Please do not trust your livelihood to something you have not tested, running on a custom ROM, built on top of a beta operating system with a UI ported from another device!
If you depend on it, test it first. After finding a version that works well for you, I recommend keeping a personal backup. That way if you flash
a newer version and problems are found, you have something to restore to.
When you download a ROM, it is a compressed file, such as 7Z or ZIP.
If you cannot extract the ROM from the archive, get a recent copy of 7ZIP or WinRar.
Do not post about a bad archive without doing this.
WHEN POSTING / IN GENERAL OR A QUESTION OR REQUEST FOR HELP
1. Post which version of the ROM - Sense 2.1, Sense 2.5, Cookie, Max Sense, Titanium, Max Manila, GTXBASIC TROUBLESHOOTING
2. Post which windows version - 21907 or 23569
3. Accurately describe the problem. For visual issues, post screen shots. Shake And Save is included at Start->Tools
4. Wait at least 1 or 2 days, if not more before resposting. I personally read every post in this thread. I do this on my own time.
5. Describe things you have tried.
6. Provide step by step actions to reproduce when possible. Such as: Go to message tab. Press icon in upper right to start new message. Not: Start a new text message. Why? There is more than 1 way to do most things. Not all ways lead to problems. Provide your specific way to reproduce it.
7. Thread title might show a later date than the available ROMs. Here's why - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=26583 so, don't post about it, unless it is more than 2 days later than the thread title and there aren't already posts about it.
"Please remember that there are a lot of variables here and the ROM is just one of them. You may have any number of the following issues:
1) a bad flash
2) an application incompatibility issue
3) a simple settings problem
4) a large RF source in your pants
If several people all determine that they have done XYZ and have problem ABC it may be that our chef can do something about it. Until such time, you have some troubleshooting to do. Namely;
1) Check your settings, sometimes, that is all it takes
2) Reset and test again
3) Hard Reset and test again
4) Flash the stock ROM and spend a few days noting the behavior as you add your software
5) Flash an NRG ROM and use it a few days without adding software
6) Start adding software until the problem occurs."
These ROMs are For GSM. For CDMA, Click Here to go to the Herman Energy ROM thread PPCGeeks.com
See my post here which adds a little more detail: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=27215
for the Rhodium Video Caller.
for instructions to install a dialer, a link to the Huashan dialer.
BATTERY SAVING TIPS
The first few days
• There is nothing special about this ROM to make it use more power than other ROMs except that it is tweaked for performance over battery life. After things have settled down, you should get a couple of days usage out of a charge.
• Immediately after flashing, you will probably observe very poor battery performance. This is due to the charging circuit having to reset itself.
• The battery meter will not settle down and give accurate readings for a few battery cycles. Give it a few days.
• For the first few battery charging cycles, try to charge to 100% with phone off and then allow battery to drain down quite a bit before recharging. This is so the meter will calculate drain well.
• Make sure you followed all of the flashing instructions to the letter. Especially the part about the hard reset.
• Backlight is set to high. You might want to change that.
• 3G is on by default. Recommendation is to turn it off when you are not surfing the internet.
• Don't drain your batery all the way down until it dies. Not good for these types of batteries.
• The GPS sucks the battery dry. If you want to keep track of yourself, consider something like GPSToday that only wakes up the GPS once in a while.
• Maybe you don't really need aGPS enabled. Disable and check GPS lock times and battery drain.
• Applications that run from the storage card consume more power so install oft-used or background-type applications to main memory.
• If your radio does not match your rilphone.dll you can get crazy bad battery drainage. Use the recommended radio or spend some time working out a good combination for your phone/carrier/location/usage.
• Check to see that some application is not still running in the background. Check, do not assume. USe the full Task Manager application.
• Check to see if the screen is still on when you expect it to be off. Soft reset can fix that issue.
• Some radios work better with some carriers and locations. Asking everyone to tell you what radio to use may not give you the best answer. Be specific about your situation.
• More stuff you should see HERE
If you have tried all the above and still can't get over a day with moderate use, you may actually have a bad battery. Try getting a new one that is made by another manufacturer.
SD CARD WOES
Several people have reported problems with Class 6 SD cards. This is not limited to this ROM. Seems the hardware is finicky. Try Class 4 for better results.
Flashing guide for Noobs: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=448008
New Known Issues with current ROM
Phone settings from 6.5.x build are missing
Link to solution posted here
Known Issues with current ROM
Remap of PTT and Long PTT don't work. Create a short cut to the apps you want. Name them Long_PTT.lnk and Short_PTT.lnk. Copy them to the windows folder.
Or install and use Tarkim's RaphKeyboardMapper and create a rule for PTT (Long and Short).
23xxx series does not use the HTC Volume Control. This is true with all 23xxx ROMs for the Raphael. 2 solutions. MarcLandis Volume Control
located right here on xda-developers.com. Another great solution is VolumeEx
, but it is trialware. I think it is only about $10 to register. It gives some really cool features, such as restoring your volume after a specified time. Perfect for meetings, so you don't forget to turn it back up.
Minor Known Issues with current ROM
1. Music shuts off when you play with no headphones and then shut off the
screen with the button on top. Not an issue when playing through wired headphones or A2DP devices. Also, not an issue if you just wait for the screen to shut off.
2. 23xxx series ROMs don't rotate apps through the G-Sensor. There are 3rd party apps to handle this, such as ChangeScreen or Gyrator. (I have nto tried Gyrator).
Originally Posted by benjamminzIS
it is known that restoring hundreds/thousands of sms/emails (or even emails with large attachements) can cause serious lag in the SMS/Email apps...
4. MMS Settings do not set up properly for all carriers. (reported by other users.) Settings for 1 MB send and receive at this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=25628
Note: AT&T send limit is 600k or 614400. AT&T recieve is 1MB or 1024000.
AT&T and probably T-Mobile do not require changing the settings to send an MMS.
Setting limits higher than what your carrier supports will result in a failed send or receive.
Originally Posted by PhantomYoda
For those having problems with ActiveSync, specifically with Windows 7, I got it to work on my system by going to (on the Fuze) Start > Settings > Connections > USB to PC and making sure the ActiveSync radio button was selected, and that the Enable Faster Data Sync was not checked.
Seems Windows 7 and Mobile Device Center have problems when that option is selected.
6. Bluetooth hands free issues: See this post by jmbillings for fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=25949
NRGZ28 has posted that he will cook this in at post #25951
The solution was confirmed to work by the user mdissel at post #25956
7. Sense 2.5 - 2016 has some port issues. Still very good, but any port issues should not be posted in this thread, but instead be posted there: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=711184
8. Delayed issue with lockscreen. Successful results have been posted using this method involving a blank file named WELCOME.NOT on your storage card. Steps in post here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=27706
9. Occastionally you get an invalid unread message count. See this post to fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=26623
Issues in older version that have been corrected
to see corrected issues from previous ROMS.
Links to useful pieces of software
FF Google aGPS Settings Generic
- Dramatically decreae the time to get a GPS lock - Note: I am currently using the original Nokia. I tested the Google one for over a month. The Nokia one gets a lock faster after a flash
- . Enter custom cities for the weather database, and have correct timezone info for it. Includes Backup and Restore.
Multiple more recent versions of Voice Command ported by PyroRob
XDA_UC friendly Voice Command Cab ported by PyroRob, modified by me to not include the setup.dll so it does not launch help
ChangeScreen by 600GOL
- . Allows G Senseor rotation for the 23xxx series builds - Attached to this post is the changescreen config that I use.
Digital Outcast's snooze options
- Gives the various snooze durations, when the alarm goes off.
LaunchHTCVolumeControl_1.0.CAB - that's by me - Exe to Launch the HTC Volume control on 23xxx builds
- no longer works since 23647 or 23121
Tarkim's Keyboard Remapper - RaphKbdControl_GSM.CAB
- Allows remapping of keys.
Can be used to map the volume keys to ren the exe thatt will launch the HTC Volume Control on 23xxx builds.
- Attached to this post is the tarkin key settings that I use to use the volume control.
NRG Font Restore
- Not all apps play well with the font he now cookes in. This reverts it back to Tahoma.
Windows Mobile SMS Skins (All Messages not the Manila Messaging)
A cab for a 3x4 Action Screen
replacement by rcartolano
originally posted here
and cabbed by me.
An update to the 3x4 Action screen Sencity
and some links to Sencity fixes.
Gyrator posted here
with a link to the original website
which may contain updated versions at a later time.
XDA_UC tips and tricks (Rhodium) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=671163
This thread is dedicated to XDA_UC for the Rhodium. It is a great reference.
But, since it is for the Rhodium, refrain from posting anything Fuze or Touch Pro specific.
BenjamminzIS XDA_UC mod and XDA_UC repository - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=684865
Lots of things XDA_UC related in here
Task 29 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=670358
This can be used to avoid the hard reset at screen aliignment.
Please read the directions fully. I personally have not used this yet.
Makisu - http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Sy...er-67742.shtml
Free tool to create xml provisioning files.
Album 3.2 with facebook integration - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=24822
This allows you to click Open Online Album on a contact and lets you use HTC Album to see the users picture that are on facebook.
I created a cab for the Album 3.2 install - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=26576
See the first link for the facebook integration.
Program Tab in Sense 2.5 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=26504
I tested this with Energy ROM - July 2nd - 23569 - Cookie
Worked perfect. It scrolls a whole lot faster than the home screen. And gives access to the All Programs list.
I made a 4 column mod of it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=28
Facebook Tab v1.5 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...t=Facebook+Tab
There is a cab on post #1. Follow the directions. Stop Sense. Install Cab. Run FacebookUtil.exe in program Files\FacebookUtil and configure the settings. Delete Windows\ManilaFull.xml. Delete 51B6F88A_manila. Start Sense.
Advantages: Update status directly from tab. Control frequency of updates.
Launch Facebook app and web page from the tab. More settings.
Delete 51B6F88A_manila to fix slider. It is the mode9 file for that.
GPS Tab - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=342
Tried this. It's kind of cool, but not needed.
Other Links (not tested by me):
DroppedBoxx WM Dropbox Client: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=687534
I use dropbox through the site, but not with my mobile. I haven't fully bought into cloud computing being secure.
I do not run this, since it has caused multiple problems for multiple people regarding postioning and size issues. I also do not recommend using it.
SMS TimeStamp Fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...sms+time+stamp
Uses the phone time, instead of the network time for text message.
Originally Posted by DeadVirus
Since this is a .dll that integrates with the winmo messaging process/service it will not eat your resources constantly.
I personally flash nearly everytime NRGZ28 relases a ROM
In other posts, my signature includes a link to a post that has links to most of my experiences with the more recent ROMs NRGZ28 has released.
Here is that link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=11037
With some flashes I post my XDA_UC on that post I indicate if I posted that.