Flashed - 23569 - Cookie - July 2
Flashed from SD card this time. No particular reason. Just wanted to see if it was that much faster.
It took over a minute to copy the RAPHIMG.nbh to the SD card.
It took 7 minutes to flash from the SD.
So, it is faster, but not alot.
I think the main benefit is that it you don't need to worry about your USB connection and can continue using your computer. I will flash from SD from now on for those reasons.
See post #6 for a link to flashing guide for noobs for instructions on how to do this.
About to go through some basic tests before I run XDA_UC. Before I flashed, I renamed my XDA_UC folder so that I could test it first.
Note: These are observed differences, not necessarily problems
1. Dialer no longer has the curtain. I was not a big fan of the curtain, but it did not bother me enough to change it. See BenjamminzIS's posts for how to install the curtain dialer if you want that.
2. Keyboard is defaulted to compact qwerty, which is great. Letters appear to be bold on the on screen keyboard. Noticed that the onscreen keyboard selector displays very quickly. It seems like the SIPs are cached now.
3, As mentioned before, the stock tab is not ported to VGA yet. This is not a ROM problem. In the 2016 thread a solution was posted. From that, I made a zip file that can be used for this ROM and probably any WWE ROM.
This post also contains a zip for the twitter tab fix as well.
4. Music rotation is back. And there is no need for the Kidz Rocks landscape fix. It is perfect. In 2012, it took a while to get the art in landscape. In this, it is immediate. Did some reading in the 2016 thread. Programatix used the Kidz Fix to see what to do for some of it.
5. Like the new ArkSwitch skin.
6. Album does not display the preview in portrait. You can see animation when swiping, but the image is no where to be found. I think this is a port issue. I will retest after applying Album 3.2. Rotate to landscape and back to portrait and they will display correctly until you go to another tab.
Thanks Monfro and BenjamminzIS for posting the solution: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=26312
Note: It is mentioned in the post, but only 675e2983_manila is needed for the fix.
Now I am renaming my XDA_UC folder back to XDA_UC and hard resetting.
Aside from setup, this will add Album 3.2 for me and fix the stock tab.
I have found no other issues that need to be fixed, aside from the manila file for the photos tab and the manila files for the stock tab. And this post has links to post with fixed files for both.
I have also updated post #6 to link to these fixes too.