Advanced Launcher - Now with more sweets [Version 2.1 - 25.09]
I have even more customized the Launcher.apk from rogro82.
I implemented some functionality to create folders in the launcher and to move apps from the launcher into these folders.
As the result the "main menu" should be more clear and controllable.
I'm confused by myself. So here's the description: u17 ist still the old version for cupcake releases. There is a standalone and a replacement. Both are for cupcake based builds.
Then there ist v2.0.1. It's the new version. It's for donut based builds. And it's currently only the replacement version, standalone will come.
So don't use v2.0.1 on cupcake based builds (like cyanogen's 4.0.4 stable) and don't use u17 or u17_replacement on donut based builds (like the cyanogen experimental branch).
Installation (Standalone Version)
- In the app tray launcher give the possibility to group apps and folders so that they are divided by a thin line with the group name
- Fast up the icon loading even more
- More customization options
Just install the AdvancedLauncher as every other app - It's a "real" home replacement now.
Installation (Replacement Version)
- Plug your USB cable into the phone and your computer
- Make a backup of your original launcher: "adb pull /system/app/Launcher.apk LauncherBAK.apk"
- Remount the /system filesystem: "adb remount"
- Unzip the advanced launcher "unzip Launcher_update_x.zip"
- Push the advanced launcher "adb push AdvancedLauncher_replacement.apk /system/app/Launcher.apk"
- Remove the odex file "adb rm /system/app/Launcher.odex"
- Reboot your phone.
Reverting the installation after making a backup (Replacement Version)
- Remount the /system file system: "adb remount"
- Push your backup: "adb push LauncherBAK.apk /system/app/Launcher.apk"
- Reboot your phone.
- Themed Version
from overground - Thanks a lot and keep this work up ^^ [v2.1 replacement][Hero-Themed]
- Themed Version for XROM
also from overground [v2.1 replacement]
v2.1 - 25.09
- Readded the standalone version
- Added possibility to disable titles for desktop icons
- Some more I forgot about
v2.0.1 - 16.09
- Fixed hiding from tray launcher
v2.0 - 16.09
- Changed the version numbering xD
- Rebased on Donut
- Added Home-Screen-Full-Bug-Fix (xD) from xidominicanoix
- Back button now closes the submenus
- Added the sensless possibility to configure the count of columns of the tray launcher
- Added the sensless possibility to disable the app names in the tray launcher (if disabled, only the icons are shown)
This works on the CM experimental branches ^^ - Well, it should...
Only the replacement version for this time, sorry about that. The standalone will come soon.
Update 17 - 02.09
It's just a very small update.
- Fixed the shortcut-delete-bug when pushing the replacement version
- Added the possibility to add custom wallpapers for our themers
So there's no need to upgrade for all those who has update 16 installed
Update whatever xD
- Added replacement version from u16. Testet on cm4.0.4
Update 16 - 31.08
- Fixed "drop-beside-folder" crash
- Added possibility for backup/restore of settings/submenu data
- For all themers: Resigning and installing should now work, sorry for that.
If you can't install or anything please post logcats of the process
Thank you all.
Update 15 - 30.08
Warning: This version is the first which is a "real" home replacement. This means it can be installed like any other app and you can choose between the original launcher and the advanced launcher. This also means the package name has changed which causes your configuration data to be invalid.
You can "import" you configuration data by copying it into the new folder:
cp /data/data/com.android.launcher/shared_prefs/extendedlauncher.xml /data/data/com.irrenhaus.advancedlauncher/shared_prefs/
cp /data/data/com.android.launcher/databases/extendeddrawer.sqlite /data/data/com.irrenhaus.advancedlauncher/databases/
cp /data/data/com.android.launcher/databases/extendedsensor.sqlite /data/data/com.irrenhaus.advancedlauncher/databases/
cp /data/data/com.android.launcher/databases/submenu.sqlite /data/data/com.irrenhaus.advancedlauncher/databases/
cp /data/data/com.android.launcher/databases/extendedhome.sqlite /data/data/com.irrenhaus.advancedlauncher/databases/
cp /data/data/com.android.launcher/databases/launcher.db /data/data/com.irrenhaus.advancedlauncher/databases/launcher.db
- Fixed the "cannot-add"-bug
- Fixed the "same-name"-bug
- Removed submenu settings
- Submenu handling is now done fully by drag and drop (Drop a folder from the launcher into the delete zone to delete it. In the menu there is a create submenu button. Long press close button of a submenu to rename it.)
- Added choice dialog when dropping an app icon from the launcher or a submenu onto the delete zone (Default action [hide, mvoe to main menu] or uninstall) so the apps can be uninstalled easier
- Added the possibility to create shortcuts to the submenus onto the home screen
- Hiding & Unhiding apps is now faster
- A few other things I can't remember
Update 14 - 24.08
- Well, no bug fixes, sry. u14 is u13 - but on CM 4.0.2
Update 13 - 14.08
- Fixed the "'" bug
- The only times when the app list is reloaded now is the startup and when you quit the settings dialog, so when you move apps using drag and drop the list is immediately updated. The whole thing is faster now.
The source can be found at my git repository
Have fun with it