I'm not able to provide any support anymore to this thread since I don't have any Windows mobile device left. My old HTC Polaris is running on Android now. So if you have any questions just post it here or use search, don't PM me because I probably won't answer.
Manila v2.0 have been leaked from HTC. The great thing with this version is that it comes from HTC Mega, a.k.a Touch2 which have native QVGA screen resolution so there is no need for porting or resizing of applications.
Big thanks goes to Da_G who made available to all of us build 19171723 and conflipper for latest build 19191432. Raw HTC Mega build 19171723 packages are here and build 19191432 packages are here.
Originally Da_G posted Mega packages for cookers so they can cook into Roms. I just made a quick cab so anyone can benefit and try out before your favorite cookers will release new Roms. Making cabs still takes some time so I'll add other Mega cabs later.
It is released as is, so it may or may not work on your device.
WHATS NEW IN THIS VERSION?
- new home tab with flipping clock and weather widget [only in build 19191432 from 23-09-09]
- it has new folderview (bugless finally), works flawlesly, also All settings soft key now is working properly with WM6.5.
- footprints widget is working with latest build 19191432, but its not included. You have to install apart.
- there is new Sound Control canvas in settings tab
- there is new Mail Setup canvas in settings tab (needs Email Setup Wizard and New Mail Account cabs to work, link below)
In my opinion the biggest change in this Manila version is HTC new approach to finger friendly menus, settings and applications in tight integration with Manila. The rest you can see in screenshoots.
- original version works only on WM6.5. I included patched version which should work with other phones and WM6.1 (thanks to mbarvian and silymore)
- this is only WWE version, its not translated yet to other languages.
- if you had any previous version of Manila, don't forget to uninstall it and do soft reset before installing this version. Also keep in mind that it will keep your personal settings, like people tab photos, weather cities or launcher number of rows/clomuns.
- Manila customizer theme manager won't work properly since home tab is totally revamped by HTC
- to set Opera as default browser in Manila you need to change the following registry settings:
\HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2D\InternetWidget\ "OperaEXEFile"=<Path to Opera> "WebBrowserType"=dword:00000001
- Apparently leaked Manila files are beta version and for that reason debbug logger is enabled in some applications by default. So you will have to disable it by deleting this registry key as soon as you have finished installing all programs.They key will reappear, but don't worry, it will not log anything.
- If original Notification Enhancements or some other system cabs does not work for you try SDK signed cabs from link below.
- For Weather patched Manila version look in this post. Currently only for WM6.5. (thx to S.V.I)
- If you have Sprint or other non HTC device and SMS button does not work for you then look for fix HERE (thx to Vancer)
As I already told this version of Manila is very tightly integrated into HTC Mega package and it is almost impossible to have clean standalone version. Nevertheless it is possible to run it with minimum requirements without problems, so don't expect to work every single function and module. Also this version is designed for WM6.5 and it may not work flawlessly with WM6.1.
To run Manila with base functionality you will need to install these cabs:
(you will have running Manila with basic tabs working. Obviously Album, Audio Manager and Settings tabs won't work or work partly, but it gives aproximate idea ans feeling about this Manila version)
- [WM6.5] HTC 2DManila 2.0.19191432.04.WAlien.cab - it have now flipping clock and animated weather in home tab!
Important! For weather update to work you must install geo localisation files. Also its known issue that weather in home tab does not work on CDMA phones.
- HTC Scroll 2.0.19173130.WAlien.cab
- HTC Shared Modules 1.01.19143331.01.cab
- HTC Framework 1.1.19183729.WAlien.cab
- HTC DRM Middleware 1.5.19142824.00.cab
- HTC HTCAnimation 22.214.171.124.cab
... and for a little more functionality a little more cabs:
(if all cabs are installed successfully you will have fully functional Manila. In case something does not work for you try SDK signed cabs in link below)
- HTC Album 3.0.19182223.WAlien.cab - can't rotate images (what is not a bug, but normal functionality) and videos in album does not play.
- HTC FullScreenPlayer 1.7.19183031.01.WAlien.cab - will be needed to playback videos in album, but currently it does not work. For now its just optional cab for testing
- HTC AudioManager 2.2.19182329.LR1.WAlien.cab
- HTC Audio Booster 2_5_19182330.WAlien.cab
- [BROKEN LINK]HTC Dshow 2.0.19182129.WAlien.cab - must have recompiled it so now it includes HTCADXRenderV.dll with no overwrite flag
- HTC Resource Proxy 1.0.19132627.00.cab - must have
- HTC Media Tool kit 1.0.19171631.00.cab - must have
- [BROKEN LINK][use older version]HTC CommManager 2.9.F.1.WAlien.cab - if WiFi does not start for you look HERE and HERE how to fix it (thx to strucon)
- HTC Phone Canvas 4.0.52619192527.WAlien.cab - GSM ONLY! not for CDMA
- [BROKEN LINK]HTC Opera Browser 2.0.19191432.04.WAlien.cab
- HTC YouTube 2.6.19171628.WAlien.cab
- HTC Facebook 1.0.07.1.WAlien.cab
PATCHED MANILA FOR WM6.1 and non-HTC devices
- HTC 2DManila 2.0.19191432.04.Patched.cab - big thx to silymore for patching and thejackalsmark for finding needle in the haystack
- [WM6.1] Manila 2D v2.0 build 19171723 patched by mbarvian
OTHER HTC MEGA CABS:
- NEW Build 19191432 OEM Cabs are here
- Build 19171723 OEM Cabs are here
- Build 19171723 SDK Cabs are here - must install sdkcerts.cab
SOME USEFUL TOOLS:
MobileRegEdit.zip - edit your Mobile device registry on Desktop PC
MyMobile123_06152008.zip - control remotely your Mobile device from Desktop PC
Manila Customizer v0.29.235
[BROKEN LINK]HTC Manila2D Hero Clock.cab - HTC Hero style digital clock with corrected SMS counter and alarm clock