Before we start, my thanks go out to sztupy and 6Fg8 for their amazing tools, without them this port wouldn't have been possible. Another big thanks goes to ChainFire for his amazing CFC GUI which saves alot of storage space.
Thanks also go out to xbmod for his work on the VGA port of the new manila which served as an inspiration for this port, and to Captain_Throwback who has helped me with testing (WM6.5) and cabbing up the package.
While xbmod's vga port was a great feat, it did have some shortcomings since it was based on a beta version. We have all waited a long time for a new version, but since xbmod wasn't able to continue his work, I decided to give it a shot myself. This port was not easy, alot of hours have been spent trying to port the layout to VGA. But it's finally getting ready to be released.
This release will not be perfect, the first release will also have limited landscape support, but the new v2.1 manila is a great improvement in terms of stability and performance that make it worthwile.
Main new features of v2.1 over v2.0:
- New add push page dialog: you can enter your own push page manually, no longer needed to first add it as a bookmark to opera (see screenshot below)
> Also, now a warning will pop up when enabling push page (extra data transfer etc.)
- New messaging screen: thumbnails have been removed to create more space for the messages themselves (see screenshot below)
- Calendar auto-adapts to regional settings: calendar now starts on monday if your regional settings are right (see screenshot below)
- Complete facebook integration: no more connection errors
- 6 more program icons available in start menu/programs tab (+ it's adjustable, so you can even get more/less)
- WM6.1 & WM6.5 compatible!
- Numbers / web links in SMS messages are now pressable
> clicking on a number will open a new screen where you can add to contacts, make a call or send SMS
> clicking on a link will open the web browser
- New text message font in Message tab (Helvetica LT35 Thin)
R1.5 (new Build 38680)
- New "My Location" in Weather Tab
> uses GPS to automatically locate your position and adjust weather tab & world clock accordingly
- Weather Tab now takes date into account and adjust accordingly
Gen.Y Manila VGA Roadmap:
Revolution (R1.5) - Released: 11 Sept 09
> Perfect portrait mode, improved landscape mode
Evolution (R2.0) - ETA: canceled
(kimi_sae_ireba will be picking up from here to release a new version of the port based on the latest 2.1.1920 branch with weatherclock & animated weather on home tab)
The R1.5 Manila kitchen & the unported 2.1.1918 manila kitchen can be found here (fixed link and removed password)
The Next Episode (Gen.Y Sense v2.5)
> ETA: ???
Gen.Y Manila R1.5 VGA CFC Progress Report:
Google Online Spreadsheet
Gen.Y Manila "Revolution" R1.5
- Restarted with new build 2.1.38680.1 > all decompilation errors have been fixed (all files re-ported again) - New "My Location" in Weather Tab > uses GPS to automatically locate your position and adjust weather tab & world clock accordingly - Weather Tab now takes date into account and adjust accordingly - G-Sensor switch now compatible with SensorSDKv4 1911! PORTRAIT & LANDSCAPE: - Fixed animations in weather tab (fade up/fade down text) PORTRAIT: - All Tabs: Fixed double horizontal line in header at the top - World Clock: Fixed scrolling and missing scroll bar - Alarm: redid layout from scratch - Add new push page: pressing on the input box now correctly scrolls up the display - Album tab: improved layout (pictures are bigger, picture stack now positioned higher) - People tab: slighty improved layout (picture aspect corrected, positions slightly modified) - Single Contact View: Message tab now displays the last message correctly when entering (no more scrolling down) - Add stock & add weather icons and text positons modified to fit all languages - Weather tab layout improved (slightly bigger text & icons) - Fixed scrollbar not visible in Weather Tab > Add Location - Internet Tab: fixed scrolling issues - Email Tab: fixed bladelist scrolling to bottom - Calendar Tab: smoother scrolling through months - Stock Tab > Single Quote Details: scrolling enabled, layout fixed for VGA - Home Tab: reduced amount of appointments visible to fit screen estate (fixed slider overlapping) LANDSCAPE - Add new push page: inputbox & menu items now correctly adapted to landscape mode - World Clock: Hitzone for clock now corrected - Stock Add Quote page: inputbox and list now correctly adapts to landscape mode - Stock Tab > Single Quote Details: landscape layout fixed - Settings tab: settings tab now fully functional in landscape mode - Internet Tab: Search bar width now correct, layout adjusted for VGA landscape - Dialog menu's now are correctly shown (except for music tab) & many more minor fixes
I would like to express my thanks to all of you who have provided (and are still providing) me with feedback, bug reports and donations.