Thanks Meter: 65

By nephron, Senior Member on 2nd July 2009, 10:58 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
3rd July 2009, 05:45 PM |#21  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 651

More
Fastboot
Hey i was learning more about Fastboot when i came across this http://www.gotontheinter.net/content...ot-cheat-sheet

I saw that a partition it listed was cache n it said its used by tmobile for ota updates. I am in canada n am on fido so im wondering for those who dont do ota updates, can we somehow utilize this space ?

Thanks

3rd July 2009, 10:08 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
First of all thanks for all the comments and advice. Im gonna put up some commands for ADB and some more info along the way. What i found is that for people that dont use the command prompt a lot its easier to have a user interface. Thats why i included the ADB File Explorer which removes the need for any commands in the cmd.
3rd July 2009, 11:07 PM |#23  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,550

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldc

I think the problems are due to the calendar being active when the file gets replaced.

Or it depends on some other program that needs it
4th July 2009, 11:17 PM |#24  
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1022

Or it depends on some other program that needs it

Possibly that too. But replacing calendar.apk&calendarprovider.apk while the phone was in recovery got me a working calendar and the widget style I want (tho the widget doesn't update, but that's a known issue). So, whatever was causing the problem, replacing while in recovery (after having cleared calendar data before the replace) took care of it.
5th July 2009, 12:42 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
I could help assist with ADB as well (shall just pull it from my guide) as well as attach some BAT files to make things a lot easier for those who have a working ADB.

As for someone who asked for a Nandroid guide, the one provided is pretty easy already as it gives you a user interface so you just press a button and off it goes. Alternatively just use Cyanogen's latest recovery image (check my sig) and flash that as you can do a nandroid restore straight from your mobile phone ^_^
5th July 2009, 09:31 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
BAT files would be nice, but i included the ADB File Explorer which has a UI so its much easier than using any type of cmd. As for a nandroid guide, im still working on it. Its just that i have never used a nandroid backup and still learning myself.
5th July 2009, 10:12 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Added Nandroid Backup and Restore Guide!
5th July 2009, 10:13 AM |#28  

More
Nandroid is really easy to use and the guide up atm I feel is sufficient enough. If you want though I can write a guide no problems for it plus screenshots. Just throw me a PM ^_^

BAT files make life a hell of a lot easier though that's for sure for many things.
5th July 2009, 10:21 AM |#29  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
i made the nandroid backup guide small becuase most people that are new to this whole developing stuff dont really know how to use a cmd or are too scared to use one. I used the cm recovery method because it is short, easy, and effective. I can post screenshots as well, but as of right now i find them un necessery. Thanks for the help though
5th July 2009, 10:25 AM |#30  

More
It would be useful though in my opinion to do one using ADB as there might be others who have not flashed Cyanogen's recovery image or want to flash a different version of their backups for comparison use.

Its not difficult and there is even a GUI (graphical user interface) for people to click on for a full Nandroid restore. It even checks that you have the right files ready to flash and if ADB works.

Its your call though as I too have quite a lot of Android newbie friendly guides on my website waiting to be uploaded.
5th July 2009, 10:30 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
can you pm the link to the GUI for the nandroid backup and i will add it to my guide? i always knew there was one, but never bothered to check becuase i always use my latest backups....

Ya i bet you have hella guide, thanks for the help btw, im just writing as i learn hahahhahaha

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, fastboot, guide, noob
Previous Thread Next Thread