New htc menu for all windows build! NOW with MessageBox replacement
SenseSDK by eboelzner
Htc Menu Loader is a little service application that loads htc menu enhancement in all windows build, even in windows mobile emulator!
Now it also replaces standard messagebox with a more finger friendly one and comes with a finger friendly config utility.
- install .net compact framework 3.5
- (W)QVGA: install cabs beginning with QVGA_WM65 from attached zip (W)QVGA_HtcMenuEnhancementPkgs.zip (note: QVGA version is from HTC Mega/Touch2 rom version 1.33). Optimized for wm6.5.1 (start menu on top), works with vm6.5.3 with some graphical problems.
- (W)VGA: you should install/cook these packages into your rom:
- (W)(Q)VGA: install (Q)VGA_WM61_HTCScroll_fix.cab (also in zip file) if you have WM 6.1
- install one of these cabs
francarl.HTCMenuLoader-BootLauncher.v1.41.cab (if you have HTC BootLauncher into your ROM)
after reboot, you can use configuration utility into Programs folder to enable or disable enhancements. By default, htc menu loader is disabled, instead msgbox enhancement is enabled.
Registry key for configuration (or use use configuration utility!):
EnableSIP=1 ; 1 = enable ezinput sip menu popup, 0 show standard window sip menu (default 0)
EnableMenu=1 ; 1 = enable htc menu enhancement (default 0)
EnableMsgbox=1 ; 1 = enable messagebox replacement (default 1)
- EnableSIP=1 works GREAT if you want to access EzInput custom menu to access options, change language and layout
The code contains two important windows mobile techniques:
1 - DLL injecting (there are lot of example on web)
2 - API replacement (see FingerSuite thread here for references!). It's the same technique that I used in FingerSuite to replace MessageBox and TrackPopupMenu system API.
There are a lot of things that can be do with API replacement technique. For example, overriding GetOpenFileNameEx for total replace of awful "Picture & Videos" standard windows mobile dialog!
Ask me if you want help. And good work!
- First time, htc enhancement menu could not appear.
PLEASE REPORT IN THIS THREAD ANY BUGS YOU FIND, THANKS!
See this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=25 for some explanations!
v1.0) initial release
v1.1) ezinput sip menu support added
v1.2) added configuration utility and message box with ManilaSDK framework
v1.3) test version never released
v1.4) migrate to amazing SenseSDK by eboelzner
v1.41) updated to SenseSDK v1.38 by eboelzner
Please Buy Me a Beer if you like my work
THANKS TO eboelzner for his excellent SenseSDK
Older version download report
francarl.HTCMenuLoader.v1.4.CAB (432.2 KB, 231 views)
francarl.HTCMenuLoader-BootLauncher.v1.4.CAB (407.7 KB, 168 views)