How to unpack apk file

OP alex_time

14th July 2009, 04:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Benedetto del Tronto
Thanks Meter: 0

248 posts
More
Hi, I am using the iskoot software, installed by an apk files. But I need to change a setting of this software, and in Windows Mobile I used to change the registry setting I need, but now, we do not have a registry....so what I am asking is, there is a way to unpack an apk files to see where and wich files it install? So that I can go there and edit the conf file I need?

Thanks!
14th July 2009, 04:59 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 14

1,853 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_time

Hi, I am using the iskoot software, installed by an apk files. But I need to change a setting of this software, and in Windows Mobile I used to change the registry setting I need, but now, we do not have a registry....so what I am asking is, there is a way to unpack an apk files to see where and wich files it install? So that I can go there and edit the conf file I need?

Thanks!

apks are just zip files. Set them to open with your archive manager or change the extension to .zip. All applications install their settings into /data/data/%PACKAGENAME% where %PACKAGENAME% is the Java-style package name of the app.
The Following User Says Thank You to jashsu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2009, 06:43 PM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 96

2,645 posts
Ugh, no need to use the evil "R" word here. You're going to give us nightmares!

Each application stores its configurations/settings in its home directory in /data/data as pointed out by the previous poster. You might want to bone up on 'sqlite3' as most configuration settings tend to be stored in such databases.

Quote:

Thanks!

15th July 2009, 08:29 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Benedetto del Tronto

248 posts
More
I'am trying right now to find this confing files, thanks, I'll let you know if it's ok.
15th July 2009, 02:29 PM   |  #5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 96

2,645 posts
Note that depending on what you are trying to do, the config files may or may not be able to adjust the property you're after. No matter what, the program itself must support what you are trying to do (this goes for ALL OS's -- you simply can't change something that is irrelevant and expect it to do what you want) and more often than not, the ability to adjust that property would be presented by the program itself.

That is, of course, not to say that manually adjusting the config files is useless, because there IS a lot you can do directly from the config files.

Quote:

I'am trying right now to find this confing files, thanks, I'll let you know if it's ok.

10th November 2009, 03:38 AM   |  #6  
Flag Phoenix, AZ, USA
Thanks Meter: 29

259 posts
More
Er, delete please
Last edited by staulkor; 10th November 2009 at 03:41 AM.
24th April 2010, 08:37 AM   |  #7  

4 posts
Red face Modify an " .apk " file in " .exe " file
Hi everybody ,

Please , does anyone know how
I can modify an Android Mobile File .apk
in a .exe to use it with Windows Mobile ?
24th April 2010, 01:05 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 3

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccpgclap

Hi everybody ,

No, they have absolutely nothing in common.
1st May 2010, 08:07 AM   |  #9  

4 posts
Lightbulb Modify an " .apk " file in " .exe " file
Originally Posted by ccpgclap View Post
Hi everybody ,

Originally Posted by RubenGM View Post
No, they have absolutely nothing in common.

Originally Posted by ccpgclap View Post

But I have found this and it doesn't work ....

Download APK2EXE and NSIS install system

Follow these steps to create your executable!

* Extract APK2EXE to a new directory
* Add your APK to the directory
* Doubleclick APK2EXE.NSI and edit the 3 lines containing information about your application.
* Right click the NSI file, and select 'Compile NSIS Script' - this will create your install EXE
* Done!

And it is a .apk to .exe converter !!!
Can anyone tell me why it doesn't work ? Many thanks
Last edited by ccpgclap; 1st May 2010 at 09:32 AM. Reason: To be complete with explanation
6th August 2010, 12:55 AM   |  #10  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 11

143 posts
More
because your trying to run a Android application on Windows.

it's like saying I want to make this MAC application run on windows.. it just doesn't work..

I dont care what programs say.. Its not coded for Windows so it wont understand what the program does...

BTW you application you speak of is meant to install APK's FROM windows not TO windows

"Hot on the heels of my installAPK utility to let you install APKs from your Windows desktop, I now have another neat trick... which allows developers to distribute APKs as Windows EXE files instead."
Last edited by boostnek9; 6th August 2010 at 01:21 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread