Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,160 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUT] [Samsung SGH-i637] Hacks

Tip us?

crt60
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2827

DONATE TO ME
Default [TUT] [Samsung SGH-i637] Hacks

Here is a collection of some hacks that I have found for the Samsung Jack. I hope you all find it useful. Hopefully we can get a collection of hacks on this thread to tailor our Jacks the way we like.

To reset the handset’s factory settings, via buttons, follow the steps below:

WARNING: This Reset will Delete ALL added Data from the Handsets Memory
When the handset is powered off, Press and Hold the 5 key then power on the handset
Press either the 1 key (Master Clear) or 2 key (Master Reset) at the Format Menu screen then press the Y key (Yes) at the confirmation prompt

Note: To turn the SGH-I637 (Jack) on or off simply Press & Hold the power button , located on the upper left side of the handset.

ADMIN settings-
You do not have to unlock security on the phone to be able to do this...

1) From the home screen type in *#1546792*#

2) pick 3 for network and call settings

3) Set network order to Auto, and network mode to auto

***Alternate***
In the \Windows directory there is a program called Adminsettings.exe. You can create a short cut in the Startmenu and not have to type out all of the
numbers.

Unlock security on the Jack-

http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=por...t=news&id=7565

• The first step of removing the security limitations is to download the ClearSecurity file.
• Next, connect the Samsung Jack to the computer and move the file to the device through ActiveSync.
• Install ClearSecurity and launch Microsoft’s Security Configuration Manager.
• Select Security Off from the drop down menu and click the Provision button, the program will install a file called Tool.
• Run a registry editor program like Total Commander or Mobile Registry Editor and delete the key ForceCellConnection from:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Comm>InternetSharing>Settings.

Make sure after you are done with the unlock procedure that you uninstall clearsecurity.cab, it will be called "SOTI MobiControl Device Agent" in remove

programs.

So far, the only button I have found to be able to reprogram is the AT&T button on the bottom left of the keyboard. It invokes MediaNet.lnk in the
\Windows directory. You can modify the shortcut to point to whatever program you want.

fernandezhjr
Old
Thanks Meter 412
How about some tweaks as well.

Change StartMenu from grid view to list view:
HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Shell > StartMenu > Gridview. Change the value from 1 to 0.

Arrange the StartMenu list in the order that you want it:
HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Shell > StartMenu > Order. Just edit the values placing them in the order you want them to appear in the start menu.

Delete shortcuts in the StartMenu you do not want:
This requires the phone to be app unlocked. Install Total Commander V. 2.51 and navigate to the StartMenu folder in the Windows directory. Total Commander will allow you to delete shortcuts where Windows won't.

Change ringtone size limitation:
HKCU > ControlPanel > Sounds > FileSizeLimit. Just edit the value to any size you'd like.

Add custom alert tones to the default lists, without them appearing in the ringtone list:
HKCU > ControlPanel > Sounds > AllSounds. Add the the file name to the value list and then drop the file itself into the Windows system directory. It will appear in the settings lists.

Disable the AT&T sliding panel, if using the sliding panels homescreen:
HKLM > Software > Microsoft > CHome > CCustomPlugin1 > Disabled. Change the value from 0 to 1.

Disable threaded messaging:
HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Inbox > Settings > OEM > SMSInboxThreadingDisabled. Change the value from 0 to 1.

crt60
Old
Thanks Meter 2827

DONATE TO ME
Cool tweaks is good too, Thanks.

fernandezhjr
Old
Thanks Meter 412
Disable 3G in the Settings menu:
The phone will need to be app unlocked. Navigate to the following registry key, HKLM > Security> Phone > ManualDisable, and change the value from 1 to 0. Exit the registry. Go to Settings > Phone > Networks. Change Network selection to Manual. Hit the Menu option on the lower righthand corner and choose Select a Network. Depending on the signals you are picking up, you will get GSM and/or 3G. You may see GSM more than once if you are picking up a signal from more than one tower. If you get two, try both to see which gives you a better signal of the two. Improvement with signal and battery life will be minimal, depending on the area. It did help me with dropped calls.

The pocketnow.com site has dropped the app unlock article. However the 1800pocketpc.com one is still up. However, some are posting there that they are not having success with the process. Last I checked, megaupload.com was still hosting the clearsecurity cab. If you are going to try it. You better do it quick. Seems like Microsoft and/or AT&T may be working to put a stop to the unlocking.

http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2009/06/...l#dsq-comments

crt60
Old
Thanks Meter 2827

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandezhjr View Post
Disable 3G in the Settings menu:
The phone will need to be app unlocked. Navigate to the following registry key, HKLM > Security> Phone > ManualDisable, and change the value from 1 to 0. Exit the registry. Go to Settings > Phone > Networks. Change Network selection to Manual. Hit the Menu option on the lower righthand corner and choose Select a Network. Depending on the signals you are picking up, you will get GSM and/or 3G. You may see GSM more than once if you are picking up a signal from more than one tower. If you get two, try both to see which gives you a better signal of the two. Improvement with signal and battery life will be minimal, depending on the area. It did help me with dropped calls.

The pocketnow.com site has dropped the app unlock article. However the 1800pocketpc.com one is still up. However, some are posting there that they are not having success with the process. Last I checked, megaupload.com was still hosting the clearsecurity cab. If you are going to try it. You better do it quick. Seems like Microsoft and/or AT&T may be working to put a stop to the unlocking.

http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2009/06/...l#dsq-comments
Nonsense, here it is...
Attached Files
File Type: cab ClearSecurity.cab - [Click for QR Code] (547.2 KB, 2103 views)

jonrobertd
Old
(Last edited by jonrobertd; 8th July 2009 at 07:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Where would I look to explore changing the GPS key to launch Garmin instead of ATT crapigator.
Or is it possible to change the target file on the att nav shortcut?

after rereading I guess not. still looking tho

mislatero
Old
Thanks Meter 1
this is the best plugin for unlock windows mobile:

http://motoqspanish.com/foro/viewtop...c7970a9576c525

coppertop
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is anyone else having trouble running Microsoft's Security Configurator? Running a Vista machine and as soon as the program runs, I get an error that shuts down the program.

I was able to install ClearSecurity but can't get into the configurator to drop the security settings.

jonrobertd
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Won't run in Vista. Sorry

coppertop
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well that just sucks.