Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 52,018 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

|July 4|RAPH| ..`..-|Energy| 21916|29022 - Sense 2019 / 2.1 / Titanium

Tip us?

CPCSR
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've been off line for a bit and haven't updated the AT&T Fuze ROM since November. Looking at the posts for business use the 21903 Standard Sense 2.5 looks like the conservative choice and Home Cookie Tab allows you to be more creative. Are those reasonable assumptions? Thanks!

JVH3
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 427

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by penicillin1982 View Post
RE: Dialer picking up phone calls with delay or not picking up at all using slider, with the slider getting stuck on the left side

This issue has been brought up multiple times and I don't think anyone really gave a solution. One solution is to use the Windows Dialer, which has its own faults, but I consider the current dialer is unusable. I don't know why only some people are having the issue with answering calls.

My question is: Does anyone have suggestions for a good alternate dialer?
You could always install the dialer that used to be cooked in.

The thread is started be PyroRob.

There are a few of them in the thread.

A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something. - Plato

JVH3 Energy Rhodium Tips Tricks and ROM Reviews and JVH3 Energy Raph ROM Reviews

Energy ROM FAQs Rhodium or the Rhaphael

Twitter Donations accepted at: Paypal

Created:
Manila 2.1, 2.5 Weather City Editor - Updated 1/5/2011

JVH3
Old
Thanks Meter 427

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPCSR View Post
I've been off line for a bit and haven't updated the AT&T Fuze ROM since November. Looking at the posts for business use the 21903 Standard Sense 2.5 looks like the conservative choice and Home Cookie Tab allows you to be more creative. Are those reasonable assumptions? Thanks!
Reasonable, but I wouldn't even be using Sense 2.5, if not for the Cookie Home Tab.

A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something. - Plato

JVH3 Energy Rhodium Tips Tricks and ROM Reviews and JVH3 Energy Raph ROM Reviews

Created:

JVH3
Old
Thanks Meter 427

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikki84 View Post
Hi dont mean to be rude or anything but The 23569 Build is so f**ing horrible that it shouldn't even be allowed to download. It sucks so much ass that i almost threw my phone on the wall. Maybe when i finally get Tilt2 I wont have to deal with this crap but really The 23569 Build is sooo bad. The other build is perfect and i love it but oh man 23569 build is as bad as a phone sold in 99 cent store. Im not trying to talk sh*t but i know lotta people agree with me. Its way too unstable to be here for download.
You won't be missed. Just go away. I looked at all 8 of your posts. They were worthless, but maybe not as worthless as this.

You did not even state 1 problem that you encountered.

Created:

JVH3
Old
Thanks Meter 427

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAllen View Post

Having said that, and having flashed many ROMs, I have a sense that too many ensuing ROMs still contain problems reported in earlier versions. Now, that is frustrating to say the least. Why put out yet another version of a ROM with the same issues reported in earlier versions. That makes no sense to me. I realize that the position of most "bleeding edge" members is that for many, solutions can be found somewhere in these 2400+ posts if you "use the search feature". If that's so, why aren't those same solutions included in the next version? Again, makes no sense to me, but that is how this forum works and if you can accept that, you will always have new ROMs to keep your device feeling like new. IMHO
NRGZ28 cooks for alot of devices ( Raphael, Herman, Diamond, Pure, HD, HD2, Rhodium.
He also cooks alot of version of each.
2 Windows builds
Sense 2.1, 2.5, Max Manila, Cookie, GTX
So 10 Roms per device.

Some things will get missed. He obviously does not have time to personally test each ROM.

Created:

JamesAllen
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Default It's a matter of philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH3 View Post
NRGZ28 cooks for alot of devices ( Raphael, Herman, Diamond, Pure, HD, HD2, Rhodium.
He also cooks alot of version of each.
2 Windows builds
Sense 2.1, 2.5, Max Manila, Cookie, GTX
So 10 Roms per device.

Some things will get missed. He obviously does not have time to personally test each ROM.
I happen to agree with you and accept the philosophy that the chefs are busy, we want them to be busy jumping on new builds, and members of the forum, like yourself, will fill in the gaps, read the posts and try to identify solutions. I understand and appreciate that and for the most part, it works. However, sometimes the chefs are not aware of all the outstanding issues and it takes them a couple of releases to finally catch up. That can be awfully frustrating for many of us, we expect known problems, especially problems with known solutions, to find their way into the next release. Why not wait a little longer and solve the known issues before building on problematic releases. Why build on a foundation with known problems?

Just a matter of philosophy and I have grown to rather take my chances and get the latest builds, realizing that sometimes there will be frustrations. Some people find it difficult to understand this, and leave. I take the approach of waiting a few days after a new release of 23xxx ROMs and decide whether I want to go through the trouble of finding solutions to problems (or living with problems with no solutions or only partial solutions), or just pass and wait for something that has caught up with known issues.
Current Device
Nokia Lumia 900
OS Version 7.10.8862.144
Firmware Version 2175.2307.8862.13100

Prior Devices
Samsung Focus (ATT) Rev 1.3
Mango 7.10.8107.79
ChevronWP7 Labs Unlocked
Interop Unlocked
WP7 Root Tools 0.9

HTC FUZE (ATT) (HTC-P4600)(RAPH110)
Cingular 8525 WM6 Professional
Cingular 8125

blast0id
Old
Thanks Meter 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH3 View Post
Reasonable, but I wouldn't even be using Sense 2.5, if not for the Cookie Home Tab.
I couldn't agree more... full review post coming in the A.M... gotta spend some time with my munchkin b4 she gets cranky =P

HTC M7 Viper0ne + ElementalX
protected by otterb0x defender

[DEV TOOL] EASYapkTOOLcompilerDECOMPILER
[DEV TOOL] easyFLASHABLEzipBUILDER

┌∩┐(◣◢)┌∩┐ ! HATE the STATE ! ┌∩┐(◣◢)┌∩┐
_ _ _ ! - LIVE FREE IGNORE THE STATE - ! _ _ _
_ _ _ Respect existence or expect RESISTANCE!

DiMaggio / Rapheal / Vision / Ruby / M7
2005 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - &gt;&gt; Today<br>
CLICK HERE FIRST - BEFORE REPLYING!

CPCSR
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you very much!

Xue v.2
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stackover View Post
That is true.

If you install GTX .cab manually you will get no issues in music tab (only portrait I mean, landscape still having issues) and calendar tab will have an issue in year view.

If this two things get fixed I dont need to flash another ROM for a year.

I forgot to thank NRGZ for your great job.

Thank you!!!
I'm sorry, but this GTX.cab should fix the white font over white background on calender tab, no? where is the cab? I have searched 'energy gtx.cab' via search menu but didn't find any,,,

any help will be appreciated,
thx

peeps
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xue v.2 View Post
I'm sorry, but this GTX.cab should fix the white font over white background on calender tab, no? where is the cab? I have searched 'energy gtx.cab' via search menu but didn't find any,,,

any help will be appreciated,
thx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki_EnergyROM View Post
ROM Versions Explained

Standard Sense 2.5:

• Retains the stock functionality of the Sense UI. The files have been compressed by "CFC" compression. making the UI lighter and faster.

MaxManila Version:

• The hometab layout has been changed to add 4 notification icon (calls, calendar, texts, emails). Easy access to those functions by just tapping the icons.
  • Dual clock array
  • The ability to turn different panels/icons on or off, by accessing a hidden settings screen (swipe down to show)
  • Automatic locking ability
  • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <
Cookie HomeTab:

• This is probably the best version and the way Sense should have been designed by HTC.
  • Offers the biggest customization ability out of all versions. You can drag items on the screen to your heart's desire, add/remove bars or items etc
  • Three built in locking screens. "HD Mini" style, Manila style or Windows style.
  • 3 pages of quicklinks with configurable amount of shortcuts displayed
  • So much more...

GTX Themed:

• This is a white themed Sense 2.5 with an older version of the Cookie HomeTab mod, built in.
  • Android styled taskbar
  • Matching dialer
  • Matching start menu background and Action screen background

Titanium Version:

• This is a minimal version without Sense in it. It's used primarily for people that like to customize the default 6.5 homescreen (Titanium)
  • You can use it to install alternate homescreens like SPB Mobile Shell, etc
  • Very low memory footprint and good battery life, but very simple and lacks a lot of features that you would otherwise have available in Sense..
try reading the quoted text from the 1st page....
Nokia Lumia 920 - Cyan
Carrier: AT&T

Tags
.sencity, best rom, dinik, energy, gtx, high quality rom-ness, htc touch pro, maxsense, rom 6.5 raphael energy, sense 2.5, speed(the good kind)