Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Reverse Tethering

OP memphisraynz

19th July 2009, 05:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 3

188 posts
More
I know lots of people including myself have been looking for a way to Reverse Tether, (use the PC's internet on Dream).

I have found a how to HERE which seems fairly straight forward. Havent been able to try it myself yet. Will attempt shortly.

I was wondering if the guys who put together the tethering app would be able to include this into their app to make it absolutely simple for users.

There is another way iv found HERE where it involves a few simple ABD commands. I jsut cant get my ADB to work correctly.
28th July 2009, 01:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

78 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphisraynz

I know lots of people including myself have been looking for a way to Reverse Tether, (use the PC's internet on Dream).

I have found a how to HERE which seems fairly straight forward. Havent been able to try it myself yet. Will attempt shortly.

I was wondering if the guys who put together the tethering app would be able to include this into their app to make it absolutely simple for users.

There is another way iv found HERE where it involves a few simple ABD commands. I jsut cant get my ADB to work correctly.

you had any luck with these yet? they are pissing me off!
28th July 2009, 01:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 3

188 posts
More
Iv followed both methods but i am still unable to get a connection.
I have been able to get the connection to show as a known WiFi

i Have also h once been able to connect to the Wifi networks but was unable to do any surfing. I wasnt sure if this was due to me having Win7. Though i did have ICS working.

I will have access to RTM soon and will apply that and give it another go.

If any devs can have a look at this aswell it would be awesome as i know alot of people would love to be able to use their laptop connect for internet access
28th July 2009, 01:37 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 13

795 posts
Does Android not support ad-hoc connections? Sorry for my ignorance, but I never needed to "reverse tether".
28th July 2009, 01:52 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 106

294 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolis

Does Android not support ad-hoc connections? Sorry for my ignorance, but I never needed to "reverse tether".

Yep, ad-hoc is not supported.
The Following User Says Thank You to Burag For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2009, 01:56 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 13

795 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burag

Yep, ad-hoc is not supported.

That sucks! Well, I'll better keep an eye on this thread so that I know what to do in case I ever need it.
28th July 2009, 02:57 AM   |  #7  

72 posts
sorry for my ignorance but why not try wifi?
28th July 2009, 03:06 AM   |  #8  
Flag Philadelphia

579 posts
More
looks cool
i would try it. but i have no use for it. also dont wanna edit the files. i dont want to screw it up. would be nice if someone from xda can make it noob proff
28th July 2009, 04:58 AM   |  #9  
Flag Philadelphia

579 posts
More
Talking cyanogen 3.9.1
his new rom has it built in
28th July 2009, 03:53 PM   |  #10  

78 posts
I didnt really like 3.9.1 my one didnt have dialer or contact or anything ... like...sort of negates the fact that its a phone .Yeah btw i did manage to connect to wifi and all but the surfing would not work ... grr

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adhoc, internet, reverse tethering, wifi
Previous Thread Next Thread