Faq - tips and tricks - troubleshooting
Please update your signature.
"A general rule if you don't see your unique problem mentioned anywhere in this thread, chances are you're the only one with the problem and YOU did something to cause it.
The random hard reset problems have been around for a while. I've never experienced them myself, but I bet it has something to do corrupted blocks in your internal flash chip. I recommend searching the forum for raphdiag.nbh and using it to format your flash storage.. then install the ROM again"
"Please remember that there are a lot of variables here and the ROM is just one of them. You may have any number of the following issues:
1) a bad flash
2) an incompatibility issue
3) a settings problem
4) a large RF source in your pants
If several people all determine that they have done XYZ and have problem ABC it may be that NGR can do something about it. Until such time, you have some troubleshooting to do. Namely;
1) Flash the stock ROM and spend a few days noting the behavior as you add your software
2) Flash an NRG ROM and use it a few days without adding software
3) start adding software until the problem occurs."
BATTERY SAVING TIPS
• There is nothing special about this ROM to make it use more power than other ROMs except that it is tweaked for performance over battery life.
• Make sure you follow all of the flashing instructions to the letter. Especially the part about the hard reset
• Backlight is set to high. You might want to change that.
• 3G is on by default. Recommendation is to turn it off when you are not surfing the internet.
• If your radio does not match your rilphone.dll you can get crazy bad battery drainage. Make sure they match. There is a separate thread for that.
• Check to see that some application is not still running in the background. Check, do not assume. USe the full Task Manager application.
• Check to see if the screen is still on when you expect it to be off. Soft reset can fix that issue.
• Some radios work better with some carriers and locations. Asking everyone to tell you what radio to use may not give you the best answer. Be specific about your situation.
• The battery meter will not settle down and give accurate readings for a few battery cycles. Give it a while.
• For the first few battery charging cycles, try to charge to 100% with phone off and then allow battery to drain down quite a bit before recharging. Thisis so the meter will calulate drain well.
• Don't drain your batery all the way down until it dies. Not good for these types of batteries.
• The GPS sucks the battery dry. If you want to keep track of yourself, consider something like GPSToday that only wakes up the GPS once in a while.
• Maybe you don't really need aGPS enabled. Disable and check GPS lock times and battery drain.
• Applications that run from the storage card consume more power so install oft-used or background-type applications to main memory.
TIPS AND TRICKS
You can change how many items are displayed in the menus
. Go to hklm\software\htc\htcmenus and change the number of items in landscape or portrait and reboot.
You have to use showaco's chome editor
to edit the softkeys in titanium
. The included SoftKey Manager only works with TF3D. - kwill
Need a slightly larger clickable area in the upper-right corner
? nrgz28 says:
one these flipped to 1 will make the area more clickable
Does your phone's clock jump one (1) hour off when you sync
(ActiveSync or Mobile Device Center) with your PC? Maybe you need to install a Daylight Saving Time patch from Microsoft found HERE
does not play nice with the new (>=20090709) Home screen.
TIPS AND TWEAKS/FAQS FROM PREVIOUS THREAD HERE