Originally Posted by zkyevolved
Hey guys, I've got a question. I started reading this thread since page one and I've gone through so many pages, and what I'd like know is where did the instructions go on the page on how to flash this rom?
I'm a complete n00b and I don't know how to flash any roms on this phone, but i'd like to. Many people in the thread stated that the first post showed how to.
Is "Rename it in update.zip
copy to sd
reboot (pressing home+power)
Can anyone give a step by step post / thread on how to update to this rom? Thanks a bunch!
I'm also a complete noob to android. Here's what I did to get this HERO working on my Ion (magic):
- First, you need to root your magic, GO HERE
... I used Method 2.
- Make sure you download the right recovery image for your magic. HERE
If your magic is vodafone branded, download RAv1.1.1G. Rogers and unbranded versions download RAv1.1.1H.
- Make sure you do a nandroid backup first.
- Once you root your magic, download Fatal1ty's Hero v1.4 rom on this thread
- Rename the zip to "update.zip"
- Copy to sd card
- Power off your phone
- With the USB plugged in, hold the Back and Power keys (to get back in the fastboot mode)
- Open up DOS Command Prompt under windows
- type those cd commands to redirect to your tool directory of your extract sdk you downloaded (Ex: c:\android\sdk\tools)
- Still under the command prompt, type this: fastboot boot recovery-Av1.1.1.H.img
or fastboot boot recovery-Av1.1.1.G.img
- On your phone screen, select "Wipe data/factory reset"
- After it finishes that, select "Apple sdcard:update.zip"
- Will take a couple of minutes
- Reset phone and you should be in the HERO rom. (Make sure you unplug your USB)
- Initial boot up going into the new rom will take a while. have patient.
Hope this helps.