Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 51,145 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

totally stuck, but not bricked. big problem w/ htc rom update

Tip us?

nlel
Old
(Last edited by nlel; 31st July 2009 at 12:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hi that was me that solved my Standby of Death problem by changing phone band option from AUTO to 3G only (also works if set 2G only from auto)...

Its good to hear that you also solved your Standby of Death problem but by changing SIM, this doesn't surprise me, did you also change provider or was it just a faulty sim?

I don't think a change of SIM would benefit me as I had the problem with my old SIM (I don't think my SIM is faulty per se not if they are all like that) besides changing the band setting from auto to either 3G only or 2G only works for me and I'm happy with that. If I didn't have a working solution I would def try changing SIM however and I don't want to discourage doing that.

Also I would only get the Standby of Death 2-3 times a week which coinceded with being in a weak 3G area (where the phone might auto switch bands) it didn't happen as often as you had it. The problem is def connected to the SIM card.

Obviously everything I've written above only applies to those who have the Standby of Death because of the SIM or settings which impact the SIM, to rule out a software cause are best to start with a hard reset.

shahzaib52
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlel View Post
Hi that was me that solved my Standby of Death problem by changing phone band option from AUTO to 3G only (also works if set 2G only from auto)...

Its good to hear that you also solved your Standby of Death problem but by changing SIM, this doesn't surprise me, did you also change provider or was it just a faulty sim?

I don't think a change of SIM would benefit me as I had the problem with my old SIM (I don't think my SIM is faulty per se not if they are all like that) besides changing the band setting from auto to either 3G only or 2G only works for me and I'm happy with that. If I didn't have a working solution I would def try changing SIM however and I don't want to discourage doing that.

Also I would only get the Standby of Death 2-3 times a week which coinceded with being in a weak 3G area (where the phone might auto switch bands) it didn't happen as often as you had it. The problem is def connected to the SIM card.

Obviously everything I've written above only applies to those who have the Standby of Death because of the SIM or settings which impact the SIM, to rule out a software cause are best to start with a hard reset.
i had sufferd from the same problem as u.
but my problem was,i downloaded a radio rom patch which was going to make my jamin from 2g to 4g.i tried to install it and it makes my cell dead.becus of low battery.once ur cell phone becomes failure during rom flashing it will not accept even charging.now condition was same when i turn my cell phone it comes just for may be few seconds and becomes down but red light turns on some times.there is a way.charge ur mobile battery using desktop charger and make it charge just for 45 minuts or ur baterry will blown up.after this connect ur phone with usb cable and starts upgrading again.it will prove helpful.thank u...