nk02's ION Multi5 modded for TW Magic users
I must thank nk02 for his great rom!!
and Amon_RA for his detailed instructions on repacking and signing update.zip
I modded nk02's most recent rom (full with root access) and tested it ok on my TW HTC branded magic (PVT 32A, CPLD-12)
BE WARNED that I take no responsibility for any loss caused by flashing the rom of your magic. You need to do it at your own risk. But I'll prove that I made it with some screenshots. If you have never successfully flashed any rom before, please DON'T begin it with my post
All the files needed to make this possible are included in the file packge...
--- steps in grey color are no longer needed in rev1 of update.zip
1. adb push update.zip /sdcard/update.zip
2. fastboot boot recovery-RAv1.img
3. Run nandroid to backup your entire phone ***very important***
4. wipe the system
5. apply the update
after successfully booted,
6. on your pc, run "adb remount"
7. run "adb push wlan.ko /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko" to make wifi work
8. navigate to setting on your phone to activate installation of unknown sources
9. run "adb push HTC_CIME.pak to /sdcard/HTC_CIME.pak" to transfer chinese input plugin to sdcard
10. run HTC_CIME using ASTRO which has been bundled with the rom.
you can also flash recovery-RAv1.img to make it permanent (not a must)
11. in fastboot mode, run "fastboot flash recovery recovery-RAv1.img"
have been pushed into the rom
2. original magic ringtones are copied into this rom (i like "Innovation.ogg"), so G1 and G2 ringtones are all put together.
3. Confirmed that H (hsdpa) sign is missing but its speed is there.
In addition to the root access, increased touch sensitivity seems to be another important benefit of flashing this rom...My personal experience of using magic (TW changhua version) is that I can hardly control it with my finger when it is not held in the hand (like placed on the desktop or in the holder attached to the car windshield). I don't know why. Because I have both iphone and magic, i can easily tell the difference and the low insensitivity of the magic's touch panel. However, after i flashed this rom, i could easily make selections, zoom in and zoom out on magic even without holding it in the hand.
Anyway, benefits of flashing this rom
increased touch sensitivity (according to my personal experience)
lighter rom --> faster operating speed
Problems to be solved:
tethering does not work (working on it now)
APN needs to be manually inputed