4 icons wide, whereas in landscape it is 5 icons wide. Enjoy!

As for your USB issue, this is most likely to be a problem with your computer rather than the ROM. The USB popup recognition on my ROM has not ever been changed and works perfectly fine here.

Attached Files
File Type: cab Erwinpiero Original Fonts.cab - [Click for QR Code] (2.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: cab Xue 4 Row Start Menu.cab - [Click for QR Code] (4.1 KB, 16 views)

lantern20
Old
Thanks Meter 18
You could try this thread for manila. It's 2.1, not 2.5 though.
Search XDA

AT&T Wireless..uh..Cingular..uh, nope..The New AT&T..nope..AT&T Wireless..or..AT&T-Mobile...Nope AT&T Wireless again.

Nokia Lumia 820

HTC Titan II
Stock [FU HTC]

HTC HD2 T9193
Magldr 1.13
ROM: XBmod-Yuki (8107.79) with ACA
Radio: 2.15.50.14

Dell Venue 8 Pro
Windows 8.1

Acer Iconia Tab W500
Windows 8.1

AT&T MediaNet Compatible Phones

erwinpiero
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by timolol View Post
Hi there,

I've made you a custom cab file called "Erwinpiero Original Fonts.cab" attached to this post. This should make fonts the same as previous Timolol ROMs. Enjoy!

However, the new larger font found in my latest ROM is actually an official HTC upgrade, not just something I decided to do. I actually prefer the large font, although each to their own

Hey there,

I've made you a custom cab with the changes you desire - it is called "Xue 4 Row Start Menu.cab" and is attached to this post. In portrait the start menu is now 4 icons wide, whereas in landscape it is 5 icons wide. Enjoy!

As for your USB issue, this is most likely to be a problem with your computer rather than the ROM. The USB popup recognition on my ROM has not ever been changed and works perfectly fine here.

What a honour Sir, big thanks for this and Your great ROM.
Kernel ElementalX v14.7

Xue v.2
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by timolol View Post
Hi there,

Thx for the cab, will try it soon as I have my card reader with me.

Ok this is weird, I tried 3 computers. all of 'em using Win XP. ok 1st, I tried to my home PC, TP prompted me the video out option. Then I tried my hp mini laptop, it detects the touch pro as external storage. Now, on my office PC, it can not detect the TP. Different PC different experiences? weird,,,