Easiest way ever to install win7 on shift
I had many difficulties to install windows 7 to my shift, maybe because of my USB stick. And then every guide was a little bit complicated - too many instructions, too many steps, too easy to make a mistake and then go back to the beginning..
Didn't want to buy an external dvd-drive either..
Anyway, all this before I found this article.
Check this out
Installing Windows 7 without using a DVD or USB via direct method - No USB stick required. No USB drive required
In this method we install Windows 7 on a clean partition like the normal DVD boot method. Only change is we don’t use a DVD drive in this guide. Please follow the below instructions carefully and don’t skip any steps to make things quickly!
1. Download the Windows 7 ISO files from Microsoft. I hope you have already downloaded one.
2. Download and install Virtual Clone Drive from http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html
3. Firstly, go to the directory where you have saved Windows 7 ISO file. Right-click on the ISO file, select Open with and then select “Mount files with Virtual Clone Drive” to mount your ISO file.
4. Go back to My Computer (or Just Computer) and then double-click on the Virtual Clone Drive icon to start Windows 7 installation process.
Yes, you are installing Windows 7 without a DVD or USB drive!
5. Next, follow the normal Windows 7 installation procedure to finish the installation. Windows may restart during the install process. Worry not, everything will go fine.
P.S Any good site to download NON-aero themes?