WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19b back in February, they took the tech … more

Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Solved] Unable to flash from update.zip

OP h.nocturna

7th July 2009, 01:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53

1,018 posts
Hi, I have a problem with my G1, I've been flashing new ROMs here and there as soon as they come out basically. Now, the last ROM I attempted to flash was Drizzy's Modified JACHero ROM updated on July 6th. From then on, my flashes never complete and the G1 continues in the typical HTC/HERO bootloop. I even tried flashing a new recovery image (that didn't work, only way to get it to take was flashing the RAW image from fastboot). I tried flashing a non-hero ROM (Cyanogen's newest release 3.6.2) and it still goes into the HERO/HTC bootloop (whaaa?). So the only conclusion I can come to is that the device is no longer able to take new flashes from update.zip.

However, I have noticed in the recovery menu while I'm trying to flash, the status bar stops moving at:
Formatting DATA:...
Copying files...

After that it jumps rapidly to Formatting BOOT:... to Writing BOOT... then installation complete. Without the status bar every completely reaching 100%.

If anyone has/had this problem and knows how to solve it, could you please please please let me know? Right now I'm sitting with a paperweight... =/ Thanks.
Last edited by h.nocturna; 7th July 2009 at 05:57 AM.
7th July 2009, 02:14 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

295 posts
reflash rc29 had that issue before i redid root access and all was well
7th July 2009, 02:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

1,018 posts
Attempting now... Thanks for the advice. =)
Will Edit with update when I've finished.

OK I downloaded the RC29 and put it on my SD card, but when I try to go into the bootloader to flash it like normal, there is not instruction screen to allow me to update DREAMIMG.nbh, it just shows the fastboot screen with androids on skateboard? How to do I flash it from here? Is there a command from fastboot?
Last edited by h.nocturna; 7th July 2009 at 02:40 AM.
7th July 2009, 02:42 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

295 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by h.nocturna

Attempting now... Thanks for the advice. =)
Will Edit with update when I've finished.

OK I downloaded the RC29 and put it on my SD card, but when I try to go into the bootloader to flash it like normal, there is not instruction screen to allow me to update DREAMIMG.nbh, it just shows the fastboot screen with androids on skateboard? How to do I flash it from here? Is there a command from fastboot?

did you use power + camera or power + back button

power + camera should just auto install
7th July 2009, 04:58 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

1,018 posts
NVM! Thanks rigamrts, I didn't have the SD Card in haha. Got everything fixed and running again. Can't thank you enough for all your help.
7th July 2009, 05:05 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 63

732 posts
Donate to Me
More
lol, very nice. Can you changed your title and put [Solved] in it please? Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread