Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I am trying cook my first rom. need some help...

Tip us?

whatabambam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default I am trying cook my first rom. need some help...

Hi, i am trying to cook my first rom but i need some help. I red all those thread for beginners in cooking but i did not found anwer for my question. So, i want make a rom for HTC Touch HD. I want to make this rom at most similar to the shipped rom from Rhodium as it is possible. Now i have extracted stock rom for HD 1.56 WWE. It is build 20769 AKU 1.4.5. As i know some OEMs from Rhodium will not work under builds 21xxx. As i understand the next step what i need to do is to found build from rhoidum and replace it in my rom. The question is where can i find the rhodium build and how replace it? Thank you for help.

EpiphanyNL
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 15
Rhodium packages can be found in the wiki, just download an official Rhodium ROM and dump it, the packages can be found there, only thing I can say, is update packages one at a time and flash afterwards.

an easy to use kitchen:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=469420

whatabambam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you for your reply EpiphanyNL. Now i have extraced both ROMs. Newest for Blackstone and newest for Rhodium. Both of them are shipped ROMs. I can see that in evirus kichen all packages are in this locations:

ROM1\dump\EXT\BlackStone\20769

and

ROM2\dump\EXT\Rhodium\21048

As i understand if i want update package i can just replace folder in blacktone extracted rom by this one from rhodium rom.

Now i need information what files/folders should i replace to make upgrade blackstone rom build from 20769 to 21048. Thank you.

EpiphanyNL
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatabambam View Post
Thank you for your reply EpiphanyNL. Now i have extraced both ROMs. Newest for Blackstone and newest for Rhodium. Both of them are shipped ROMs. I can see that in evirus kichen all packages are in this locations:

ROM1\dump\EXT\BlackStone\20769

and

ROM2\dump\EXT\Rhodium\21048

As i understand if i want update package i can just replace folder in blacktone extracted rom by this one from rhodium rom.

Now i need information what files/folders should i replace to make upgrade blackstone rom build from 20769 to 21048. Thank you.
Just put the packages found in ROM2\dump\EXT\Rhodium\21048 under ROM1\dump\EXT\Shared in a folder called Blackstone_Rhodium_Package or something like that.

I don't know what you mean with upgrade blackstone rom build from 20769 to 21048, there is no 21048 build for the blackstone.
Homer:How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

Samsung Omnia 7 | HTC Flyer 16 GB wifi | Cherry Proline M906

whatabambam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you again for your reply and for your patience. I really want start cooking but i need to be clear with undestanting what i am doing. Now i will try to explain you what i mean when i am talking about those builds.

When you go to setting, system and about item in your device you can see build of your windows mobile which you have flashed. Blackstone shipped rom which i have extracted has build 20769, rhodium shipped rom has 21048. Many times when i flashed my HD the build was different. Sometimes chiefs write on his post about released rom which build of windows mobile it is. Like you can see in post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...73&postcount=2

there is information "CE OS 5.2.21051 (Build 21051.1.6.4)". Even one in your ROMs posts i found information "CE OS 1.59.709.0 & Build 23007".

The thing is that some packages from Rhodium wont work with build of windows mobile lower than 21000. ROM for blackstone which i have extracted has 20769 build so HTC Menu Enchacement package and HTC Nofitication Enchancement package will be not working on it. There is some thing about gwes.exe file.

So all what i need to know is how to make that ROM which i am cooking right now will have build of windows mobile the same like this ROM for rhodium (21048). I am talking about this build which you can check in the settings, system and about item.

I hope that you can undestand what i mean. Anyway sorry for my english if something is hard to undestand.

If i undestand something wrong about build of windows mobile then please explain me what really the build of windows mobile is depend on.

Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to whatabambam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EpiphanyNL
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Hi,

You are welcome, I'm trying to help, but I'm still kind of new to cooking myself. I didn't even know about the HTC Menu enhancement and HTC Notification Enhancement not working on builds before 21000. I don't believe Leo (L26) has a +21000 build and both are working on them.

As I said earlier I'm also just a starter, I have been reading about porting XIP and stuff like that, but that's too advanced for me now.
What I would like to advise you is, start with a shipped blackstone ROM, dump it and cook it.
After that, start updating packages, one by one, flashing after each update. That way you can see, what each package does, what packages work on your OS build etc.

I don't know much about buildnumbers and OS versions, but I believe the last Shipped Blackstone ROM is the easiest way to go for us beginners.

Hope this helps a little.
Homer:How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

Samsung Omnia 7 | HTC Flyer 16 GB wifi | Cherry Proline M906

xmsnx
Old
Thanks Meter 61
No need to create a whole new thread, there are help threads specifically for chefs/kitchens:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=438456
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=515824
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=480714

Look in the folder OEMVersion for the file mxipupdate_OEMVERSION_100.provxml You can edit that too
Google Nexus 5
ROM: Niksus Kitkat v3.5 4.4.4

Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505
ROM: EchoeROM V27 4.4.2 - AEL Kernel - New Boobloader

Google Nexus 7 2013
ROM: CleanROM 3.5 4.4.4

Sign up with COPY.COM! Get 15GB space free, use my link and we'll both earn an extra 5GB!!!
Get DROPBOX, use my link and we'll both earn 500MB extra!

whatabambam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I red those post but i cant find answer for my question about this how to change build of windows mobile in rom which you want to cook. Anybody can explain me how to do that?

dan1967
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatabambam View Post

So all what i need to know is how to make that ROM which i am cooking right now will have build of windows mobile the same like this ROM for rhodium (21048). I am talking about this build which you can check in the settings, system and about item.

Thank you.
Just take the SYS folder from the Rhodium dump and place it in your kitchen. Works in my case.
HTC Hermes - My own ROM: WM6.1 Build 19214.1.0.4 (Kaiser base)
HTC Touch HD - My own ROM: WM6.5 Build 23506 w Manila 2.1 (Rhodium base)
HTC Desire HD - ICS or My own 2.50.405.2 - radio 12.54.60.25U_26.09.04.11_M2; stock kernel
Asus TF101 on EOS nightly
SGS3 - AOKP-ised

cvchetan
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
can some one help me with how to extract a pakage cab from a rom..