Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Here's the T-Mobile My Touch ROM

OP hotweiss

7th July 2009, 10:29 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 81

1,210 posts
More
maxisma Could you tell me what did you do to get the wifi? I want to try it. I tried with a wlan module from smartphone rom without success.

Thank you.

BR.
9th July 2009, 01:49 AM   |  #32  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 45

597 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by birchboi96

yea me too. thats the whole reason i even tried to flash this rom on my ion, i tried to push some apps over like myfaves,im but no luck

I pushed MyFaves app into my Ion and it worked perfectly. I hate how it creates the myFaves contacts so I removed it.
Last edited by bachviet; 9th July 2009 at 02:09 AM.
9th July 2009, 04:51 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 0

50 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachviet

I pushed MyFaves app into my Ion and it worked perfectly. I hate how it creates the myFaves contacts so I removed it.

how exactly did u manage to pull that off can u please tell me how i been trying for so long
9th July 2009, 06:42 AM   |  #34  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 45

597 posts
More
Quote:

how exactly did u manage to pull that off can u please tell me how i been trying for so long

After I extracted MyFaves.apk from the myTouch 3G ROM, I used these commands to place the file in my Ion:

1. adb remount
2. adb push <file path>/MyFaves.apk /system/app
3. adb shell reboot

I am currently running nr02's Ion r4 full ROM.

14th August 2009, 08:43 PM   |  #35  

50 posts
Quote:

i installed this rom on my spare google ion the wifi,bluetooth and rotation dont work can some please rebuild it to work on these phones i would myself but cant with my very limited computer. thanks i would greatly appreciate it if some can help me out

Did anyone ever figure this out? I put Cyanogen's 3.9.10 on my Mytouch, and while I appreciate all the work the guy has done, there are still a few things that prevent me from being totally happy with it. So I put this ROM on thinking I would get back to the stock T-Mobile build but the Wifi, Bluetooth, and rotation sensors are broken for me too. (So I guess this isn't an actual dump of the retail image but something rebuilt to be close? But if it was rebuilt then why not bother adding root?)

EDIT: Eh, nevermind. I ended up downloading the official OTA release, resigning it, and flashing that. Which of course works just fine. Note to anyone else that wants to do this -- the OTA contains a recovery image (and radio image) as well so it will overwrite yours. Afterward follow the instructions in the "How To Root" thread on using fastboot to re-install a custom recovery image.
Last edited by atomtom; 14th August 2009 at 11:21 PM.
14th August 2009, 11:33 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 4

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomtom

Did anyone ever figure this out? I put Cyanogen's 3.9.10 on my Mytouch, and while I appreciate all the work the guy has done, there are still a few things that prevent me from being totally happy with it. So I put this ROM on thinking I would get back to the stock T-Mobile build but the Wifi, Bluetooth, and rotation sensors are broken for me too. (So I guess this isn't an actual dump of the retail image but something rebuilt to be close? But if it was rebuilt then why not bother adding root?)

EDIT: Eh, nevermind. I ended up downloading the official OTA release, resigning it, and flashing that. Which of course works just fine. Note to anyone else that wants to do this -- the OTA contains a recovery image (and radio image) as well so it will overwrite yours. Afterward follow the instructions in the "How To Root" thread on using fastboot to re-install a custom recovery image.

I'm sorry, but I'm a noob in the Android world...Would you mind giving me a few more details as to how you got the OTA release and got it rooted again. I just rooted my MT3G yesterday, updated to this ROM today and now I have the issue with the WiFi,BT, and Accelerometers.

Any help you could give me is very much appreciated!
15th August 2009, 02:05 AM   |  #37  

50 posts
Well, first of all you don't get root with this ROM. It really is just the stock T-Mobile build. (The SPL is left alone so you can flash something else later though.)

I didn't take notes on the process, but I think this is the order.

Thread with the OTA update is:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=536705

Download the file in the post, and then download the AndroidMod.zip file with the test keys and signing tool:

http://rapidshare.com/files/166164961/AndroidMod.zip

Unzip the AndroidMod.zip and copy the OTA zip to the AndroidMod/SignApk dir, then run:

Code:
java -jar signapk.jar testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 signed-opal-ota-150449.95700137.zip update.zip
Copy the update.zip file to your SD card and flash it as normal. It will update the system, radio, and recovery images. System we want obviously, radio should be the same 32B as you already have so that doesn't matter, but you do lose your recovery image. Not only that but the T-Mobile recovery image will be re-flashed on boot if you try to install another. So looking at this thread...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=4029315

...we see how to override this behavior.

Quote:

Code:
1. Boot the device in fastboot mode.
2. Connect the device to your machine over USB.
3. fastboot boot recovery-RAv1.2.0G.img
      Wait for a minute or two..
    adb shell mount -a
      Ignore the failed mounts...
    adb push recovery-RAv1.2.0G.img /system/recovery.img
    adb push recovery-RAv1.2.0G.img /sdcard/recovery-RAv1.2.0G.img
    adb shell flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RAv1.2.0G.img
4. Reboot

At this point you should have the 1.33.2005 SPL you started with, the 32B radio, the 32B RAv1.2.0G recovery image, and the T-Mobile myTouch system image.

I've been using this all today and haven't found any issues. Works as well as it did out of the box and is ready for flashing a custom ROM when you feel like diving in again.
Last edited by atomtom; 15th August 2009 at 02:47 AM. Reason: I was wrong about fixing the recovery image.
15th August 2009, 04:55 AM   |  #38  

50 posts
And just for completeness, here's how to add root/superuser access to the stock ROM.

I actually did this in a roundabout manner as I was learning, but here I'll list the simple version that should work. If not let me know and I'll try and recreate the full version.

EDIT: After some feedback I have changed the instructions for step #4 and added #5 and #6. (They used to be all one step in recovery mode, but the apk install doesn't work that way.)

1. Download the Superuser archive here and unzip it.

2. Boot in to the recovery image and connect the USB cable.

3. Have the recovery image mount the filesystems. (There may be errors. Ignore.)
Code:
adb shell mount -a
4. In the new Superuser dir run the commands
Code:
adb push bin/su /system/bin
adb shell chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
5. Reboot in to normal mode. Enable Non-Market apps and USB debugging (default off in this ROM.)

6. In the Superuser dir run:
Code:
adb uninstall koushikdutta.superuser
adb install bin/Superuser.apk

The uninstall command should fail of course.

Now try running an app that requires root access and the Superuser Whitelist should come up and work as expected.
Last edited by atomtom; 17th August 2009 at 03:34 PM.
15th August 2009, 05:45 AM   |  #39  

63 posts
Atomtom...Thanks for your help. I've been up for 18 hours so, I think I'll take a crack at this tomorrow. I'll let you you know how it goes!
15th August 2009, 10:14 PM   |  #40  

63 posts
Talking
Thank you so much. I now have the OTA update ROM flashed and have WiFi, BT, and Accelerometers! However the rooting process failed on the last command. I get...

C:\android-sdk\mt3g\Superuser>adb install bin/Superuser.apk
376 KB/s (18880 bytes in 0.049s)
/sbin/sh: pm: not found

It was the same error I got on the "uninstall" command that you told me to expect, so I thought I could ignore. However after installing a tethering app that requires root, it complains my kernal doesn't have appropriate features. "No Netfilter".

I'm assuming this has to do with Root access. Do you know if you got the same error installing??

I'll have to try some other app to confirm. But Thanks again!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread