Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 52,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rate your radio [Original Raphael Radios]

Tip us?

AdamiX
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Rapidshare fuuuuuckkkkking suuuuuxxxx!

Quote:
hi, i am using touch pro and located in asia pacific. What i wanna ask is can i just download the rom 1.02.25.31 from the first page's link and then load it to my device? will it work that way? or there're radios for each region?...
It will work
Klikni><Click
hTC Desire HD, 7 PRO, Wildfire, Touch PRO & HD owner.
Running EnergyROM on Windows Phones, RCMix3d Runny with Sense 3.5 on Desire HD and stock ROM on Wildfire. HTC 7 PRO runs stock WP7.8. HTC One X is gone

Current phone - HTC ONE

zigerus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey guys, just a small review on the
1.17.25.09 - Official Hotfix from HTC (South Africa) - 11-06-09 Radio

I am in Missouri STL area.

I have been using it since Jan. now and here are a few things I have noticed.

GPS is very poor Intermittently works in wide open areas will not work at all in or near buildings for me.

Cell tower signal is good I never drop below 3 bars (on att network) and I never get dropped calls while moving.

Voice quality is decent, I can hear everyone fine but it seems to pick up back round noise quite easily. Which in turn causes a lot of confusion to the person your speaking with.

battery life is also poor, Most of the time I get 8-10 hours with very little use. 1-3 phone calls with little talk time, no text messages, surfing the web, or using memory intensive apps. I do send/receive e-mail every hour although.

Internet is good, seems to get a good connection at all times and loads quickly.

Overall it is a decent radio, The reliability of having reception out weighed most of it's flaws. However the voice quality and the GPS almost never working is what blew it for me. I use GPS quite a bit even my weather app uses GPS to track the location that I am at the time and pull up the weather.

So I guess I could give it a 3/5 overall. It's not good. but it is not the worst out there.

z3wl
Old
Thanks Meter 1
does the radio version influences the strenght of the wifi signal?

mcalvo_cr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Man.. this is THE thread.. congrats! great idea and very nice job for the community!

Gyokumen_Koushu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hahahaha luckily i read FAQ in eneryrom thread
i flashed new radio. But it drained the hell out of the phone. Less than 2 hours of usage.
Totally ran out of juice. Then only i realize rilphone is not compatible. Getting it fixed ...... about now.

Device: HTC Touch Pro
| Pagepool: 24

Rom: Energy 'GTX-Themed' | July 28 | 23569 | Sense 2.5 | CHT 1.8.5

Radio: 1.14.25.35 | WimoSpeed Overclocked Stable @ 729.6mhz (raph1000)

[Guide] UC Backup for Raphael using Sashimi

[Guide] Microsoft Voice Command (MSVC)