Same problem here. Turns out that CustomRUU can not run from any folder containing special characters in the name (like £ / or %). Guessing when you unzipped you kept the default name from the HotFiles download (EnergyROM%20RAPHAEL%2020090906%20Standard) for the folder.
Just so happened when you copied the nhb to the other folder it had no % in the name so it worked :) Rename the download something simple (like energyrom.zip) before you unzip it to save any problems on Windows 7.
Dunno if this is limited to Windows 7 or not...
Originally Posted by RandomKillah
Not sure if is helps anyone but I only have Windows 7 as a desktop now and needed a way to flash to the latest EnergyROM. I found the the download in this thread was not working, the CustomRUU was crashing on start no matter what I tried, even compatibility mode. On accident I downloaded an EnergyROM for Rhodium and strangely found that while the image itself was for the wrong phone the CustomRUU actually ran just fine on Windows 7. So, in the Rhodium ROM folder I renamed RHODIMG.nbh.old, copied the RAPHIMG.nbh file into this Rhodium folder and ran CustomRUU. It ran like a champ put my phone into bootloader and updated my ROM from Windows 7. I did have to have the windows mobile device center running and connected t my phone first.
Hope this is useful for someone.