I've always found it a little hassle to go into Comm manager, turn on WiFi and then go out and launch Opera when wanting to surf with my TD2. And then turning of WiFi when done.
So I decided to code my own application that does this in one click. Ideal for setting it as the default app for the Long Press on End button.
What does it do:
- Activates WiFi & connects to preferred access point
- Shows connection strength, IP, SSID name, speed, statistics and authentication mode
- Able to launch Opera browser with the same button that enables WiFi
- Turn off WiFi when done
- One-Click Launch
Limitations in this version
- The Disconnect Data button is not implemented yet, also coming in next versions (hopefully)
- Implement Disconnect Data
- Added One Click setting. When enabled it activates and launches Opera without need for user interaction.
- More fingerfriendly (thanks for the images RDT)
- Optimized code / cleanup
Issues / Not tested:
- I'm not sure the one click setting closing Opera on exit works on all devices.
- Still not generic, you must have OperaL.exe in your windows folder unless its already there (stock ROM)
- Data disabled still not implemented, hoping it will work soon with the help of Paul from Modaco.
- Added Usage Statistics
- Added Network Speed
- New UI Icon controled, much more fingerfriendly
- 70% of code rewritten
- Better performance
- VGA version up
- Generic version, works with all devices now
- If Opera is not installed it will automatically launch Internet Explorer
- Code cleanup