FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

Reverse Tethering

188 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By memphisraynz, Senior Member on 19th July 2009, 04:33 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I know lots of people including myself have been looking for a way to Reverse Tether, (use the PC's internet on Dream).

I have found a how to HERE which seems fairly straight forward. Havent been able to try it myself yet. Will attempt shortly.

I was wondering if the guys who put together the tethering app would be able to include this into their app to make it absolutely simple for users.

There is another way iv found HERE where it involves a few simple ABD commands. I jsut cant get my ADB to work correctly.

28th July 2009, 12:09 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphisraynz

I know lots of people including myself have been looking for a way to Reverse Tether, (use the PC's internet on Dream).

I have found a how to HERE which seems fairly straight forward. Havent been able to try it myself yet. Will attempt shortly.

I was wondering if the guys who put together the tethering app would be able to include this into their app to make it absolutely simple for users.

There is another way iv found HERE where it involves a few simple ABD commands. I jsut cant get my ADB to work correctly.

you had any luck with these yet? they are pissing me off!
28th July 2009, 12:25 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Iv followed both methods but i am still unable to get a connection.
I have been able to get the connection to show as a known WiFi

i Have also h once been able to connect to the Wifi networks but was unable to do any surfing. I wasnt sure if this was due to me having Win7. Though i did have ICS working.

I will have access to RTM soon and will apply that and give it another go.

If any devs can have a look at this aswell it would be awesome as i know alot of people would love to be able to use their laptop connect for internet access
28th July 2009, 12:37 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Does Android not support ad-hoc connections? Sorry for my ignorance, but I never needed to "reverse tether".
28th July 2009, 12:52 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolis

Does Android not support ad-hoc connections? Sorry for my ignorance, but I never needed to "reverse tether".

Yep, ad-hoc is not supported.
The Following User Says Thank You to Burag For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2009, 12:56 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burag

Yep, ad-hoc is not supported.

That sucks! Well, I'll better keep an eye on this thread so that I know what to do in case I ever need it.
28th July 2009, 01:57 AM |#7  

More
sorry for my ignorance but why not try wifi?
28th July 2009, 02:06 AM |#8  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1

More
looks cool
i would try it. but i have no use for it. also dont wanna edit the files. i dont want to screw it up. would be nice if someone from xda can make it noob proff
28th July 2009, 03:58 AM |#9  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Talking cyanogen 3.9.1
his new rom has it built in
28th July 2009, 02:53 PM |#10  

More
I didnt really like 3.9.1 my one didnt have dialer or contact or anything ... like...sort of negates the fact that its a phone .Yeah btw i did manage to connect to wifi and all but the surfing would not work ... grr
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adhoc, internet, reverse tethering, wifi
Previous Thread Next Thread